What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many plants per 1000w hps ??

whats up everyone? I was just wondering what would be about the max amount of plants that should be put under a 1000w hps in a sog set up? or about how many sq ft would a 1000w cover? thanks everyone,Mike

highlife4me

It's all a matter of personal preference, but I would say you could cover about a 5*5 space, at 4 plants psf (per square foot), and have up to 100 plants. What strain are you planning on growing? and will it be from clones? if you're growing from seed (which you really shouldn't do for a SOG) you won't be able to do more than 1 plant psf, if that. Good luck, and make sure to keep a live grow journal so we can all watch/help.

I run a 100wHPS on a mover6' My first seed crop i ran about 23, even with the mover and growing them until sex mature( in veg I got a lot of variation and not a uniform canapy. and that's 23 females and one turned herm (damn fem seeds). I was pushing the space for I had a mix of aghani, WYd bubblegum, juliet, and shaman. Still got 2o oz that was seeded quite a bit. I cut clones after sex showed and cut clones during first flower. Got 37 clones(of the seed crop)and 3 golden female skush, It's crowded , but wityh 1 1000w HPS on a mover I can get at min 2lbs,+ in 60 days on a continuous cycle, will cut down number of plants next with select afghani , bubblegum moms, next round. Later

deZerTomB

plants

plants

i think the general rule of thumb is 50w/sf and 1 plant/sf, but it certainly depends on setup.

Latest posts

Latest posts