What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rso oil with fentanyl

Ticketyboo

Hi
My friend has been diagnosed with cancer in liver an kidneys
Iv made him enough high thc oil for the 90 days

The problem I have is he’s been on Fentanyl patches 75mg for 5 over years

Last year he said he tried a grain of rice size
of oil but had a terrible time on it combined with the fentanyl patch

He wants to start the oil straight away but I’m lost on giving him the best advice
He wants to cut patches into half an try to ween himself of the fentanyl Is this a good or bad idea any help would be very much appreciated thanks for reading:tiphat:

Gry

Hi there, went through the patches and the oxycontin, and morphine etc over kidney cancer.

Working with lung cancer this time around.

If you buddy has been doing that class of opiates for that period of time, he will go though

hell trying to do it on his own.

It can be done, if the attitude is right, but he will suffer .

If he is not comfortable speaking with the md who put him on the stuff, then

try talk him into going to a methadone clinic- tell him to tell the people there he

has been doing street fent. They will stick him on methadone, at which point,

the extract you made, combined with methadone will likely be a source of

comfort for him.

Will be thinking of your buddy, and wish him the best.

Ticketyboo

have him talk with his Dr. about it, fentanyl is no joke and more difficult to quit than heroin or morphine.
read more about it here: https://www.floridarehab.com/drugs/fentanyl/withdrawal-detox/

Thanks for reply
His doctor is Against alternative medicine
Iv sat in with him with his doctor He is most obnoxious arrogant man iv come across

Iv told him to transfer to my doctor who is more acceptable to alternative medicine

That link you put up is worrying for him
If he’s got problem with kidney an liver it’s more risk coming off fentanyl an withdrawl takes a lot longer

Ticketyboo

Hi there, went through the patches and the oxycontin, and morphine etc over kidney cancer.

Working with lung cancer this time around.

If you buddy has been doing that class of opiates for that period of time, he will go though

hell trying to do it on his own.

It can be done, if the attitude is right, but he will suffer .

If he is not comfortable speaking with the md who put him on the stuff, then

try talk him into going to a methadone clinic- tell him to tell the people there he

has been doing street fent. They will stick him on methadone, at which point,

the extract you made, combined with methadone will likely be a source of

comfort for him.

Will be thinking of your buddy, and wish him the best.

Thank you for reply
We’re in northwest uk
Mate just told Me it’s closer to 10 years he’s been on patches
I know how to grow an do the extracts for him I’m on the oil myself iv got ME Fibromyalgia myself so I know how well oil helps

I think the penny finally dropped for him
That he’s in a whole lot of trouble coming of the fentanyl
Hey my man you keep fighting the good fight I’m sure you can beat it
You will be in my prayers tonight
Cheers ticketyboo :tiphat:

redlaser

Veteran
Good advice from Gry, especially if your friend is determined to quit.

I would caution against cutting the 75mcg fentanyl patch, since its timed release it may release too much. They make a 50 and 25 mcg patch for what that’s worth. Had the 25 in pain management and understand wanting to be off that crap.

I would also try a lesser amount of oil because your friend sounds sensitive to its effects and work up to a larger amount, might just be too strange for someone inexperienced in its effects

clearheaded

Yea dont cut it as its a gel inside a gortex like material that allows slow absorbtion. there is 1 var that may be able to be cut however in general its not a good idea.

The best idea is to take LESS RSO ;) start low 10mg or less of oil not just thc. grain of rice can be WAY to much when u have quality oil 65+% thc. 1/3 or 1/4 a grain of rice is where to start at least an hour before bed as digestion slows on opiates so can cause it not to kick in till morning. 3 days to a week of just at night to become tollerant. and can move to micro dose at lunch and can slowly go up once tollerance develops. cbd can help smooth doses out so doesnt get wacked over the head however be aware that high cbd may affect oral opiates positively ie increase absorbtion of opiates. like grapfruit.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
becareful sometimes the cure is worse then the ailment .i was a heroin addict for 7 yrs did the methadone program and that was harder to kick then the heroin.took a cpl months to kick the methadone and only 10 days to kick heroin the 2 time i got hooked .been clean for 27 yrs now just smoking weed

Hopefull Stoner

So, basically your dude needs to be weened off by a dr. and that means he needs to switch dr.s to yours asap. any further dosing via thc. should be tried via edible at a very tiny portion and the actual amount should be 1/2 strength to start.

that seems to be the most sensible way to do what he needs.

from a professional medical friend of mine is this. she suggest using thc with cbd too to help decrease anxiety and also assist in controlling his pain and mood.

you can can see how it effects him by putting the tincture in mush room tea like chaga mushroom.

Ticketyboo

Thank you all for replies
Been having trouble signing in
I wrote reply’s to all but as I sent my reply it kicked me out an lost my reply’s

I now know to tick the box

Hopeful stoner great advice he has transferred to my doc now Iv made cbd tinctures an cbd oils for him
He started on his reduction of fentanyl
Now starts his long road to recovery
Can’t thank you all enough for your help
Much appreciated thank you all

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A grain of rice size chunk of oil is too much for someone without a weed tolerance. People new to weed can feel overwhelmed with just a 10 mg edible. Your friend needs to start with tiny amounts and work his way up.

Hash oil for someone who's built up a tolerance can definitely help with opioid withdrawal symptoms. Rebound pain and insomnia are two of the worst things to deal with during opioid withdrawal. Hash oil helps with both. It will help fight the cancer once he's worked up to higher doses.

Galaxy420

Thank you all for replies
Been having trouble signing in
I wrote reply’s to all but as I sent my reply it kicked me out an lost my reply’s

I now know to tick the box

Hopeful stoner great advice he has transferred to my doc now Iv made cbd tinctures an cbd oils for him
He started on his reduction of fentanyl
Now starts his long road to recovery
Can’t thank you all enough for your help
Much appreciated thank you all

a few notes here ... omega three and cannabimimetics

adding omega three to daily diet helps our cells to make more signaling cannabinoids

https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

using cannabimimetics along with cannabis boosts the pathways that the cannabis actives can access as well

https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-...search-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

Ticketyboo

Little update
My mate is doing unbelievably good at this time of writing
He went cold turkey for around 21 days
Refused any help from me an friends
Locked himself in room an got on with it

He’s one tough guy believe me
He’s got himself up to 3 grains of rice a day so far
Thank you all for input an advice much appreciated

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am in the end stage of liver cancer. I have been on low dose morphine since 2007.

For me taking marijuana concentrate with the morphine allows pain relief at half the dose morphine alone takes. In thirteen years I have not gone over 30mg/day.
Oil usage varied from a gram every ten days to a gram every five. For intense episodes the marijuana gets the increase as it does not build tolerance and can be dropped back down when the cancer eases up.

Liver cancer is episodic, it grows and stops, grows and stops anywhere from every six months to almost a year and a half. Maximum life expectancy is ten years from onset of first tumor. At the twelve year point I had quite the argument with my doctor. They want a biopsy and always have. I maintain the biopsy is what spreads the cancer and flat refuse.

I am now at four years of bonus time past where 99% are dead. No way is anyone breaking the seal around the tumors and releasing the cancer, not ever.

Last January it decided to multiply and break out on its own, I dropped another thirty pounds (117# now, down from 235 originally) and have seven new tumors all lined up in a row across the liver. Prognosis is weeks. I appreciate the four extra years and accept my fate.

Anyway, the gist is that later on a generous mix of both THC and opiates becomes the most efficient method for pain relief without being drugged into a stupor.
Works for me anyhow.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
@ sparechange = another World

No kidding, coherent posts get lost in the garbage. This thread has essentially been ended by him. Not worth the high boots needed to try and wade through the crap. There is no shore, it just goes on until it stops, no sense to be made of being hip deep in crap.