What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo13...

B

BeAn

This is a thread to document A13 and hybrids of, the ones seen here are F2 from Bro's Grimm stock...they're technically not F2's but an incross of another gen..(Princess AKA cindy, and Genius are sisters i think):chin:

Feel free to post up pics n info if you feel like it, all are welcome.. :lurk:

^^A13 x JacksCleaner x Romulan x C99 x C99 and A13 x Ortega x C99..:D

B

BeAn

About 15 above ground so far...

About 15 above ground so far...

So the plan goes..:

Veg out the A13.
Seperate males n females after sexing.(hoping for atleast 6 decent males, if need be more seeds will be sprouted.)
Put the best girls into a SOG to observe & select the best while keeping the seed plants (or a clone of) outdoors.
Flower out the males outdoors, pollinating every desireable female.

If we happen to find what I consider the perfect expression of A13 from this first selection, then she and her offspring will be used to Bx. Things to look for...:
  • Clear heady high.
  • Strong, sturdy stems.
The most important criteria for desireable traits are already there in the genes, as long as i dont select crap plants or force the line into a genetic bottleneck with low populations and single polen donors, then we cant go really go wrong, after all A11 & A13 are pretty stable in terms of quality across the board anyway. :joint:

(Pics to come shortly..:lurk:)

Should be fun whatever happens, mass respect to the IC crew.... :rasta:

Last edited:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Sounds like you have a good plan BeAn :D Good luck on your grow. If you need any testers :D :D

G

apollo lines are the shizz. hope you find some beautiful keepers in your batch. :rasta:

B

BeAn

Coco, totaly agree...puffing some 3D right now n loving the high, also the A11 we had last year was the bollocks(gonna try some alongside the A13's this spring)...im sure we'll find what we're looking for, theres 'nuff beans in I n I's likkle box. :joint: Thanks man..:respect:

B

BeAn

21 of the beans i planted have grown up, culled a few weak ones already...thats gonna be the deal throughout this project, high selective pressure. Culling the runts, or those that posess negative traits(in this case, weak stems..)..i think is the best way to go about this endevour, in the past ive been reluctant to ditch plants...but now i feel its important.:chin:

KottonMouth, thanks for the encouragement!!:D:yes:

Milo, will be needing testers...not untill late '08, maybe early 2009 as this is going to be done outdoor. Hit me up closer the time, you can see it all unfold here as pro-creation takes place..:lurk:

what's up BeAn? Nice to see you growing the 13. :) i got addicted to an on line game and haven't been here for a couple months.

i'm not sure why you don't think they are F2s. just to clarify. they are F2s from F1 bros grim stock. they breed very true. grow the cindy and cross them when you have the space. :)

i have a few 13s going now along with your LOVELY apollo 11. they are 2 weeks into flower. i'm breeding the two as i didn't get any male apollo 11s. should be an interesting mix of the two.

I'll post some pics next time i'm in the neighborhood. I have to go slay some dragons now. runescape is runeing my life. :)

keep cool my friend!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool photo... reminds us of seed sowing days :D

BeAn said:
So the plan goes..

we got a13 at just past seedling stage from same batch under glass... :yes:

stay frosty and keep us updated man :yes:

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Damn im jealous...sounds like a stellar project.

Much luck on your adventure!

B

BeAn

fatboycantpost said:
what's up BeAn? Nice to see you growing the 13. :) i got addicted to an on line game and haven't been here for a couple months.

i'm not sure why you don't think they are F2s. just to clarify. they are F2s from F1 bros grim stock. they breed very true. grow the cindy and cross them when you have the space. :)

i have a few 13s going now along with your LOVELY apollo 11. they are 2 weeks into flower. i'm breeding the two as i didn't get any male apollo 11s. should be an interesting mix of the two.

I'll post some pics next time i'm in the neighborhood. I have to go slay some dragons now. runescape is runeing my life. :)

keep cool my friend!

Glad your cool man, was waiting for ya to see this thread n chime in. :D

The reason i dont think they are F2's, is because they werent F1's to start off with...if what ive read is correct, then they(Genius n Princess) are from the same JackHerer bagseed, which makes A13/A11 a Bx'd in-cross which would explain the lack of variation?:chin:

Cant wait to see the A13/11 cross, should be a stable line with the parents being so closely related..:D

Good luck with the dragons! :joint:

Docleaf, wicked shit man...looking forward to seeing them grow up! :joint:

9Lives, thanks man...tag along, will be needing testers..:D

Gonna re-pot the A13's before i fly to Egypt tonight, they need watering daily at the mo, the EWC/Perlite drys out hella fast...just hoping the soil i got to hand aint to hot..:smile:

AlterEcho

I have been growing Apollo 11 Genius, for a while. I was going to post pics but wasn't sure if that was appropriate, in this thread. Let me know and I will post some pics......

-=AE=-

dogsnob

ive growen the apollo 11 and 13 lines for years i got the original stock from bro grimm when they were in bussiness still have there original a13 in clone form and a11 plus have a11 and c99 in original seed left you will be in for a great many years to come with these strains as there one of the best ive ever had buy far great stuff bean love it mate

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
dogsnob said:
ive growen the apollo 11 and 13 lines for years i got the original stock from bro grimm when they were in bussiness still have there original a13 in clone form and a11 plus have a11 and c99 in original seed left you will be in for a great many years to come with these strains as there one of the best ive ever had buy far great stuff bean love it mate
you think so?

i couldnt be more disapointed with my A11.
has to be one of the worst strains ive ever grown.
non existant high, regardless of trich coverage...
took forever, like 14+ weeks.. didnt even smell good. like a mix of carboard and butter.
i could have had a wack pheno though.

your seedlings do look happy, best of luck :wave:

AlterEcho

DIGITALHIPPY said:
you think so?

i couldnt be more disapointed with my A11.
has to be one of the worst strains ive ever grown.
non existant high, regardless of trich coverage...
took forever, like 14+ weeks.. didnt even smell good. like a mix of carboard and butter.
i could have had a wack pheno though.

your seedlings do look happy, best of luck :wave:

That is a shame.....I have harvested as early as 45 days (bit early...) but usually run about 50-55 days. Huge lemony scent and great smell after cure. I couldn't have been more pleased. Sorry to hear you got a bad pheno.

-=AE=-