What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bogglegum Hempy Style under 252w of CFL/PLL's

This is my second grow log I am posting up here. Since the last one I have made some changes to my flower box and this is the first run with the new setup for me. I am no longer flowering in soil, switched to hempy buckets and I added some new lights, total of 6x26w CFLs and 4x24w PLLs. Put a fresh coat of paint on it as well.

Heres a pic with my Bogglegum Mother and the first three clones I took, put them straight into mini-hempy buckets under a dome for humidity.

The clones take about 7 days to root when put straight into the mini hempy buckets, they are made out of the plastic containers applesauce comes in and I just use the same 3 Perlite : 1 Vermiculite mixture in them as my larger hempy's. After they were nice and rooted I transplanted them and vegged for about two weeks, maybe a few days less. Heres what they looked like, about mid jan.

Feeding them Lucas Formula, hand watering every other day or every third day. This is my first time trying Hempy buckets and I am amazed so far, the growth rate is much faster than the same plant did in soil.

This is what they looked like when I turned on all of the lights and flipped the schedule to 12/12 about two weeks after the last pic was taken. You can see one of the clones in the front right there just getting a kick start before getting transplanted, lots more light in that box and the clones seem to like it.

Here is those same three plants, about two weeks later once again(about a week or so ago this pic was taken). They are all flowering nicely, saw all kinds of bud sites popping up by the 10 day mark of 12/12.

Probably will take a few more pics tonight to see how progress of those buds is coming along. Ill keep this thread going till harvest of this round at least, this is going to be a perpetual grow and I am probably going to have to do some experimenting with container sizes and such. Really liking the hempy bucket/lucas formula combo though, easy to use and results are impressing me so far. I have like 6 viable clones that I need to transplant soon and start flowering out as well so those wont be long.

Took a bunch of photos today right before the lights went off, I gave them all a good watering last night right when the lights came on so they were nice and perky.

Budsites are looking great, Bogglegum keeps really nice tight nodes, tons of budsites and really bushy. Love it.

Billy Bones

Nice setup, clean box. I just finished my first indoor grow. Fully organic, under 288 W CFL. If you have the time, try the ScrubNinja light trap. Best air circulation I ever had in my box, which worked together with two 0.40 A computer fans. Keep the good work!

Here are some pics from before the lights went off today, looking really good. This is two full weeks into 12/12.

All three of the big ones:

The tops of all three of those:

Top of one of them, closer up:

W

wiseone

looking real nice there.
Question concerning hemp buckets. Do they have problems with gnats like soil and or coco? Or are they immune to the little sh*%s?

looking real nice there.
Question concerning hemp buckets. Do they have problems with gnats like soil and or coco? Or are they immune to the little sh*%s?

I am not sure about the gnat question as I have never had a problem with gnats before(even in my soil grows). I keep my grow space very clean and I have filters on the intakes so hopefully no little bugs are getting to my plants. I have had some harmless green algae form on the hempys though, nothing to worry about in my opinion though. Toss some fresh perlite on top of it to block the light and let it dry out a little bit and itll clear right up.

hey there... ur garden is looking great so fat. deff wanna see how much herbs u get off them. :D

Me too :). I let these ones veg too long I think so they are a little tall/big for my space but I am hoping to get some good yields from them. I'm going to experiment with some smaller containers and flowering the plants a bit shorter with these next clones I am getting ready.

Kgrow

looking real nice there.

I had huge problems with gnats when I used soil, current grow I went 100% perlite and there is none gnats left =)

hippydan

I'll be watching this one and learning as you go! Looking to buy some Bogglegum seeds for my first grow in hydro, would you recommend them?

I'll be watching this one and learning as you go! Looking to buy some Bogglegum seeds for my first grow in hydro, would you recommend them?

Absolutely recommend Bogglegum, its the best strain I have grown yet. Super fast growing, really hearty, in veg is very low smell and in flowering smell is also still pretty low. The yield is good and the high is wonderful.

In regards to doing bogglegum in hydro, this is my first run doing them in "hydro" in-so-far as hempy buckets are concerned. I am just using Lucas Formula for the nutrients and the plants are loving it, they are growing faster in hydro with Lucas than they ever did before when I was using soil and Foxfarms Trio nutrients. You really cant go wrong with anything from B.O.G.

Heres some more photos from today, before the lights went off.

Top of one:

Little bit lower on that same plant:

Top of a different one:

All three again :):

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow they look really healthy bro. nice work done here.
Ill be watching to see how they turn out yield and tast wise.

1CB:D

Just started seeing the first trichs showing today, day 16 of 12/12. Man these hempy buckets sure drink a lot, thinking about feeding them a little plain water on the days between the nutrient watering's, just to keep them a bit more moist.
Heres all three today:

And a few closer up shots:

All three tucked back in for the night :):

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend. Here is another little update to see how the plants were enjoying their weekend :).
The three main colas/tops:

Some closer up shots:

Everything is looking very good, lower buds are forming nicely, the main cola is filling in quick. If I can get them to form one nice solid 12inch cola from the bottom to the top the yields should be really nice :). Feeding them basically every day now though, very thirsty.

Currently I am planting a few new clones into the flower box in smaller containers and going to try flowering them a bit earlier to try and keep them a bit smaller than these plants. Ill have some pics in a few days of those I am sure.

Chomp

It's amazing sometimes what these plants can do in a couple days....looking really good Dundee...keep it up.

:rasta:Chomp

Same old same old, everything continuing along nicely. Just what I like to see :). Had to give all three of the big plants a little LST today, just tied a string near the base of each and taped it to the side of the containers so they are leaning over a bit. Nothing too extreme, I just wanted to give them another inch or so of space between them and the lights since I think they are almost done stretching, hopefully not much more. Now they can start fattening up and becoming all frosty, not that they aren't a bit frosty already :).

They look like this now with the slight LST, as you can see they are still very close to the lights as that is imperative with CFL growing:

Some closer up shots:

This is all on day 20/21 since the switch to 12/12 lighting.

Latest posts

Latest posts