What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best pot size for coco??

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wow 15 gallons? I never used more than 2 gallon cloth pots in my dtw system. Usually 1 gallon pots, 8-16 plants per 4x4 table. Fed usually 2-3 times a day with drippers on timers. Are people seeing more yields with more coco? Sounds like a good side by side is in order...

1 gallon Smartpots for SOG setup with multiple plants or 3 gallon Smartpots x 9, 4-6 foot plants in a 5x5 tent with each yielding over 125 gr of dry flower.

Never saw the point of huge pots of coco as it will remain wetter longer resulting in less frequent feedings which is why coco yields the way it does. Many ways to skin a cat I suppose.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
6" pots

The buds they support

Some of the pot noodle grows do a lot better.
Keeping the roots well supplied requires changing the food that's around them regularly. The smaller pot means you get to change the feed around them more often. The risk of over watering is low with coco and lower still with less coco. If the leaves filled up the pots would no longer be water logged. It can't happen unless the pots are too big. I find if a watering can last 72 hours I'm in trouble. A risk I run every time I pot up. So watering them in is a thread of it's own.

pileit

I figure depends on how often someone wants to fertigate. I like smaller pots with frequenter feedings. Seems to keep our plants healthier. We hand feed 10 to 15 gal airpots twice a day in flower if they are mid flower or beyond. Earlier we can get by with once a day. So many growing styles. A friend does 25 gal pots with coco. He vegs a long time. Grows trees. He waters every other day but checks daily. I am always trying new methods. We bought lots of 7.5 gal airpruners and i like those. They are our newest fad. I hope someday to think this is what we are going to do from now on, that never lasts as we are trying to increase yields and searching for the silver bullet.lol.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow 15 gallons? I never used more than 2 gallon cloth pots in my dtw system. Usually 1 gallon pots, 8-16 plants per 4x4 table. Fed usually 2-3 times a day with drippers on timers. Are people seeing more yields with more coco? Sounds like a good side by side is in order...

The more roots...the more fruits!
I been vegging in strait Canna coco 5 gallon for a month to 6 weeks after coming outta a 1 gallon pot.
Then uppot to 10 - 15 gallons for flower.Each girl gets spoiled with their own 4x4 with a 1 k .

They eat like whores , by week 4 I cant get run off even from a 2 gallon feed.....eating me outta house n home

:laughing:

Cuddles

as already mentioned above it depends on the size of the plant. for a little auto a 5-8 liter pot will be just fine.

I tried to grow small autos in (very) small pots with soil and that was a bust. So 1 gal should be minimum for autos imo.

B.T. Herb

big pot mean big plant but, at this point, you'll be better considering how much space you really got for your all plants.IMHO, pot size is not really important since ain't so much space to allocate all the crops. it's more or less an equation, i think.then...
the real point then: is your pot full filled, like this , i mean?
IMG_20210128_092719.jpg
IMG_20210128_092803.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts