What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

to vape or to combust?

D

draco

i got a vape about six weeks ago and i love the thing. haven't smoked a bowl since.
the flavor is subtle and interesting; not at all like combustion...

i am in my 60's and went this way for health reasons. i am starting to notice a difference in the way my lungs feel, and generally i just feel better...

as of right now it seems to me that the only time i will be combusting is when i'm not at home.

this is a big change in my 40+ year smoking habits! my smoking table is clean and orderly- no dirty pipes laying around, no bic lighter, no ash tray! sweet!

any other geezers out there made the switch?

supermanlives

Veteran
not fully. i diversify lol. bong,pipe,joint,vap. i still preferr a joint. i dont ever see myself vaping only. i might change my mind in another 9 years or so

H

hard rain

I got a volcano a couple of months ago and I've hardly smoked since (after 35 years smoking). My lungs also feel much better. I worry less about the smell (I have neighbours close by). The taste is better. I could go on and on about the benefits.

I won't be going back to smoking, accept when I am out. I also have a vapor genie which is portable but really doesn't have as good effect as the volcano so I would prefer to smoke than use it.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Early 50's - I feel maybe mid-30's - not quite a geezer.. Occasionally I feel like one.. haha..

Got my VOLCANO back after a 3 year parting. I LOVE using it, but it does not satisfy like a bong does. I am primarily a Bong Dude - sometimes a pipe - the pipe for the flavour, and a Bong for the buzz. Joints wreak havoc with my throat, but sometimes I smoke 'em.

The Volcano is wonderful, and a great thing to have around. I am using it 50% of the time now, which is a lot more than I used to, when I had it in the past. It IS Easier on the throat, and I am feeling more than ever like I need to stop the smoking.

Sometimes I feel a weird tinge in my throat, and I wonder if all the bonghits over the years have done damage.

I am taking larger tokes of late, getting healthier in the lungs, I guess - on a antioxidant diet lately - and also smoking more bubble hash, which is hard on the lungs, if ya push it too hard.

For most people, the Volcano is as good as Vaporizers get - I'd agree with that. Maybe the only Vape that really gets ya high.. But Most Folks take a few vape hits, and then reach for their joint, or whatever.

justpassnthru

Veteran
Preference: Vape..Cleaner, Less Mess and fuss, as said. Lungs feel better.

I prefer my bong, for a high..if that is what I desire.

When I combust, even with the bong, it is a bit harsh; after using a vape, exclusively. jpt

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got a vape about six weeks ago and i love the thing. haven't smoked a bowl since.
the flavor is subtle and interesting; not at all like combustion...

i am in my 60's and went this way for health reasons. i am starting to notice a difference in the way my lungs feel, and generally i just feel better...

as of right now it seems to me that the only time i will be combusting is when i'm not at home.

this is a big change in my 40+ year smoking habits! my smoking table is clean and orderly- no dirty pipes laying around, no bic lighter, no ash tray! sweet!

any other geezers out there made the switch?

glad for you..

I'm not old though ( 20's ) and love my volcano as it sure doesn't punch the lungs like 'smoking'

also, I use mine in my car, just get a converter that plugs into the cigarette lighter... that is if you can get to your car, or in a place that's possible.. but I just use it before going on any adventure, if I need to refuel, I hit the car again..

scallywag

I'm old enough to post in here now. Christmas baby '72. I made the change to 100% vape a little over a year ago. I did cheat once and hit a one hitter with my brother over Thanksgiving holidays in my parents basement for old time sake. But for the most part I don't go out much so being stealth and mobile is not needed.

Man I feel so much better, not to mention all the crap you don't have to deal with anymore like smell, lighters, dirty smelly bongs etc. I have a Extreme Q with a Aqua-vape water cooler on the whip. This is a pretty sweet setup if you are used to bong hits. This setup is much cheaper than the volcano and i like it better. Never did like the bags.

L

longwaters

Dabs of clean BHO have mostly replaced vaporizing for me. Just let the Titanium cool down untill it stops glowing and you'll have a great vaporization temp that doesn't irritate the lungs.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
with a vape you can consume about 1/3 of what you currently do, which means even an expensive one pays for itself in less than a month.. and you will find that damage to mucous linings is reduced considerably because its vapour and not smoke so less free radicals oxidising your tissues.. sense of taste and smell will improve..

negatives like piel rightly says is the high, because you are only mostly vapourising the contents of the trichomes and therefore not the cell contents you are only getting a certain amount of the plants cannabinoid profile..

if people eat something with ganja butter in and vape the effect is better.. :2cents:

S

staffie111

I love my volcano. Had it for about 5 years and its my main way of smoking. Great for the lungs. I don t cough up tons of phlem every morning like I did when I smoke joints or did bong hits. Buzz wise I think it kicks ass along with great taste. Nothing bad to say about them other then price lol.

growhi

i think a vape is great when you have a full supply , but if i was buying weed instead of growing my own id be smoking it in a bong

best all round high for me on the volcano is filling the chamber the full 1/2 inch packed, and on 7 straight away ....................... the first bag of the day is an intense ride and i just keep gettin higher after that

LeeROI

Smoked for decades, switched to vapes, spent hundreds on assorted models, felt like a vape evangelist, then went back to smoking through water.

Smoking takes me to an extra dimension as well as providing more body.

theJointedOne

Veteran
been just vaping for almost a year now. Arizer Solo is my vape of choice, ive tried a bunch and this one just does it for me.

I do have a joint now and then, probably average 1 joint every couple months..

perhaps I should get a new handle...theVapedOne haha

dddaver

Veteran
I've found some strains are just better when combusted though, the effects only come out by burning. I love my blown glass mini-bong bubbler.

But having said that, vaping is way better health, sanitation, conserving, taste (usually), ... and some other stuff too.

Nunsacred

Vaping is a lifesaver, no less. ;)

I've got Volcano number 004,710. (sticker on base says so)
I've replaced faulty switches on it, otherwise no problems for many years.

can anyone trump that with an earlier one?

paddypooh

Vape

Vape

Got a Volcano Digital and solid valve set.
Love it!
Got another solid valve set and made the custom bag size 2 meters long so 2 people can vape at the same time on each end of the bag. Great for get togethers.
Also it's real nice to have around when your in need of medicine and you only have fresh harvest around. Just turn the vape up high and vape that beautiful fresh bud. Ahhhhh, no more worries just smiles and big grins :D

I don't just vape - I eat cannabis too!:woohoo:

BudToaster

Veteran
i've been vaping since 2000 -- initially for stealth (minimal odor), then for health after i caught asthma and couldn't tolerate smoke anymore.

then it just got weird when i got more than a little obsessed with designing and fabricating a better vape (than what i had) ... but, fortunately, i'm about done and quite satisfied with my latest version.

C

Chamba

I've tried numerous vapes and found all of them give a high that is not as satisfying and lacking the immediate impact of smoking.....one day some one will invent a vape that you can put in a bud and inhale all the THC as fast as and as efficiently as hitting a pipe..I'd buy that vape in an instant.

I'm in my mid fifties and now smoke a lot less than I did in my 20's. 30's and 40's and I appreciate it much more....less is more is so true when it comes to ganja.

and there is a healthy alternative to vaping...dry sift your bud and trim and smoke the resin....this way you have the instant effects, the convenience and a full bodied high you get from burning bud but you are smoking more than 90% less of the tar and other crap that clogs you up in the morning that you get from over-indulging with the Bic and bong.

another good thing about burning a tiny bit of loose dry sifted hash in a pipe is that the smell is 90% less than burning the bud it came from, but of course, vapes win when in comes to smell free cannabis enjoyment.

Latest posts

Latest posts