What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace seeds sativas vs other notable breeder offerings

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
hello all, i'm just curious about ace seeds vs other sativas, i really really liked the very few times i've tried ace seeds strains (pretty sure it was a malawi haze, although dispensaries are not always very forthcoming...which was amazing, bought it time and time again until it was gone; and golden tiger, which was also amazing, both in flower and concentrate). they beat the other 'sativa' :/ varieties they try to push out here, which are really usually just modern hybrids with a head high.

anyway, so i know ace has the chops and the top-notch reputation status of the company says it all, but i am wondering about other breeders that offer sativas, like tropical seeds company (durban punch and old congo for instance), cannabiogen (i do really want to try destroyer and red snake, they call to me) and legends like tom hill/ original haze or chimera super skunk.

does ace have it all, or is there a gap filled by those other hyped up offerings?

i guess really i'm asking for comparisons, i figure ace could supply my sativa needs forever, but are these other ones worth the trouble of seeking out? i don't want to kick myself down the road for missing out on awesome legends

T

TakenByTheSky

Lots of companies offer sativa's, you've got classic Dutch hazes that have been around for decades that might be a little more familiar then you have ace which offers highly worked exotic strains based on landraces.

What ever calls to you in terms of flavor, smells and effects is what you should grow. I wouldn't say any one thing is better than the other it's just what you like or what kind of experience you want to have.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i guess i'm more looking for do they have anything that i can't find amongst ace's catalogue. can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?

Koondense

Veteran
can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?

Probably not yet, but with this tempo they might in the next few years.
The cannabis spectrum is very broad and Ace seems to have almost everything covered. Only thing I'm missing are the very old lines and rarities.
Also if you look at their site the other seed brands seem to fill very well the whole pallette.

Cheers

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
may take a look at kcbrainss offering, i like the haze special very much, interesting to check leda uno, brains choice maybe some more too

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i tell you what, i believe ace will never be topped on customer service. quick to respond, and generous as hell.

THC123

Veteran
Hey Dubi and Ace, I mean no disrespect by posting this here in your subforum, I am simply answering a question from a member, if you want to delete I understand

My two favorite companies for landraces and sativas are ace seeds the real seed company.

WIth ace you can find almost everything especially since they are now also cooperating with breeders from other countries.

But I also like the real seed company because they offer unworked lines. They will not be optimalized like the ones from ace. There will be lots of crap between gems. But that site is cool is you want something you can start from zero with for breeding. Lots of phenos.

Ace works their lines, they keep em pure (unless they state it themselves, they are always very clear about the info) but they optimalize the lines for their customers so that everyone will have a big chance to find a fantastic plant. They also breed out undesirable traits. Their strains are plug and play.

And as other said, Ace has a very reactive and customer friendly customer service!!

They are both great companies, but ace really puts a lot of work in their lines.

jjonahjameson

can ace fill every sativa-lover's niche?
Maybe not, but damn if they don't have enough to keep us all busy for the next decade or more!
I'm curious to know myself about what you ask, but I can't see much missing from the class of Sativas from all over the world.

Their strains are plug and play.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Well said! Happy growing!

Naturalgazda

Colombia Mangobiche

Colombia Mangobiche

Hello. For me, the winner is Ace Seeds Bank. As for sativa. And it looks like that overall.

From other offers of quality sativas I register Colombia Mangobiche from Cannabiogen. And overall, the company has a similar focus as Ace Seeds. I also wanted to ask Dubi if there was a relationship. Their Destroyer is good all-day smoke. Not very strong.
Maybe Dubi will answer ....

Someone grew it-Colombia Mangobiche? Do you know the effects please? What can be compared to the Ace Seeds menu. Does it make sense to buy it? The price is very reasonable.

Then there's Brainkiller Haze from Vision Seeds that has its quality.

Thank you very much for your reactions.

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
Buy it I don't why I haven't I've been wanting mangobiche since it came out. Purple high yield super mango terps I got mango haze before mangobiche I thought it would be the other way around I highly recommend Mr nice auctions, I got 4 mango haze packs for the price of 1 regular pack mangobiche I have not forgotten you also the many different batches of mango Mexican I collected the past five years it seems it's the most common type of smell from what I can get from Mexico mango skin mango fruit onion

Montuno

...como el Son...
hello all, i'm just curious about ace seeds vs other sativas, i really really liked the very few times i've tried ace seeds strains (pretty sure it was a malawi haze, although dispensaries are not always very forthcoming...which was amazing, bought it time and time again until it was gone; and golden tiger, which was also amazing, both in flower and concentrate). they beat the other 'sativa' :/ varieties they try to push out here, which are really usually just modern hybrids with a head high.

anyway, so i know ace has the chops and the top-notch reputation status of the company says it all, but i am wondering about other breeders that offer sativas, like tropical seeds company (durban punch and old congo for instance), cannabiogen (i do really want to try destroyer and red snake, they call to me) and legends like tom hill/ original haze or chimera super skunk.

does ace have it all, or is there a gap filled by those other hyped up offerings?

i guess really i'm asking for comparisons, i figure ace could supply my sativa needs forever, but are these other ones worth the trouble of seeking out? i don't want to kick myself down the road for missing out on awesome legends

In my personal experience, I plant mainly sativas from A.C.E., CannaBioGen and Tropical Seeds Company, and the results have always ranged from good to excellent.

Jayded

The one type of buzz that none of the offerings i've seen has is the stuff that felt like just coming up on acid and had you roaring with laughter.Wish someone would find whatever that old imported weed was and reproduce it.

I wood

The one type of buzz that none of the offerings i've seen has is the stuff that felt like just coming up on acid and had you roaring with laughter.Wish someone would find whatever that old imported weed was and reproduce it.

There are many of us looking for the same, working my way through many ace acquisitions myself.

One very meao thai leaning plant out of seven golden tiger original f1s is pretty close, even before a good cure which always seems to help.
Steep dose responsive curve, one hit extra can lead to thoughts like, “holy shit why am i in public”, or “What was i doing again, maybe ill just sit down a bit and think”.

F2s and a hmong thai crosses are cooking now.

From the r&d list, two different zamaldelica crosses with ethiopian will be explored soon, those are bound to be good.

Rembetis

Hello. For me, the winner is Ace Seeds Bank. As for sativa. And it looks like that overall.

From other offers of quality sativas I register Colombia Mangobiche from Cannabiogen. And overall, the company has a similar focus as Ace Seeds.

Someone grew it-Colombia Mangobiche? Do you know the effects please? What can be compared to the Ace Seeds menu. Does it make.

Ace and CBG are at the top of my list. I keep going in circles trying to decide if the next run should be the Mangobiche or Punto Rojo or possibly the Double Jam . Somewhere in there will be the Ace Moroccan Beldia 2.

I am a fan of the "roots" landraces so I wish that more of those were offered as pure lines rather than crosses although I do understand that good parents aren't always found within the available seeds.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’ve yet to try TRSC. I’ve been buying from Ace for years. Always top notch gear. Amazing customer service and delivery. Can’t go wrong.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i think it solarlogos that rated pure honduras as a fave, right?

description says it's like the colombians of old, colombian gold being a crowd favorite...

just a thought.

someone else said original haze or tom hill haze was about as good as the good colombians or the same or something, i cant remember exactly

now i want colombian gold, but if honduras truly delivers like it sounds like it might...