What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

Dogen

Mugs if you're reading, hopefully you come back to us one day, I know we all have to disappear from time to time, but hope all is good in your parts my friend. View Image

Casey X quick test run from seed. Maternal is casey jones colored cut, paternal is rotten banana from house of love, ecsdurban from dr. poison, or diesel fire from cannaventure... They grow up so fast!

View Image
View Image
View Image

Good vibes all
Those are gorgeous, gonna be some fire in those I'm sure. I'm pretty envious of those HOL RB, all of my Rotten Banana seeds got crushed in the post.

Mugs is fine, he just didn't like the direction management here had been heading and decided to eject. You can find him lurking on at least three other forums that I know of.

Dogen

Anyone still growing out any CJ?

Hell yeah, I'll never go too long without growing some out. Last summer I ran a few of my remaining CJxSB and found a couple of really good males, so I hit up a Glue with some of that pollen (and saved the rest).

I'll be starting a few of the seeds from that in the next week or two, and if all goes well and I get any exceptional males I'm planning to save the pollen to back cross with a Casey in the summer :dance013:

Also in the plans for the near future are a Casey x Durban-Thai cross, just because I saw someone running that on another forum and thought it seemed interesting :yummy:

Dogen

Just curious what phenos u got out of the CJxSB?

I haven't kept track for the most part, as most of my effort has revolved around a specific mother that I found years ago that I've been calling "LouDog's Beast", which was insanely fast growing, branchy af, incredibly frosty, and super fast maturing. It had a mostly Casey smell, but a bit more on the diesel side than the fruity side, with a little burnt rubber thrown in for good measure. Not a huge yielder, but still a fantastic plant overall. Truly excellent for crosses, makes just about anything better.

I've been running seeds from that plant off and on for a few years now, and just recently found a male with the same traits, and tight floral clusters. I haven't had much chance to test his progeny, but you can bet that's on the agenda.

Other than that, I'm not terribly familiar with Sour Bubble, so I couldn't tell you for sure how many phenos lean toward that side, but I'm guessing it's probably more than half of them because I seem to get comparably fewer phenos that seem like they are Casey dominant. When I get one, I always pollinate it, LOL.

Overall, I love CJxSB and am super happy to have been fortunate enough to have had access.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Glad to hear people still rocking these. I tried to pop around 20 of the seeds I had without luck, still got a bunch that I need to give a proper try... Would love to see some pics of your LouDog's Beast if you can share! Those crosses sound nice too! Peace!

Homebrewer

Veteran
My patients still love this Casey Jones from HOL..

picture.php

Dogen

That's a pretty plant... how long does it flower for, round abouts...?

I don't keep careful track of that stuff, for the most part. Usually after the eighth week I just check them every few days and pull them when they are ready, so... I want to say almost ten weeks from the flip? I actually have the grow logs for the first two or three runs on my computer, but I'm on mobile at the moment.