What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help! Very stinky

Tentme

I’m going into the final 7 days of flowering and it’s getting to be very smelly. Two tents: flower 4x4 has 6” ac infinity fan and filter through an air cooled 600w hood.

Veg is 4x2 w/ 6” fan and matching can filter.

Both tents vent up and then into the same 8” and out the attic.

I’m thinking of adding an 8” filter in attic to exhaust through but is there anything else I can do?

Dankwolf

In line ozone generator on ducting if you have no cate for you or any one around you .

Charcoal filter in exhaust

Best option charcoal filter exhausting i. To lung room that has ionizer in lung room that has a powered vent through a stove pipe or next best option .

Also venting through a compost bin can almost always curb or atleast nock down offensive smells

There are a couple more options as well but less proven and or counter productive if you or customers like terp heavy product

Tentme

In line ozone generator on ducting if you have no cate for you or any one around you .

Charcoal filter in exhaust

Best option charcoal filter exhausting i. To lung room that has ionizer in lung room that has a powered vent through a stove pipe or next best option .

Also venting through a compost bin can almost always curb or atleast nock down offensive smells

There are a couple more options as well but less proven and or counter productive if you or customers like terp heavy product

Inline ozone Generator maybe be the ticket. I’ll have to check one out.

madalasatori

Veteran
656E4E46-9700-4BBA-AE8A-4B615CE7F9A9.jpeg

kritios

Is the filter coming to its end of life?I had a filter quit on me and I only really noticed it as the plants started their beautiful stink.

I was able to take off one of the ends of my filter. If you can too, you can disassemble it, empty out the carbon inside, and replace it with something like this:

Activated carbon:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...r-and-smith-premium-activated-carbon-granules

Its cheaper than a new filter. You may need a new pre-filter too, those things clog too.

Tentme

Is the filter coming to its end of life?I had a filter quit on me and I only really noticed it as the plants started their beautiful stink.

I was able to take off one of the ends of my filter. If you can too, you can disassemble it, empty out the carbon inside, and replace it with something like this:

Activated carbon:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...r-and-smith-premium-activated-carbon-granules

Its cheaper than a new filter. You may need a new pre-filter too, those things clog too.

I thought about that some and will be reworking the part from the filter to the hood after I chop. I don’t want to run the risk of knocking anything down to crush the girls.

Will check all the connections too