What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO Pure blend pro deficiency

LostTribe

Premium user
I read on botanicare’s site, they recommend using the pure blend teas with their Kind line of nutes. And recommend using LK with their Pure Blend Pro line.

I’ve been using PBP for years and have always added around 0.5EC (about 5ml/g) CalMag and then add PBP until the EC is 1.3EC-2.0EC, depending on the stage the plants are in and how they respond to the strength. One thing I can say is as long as I’ve been using PBP, I’ve never seen anything like over feeding symptoms on the plants. Not saying you should go crazy, but it’s some pretty forgiving stuff.

So I’d suggest keeping the CalMag at the same level and just start out low on the PBP. But ramp the strength up pretty quick.

In veg I usually feed at 1.5EC. I even start out newly planted rooted cuts at that strength with no ill effects. If I’m growing a particular strain that tends to be sensitive to nutes early on, I’ll drop the strength to 1.3EC for the first few watering and then go to the 1.5EC.

In bloom I’ve been feeding 2.0EC and some strains could still eat more. I have in the past fed bloom just 1.3EC thru the whole bloom period and everything turned out good. Had a little premature yellowing but nothing that was considered a failure. Very forgiving stuff. 👍
Ah ha so I found it! I was looking everywhere for this. I just switched back to PBP and tap at .

4ec added ~.1ec cal mag to get to .5ec
10ml/gal PBP Grow
1ml/gal Silica Blast
totaling 1.5ec which I thought was high and was afraid they were fried. Will have to back down on the tiny ones a bit just in case.

Almost out of canna so figured why not use up what i've got. Plus I had better and more abundant aroma's from PBP.

LostTribe

Premium user
So I fed PBP for a few days. Had some more issues. I spoke with a guy I know and we think the bottles were definitely in too high/low temps so I was back on canna for a couple weeks but now I am officially out again.

Good growth with the canna, but I want to try finishing up next round with PBP if I can keep them happy. I am going to grab some small bottles of PBP and see how it goes.

@Vanilla Phoenix are you running the PBP grow and the bloom or just the bloom? I just flipped so maybe I'll just grab the bloom for now and use up the maxibloom I keep on hand for lucas veg.

Peace
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I’m growing in soil using CalMag/PBP Grow at 5ml/10ml in veg

And using CalMag/PBP Soil version at 470/1100 (700 scale) in flower. So final number with CalMag and PBP combined comes out to 1570 before pHing
Do me a favor and tell me what organics are listed on the current ingredient labels if you get a second? I thought they used to have guanos but only see fish meal and kelp listed online now. Havent had time to go to the store. I got some canna for now but considering something else once budding sets.