What's new

Which strains are from Oregon?

teide

Veteran
I realise Oregon has quite some history and famous names when it comes to outdoor weed cultivation.
I lived one year in Oregon in the early nineties and still I am very fond of the place. This was when I was young and innocent and of course long before legalization.

Now that I am a family man in Northern Europe it would be nice to get my hands on legendary genetics bred in Oregon, especially something that was created at the same time I lived there.

I've heard of Oregon cutthroat and Oregon purple Thai. Don't know the history.
I also know that the late Subcool started off in Oregon before moving to Ca, and I think his ex MzJill still works out of Oregon?

I just ordered a pack of c99xAustralian bastard from Humboldt CSI, iirc those are bred by Hyb in Oregon. That will be my Oregon cultivar for future breeding work.
I would also like a strain that is great by itself, not needing to be crossed.
Preferably sativa leaning.

Any legendary strains that originated in Oregon? Preferably from before 1992.

teide

Veteran
How could I have missed that DJ Short is from Oregon! Thanks, Happy Times. Would love to get hold of some Flo or F-13..
Lavender means Soma to me.
Will have to read about Pineapple and Lavender and their connection to Oregon.

I got a tip about Bradley Danks also. Oregon breeder of what seems to me like fine purple buds, strains contain TGA genetics as well. Two for one..
Thanks for the help, guys!

mexweed

Veteran
oregon snow, which is in snowdog, and there at least a couple seed companies that have done snowdog crosses

Happy Times

Those 3 were strains that a buddy in Portland was running when I went to visit a long time ago. I thought he said the Pineapple was still around, that stuff sure did smell delish

JetLife175

Veteran
Believe it or not the infamous dogbud has been rumored to be from the camas valley area in Oregon as per joe B and PBud.

squatty

I've grown a few strains from Oregon Green Seed. I'm not sure how many are old school Oregon strains but I guess she's been growing here since the 70's.

Oregonism

OPT Oregon purple thai. Mom of blueberry / deep warp

Williams wonder
Willies skunk
Albert walker
Dogshit?
Pineapple dogshit?

Always thought that Afgooey or Gooey was also done here..

mexweed

Veteran
Believe it or not the infamous dogbud has been rumored to be from the camas valley area in Oregon as per joe B and PBud.

I remember hearing something in a podcast or reading something somewhere about a lady in oregon that was growing an heirloom se asian hashplant that is tied to the dogbud

Storm Shadow

Veteran
my buddies up there have a killer Pineapple that throws down on the yields... its definitely an Oregon strain

JetLife175

Veteran
Another one I saw in Portland was DogWalker

Nice stuff!

One of my all time favorites. I really wanna get my hands on that one.

I have everything to make it myself but I have a feeling I won’t be able to recreate that terpene profile. It’s a perfect blend of the parents in my opinion.