What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Is anybody growing organic soil anymore? If not, what is the trend?
Burn1

P.S. I'm an old head with no way to grow and no connections. It ain't like it used to be, I'm in my 60;s and don't know how to hook up anymore.
I'm not asking for anything except how is anyone growing in organic soil anymore.
Peace!
Burn1
I’m still using subs supersoil recipe…a few mild modifications over there years. But pretty much subs recipe

I do want to give them a tea.

How about this:

Compost
Ewc
Seabird high P guano
Blackstrap molasses

All ingredients in some panty hose. Bubble for 24 hours in five gallon bucket. Use immeditaely

Does that sound right? It’ll be my first ibe

Can I dump the remains of the pantyhose as a top dress?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Burn1

P.S. I'm an old head with no way to grow and no connections. It ain't like it used to be, I'm in my 60;s and don't know how to hook up anymore.
I'm not asking for anything except how is anyone growing in organic soil anymore.
Peace!
Burn1
still organic here, did the the guano teas from here for YEARS, now I do living soils no till , organic for life. Ive sent sooo many ppl to this thread over the years.

Ttutorial

Hey :)
I do wanna use the first time this specific recipe:
70 % Coco
30 % Worm castings

and
50 % Coco
30 % Worm castings
20% Perlite

At the beginning, the first few weeks i dont wanna feed them, i just give them a little bit of a specific fertilzer that i put into the medium and then just water only.

Is there any tip u do have for me? And my question, do i really have to adjust the PH?
I see everyone in peat is doing that, i do have a ph of 7.8 and ive never adjusted the ph and i had never any problem relatate to my ph. but that is coco, so what do u think?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Ditto! in 3 gallon home made 4 dollar Sips, I do compost tea once a week! down to earth! top dress every other, been working fine! nuttin buy water after 6th week of flower!
Tell me more about your flowering teas? What all goes in to them? How lung do you bubble? Do you use a strainer for the amendments? Do you too dress with the used input after watering?

BigGPop

Tell me more about your flowering teas? What all goes in to them? How lung do you bubble? Do you use a strainer for the amendments? Do you too dress with the used input after watering?
Your plants look awesome by the way!

My teas will vary depending what i have available, my last tea consisted of

(in a paint strainer bag,)
I put left over crap into a compost bin. some may top dress with it i do not.

1 cup ewc
5tble blackstrap molasses
1/3 c mushroom compost (optional)
1/4 c kelp
1/4 c bone meal
1/4 c bat guano high phosphorus
1/4 c seabird guano
1/4 c oyster shell
1/4 c langbenite

I only bubble 24 hours, and i will usualy cut mine 50% idk why i just do, with dechlorinated water, i did not use too, I do now. I try to add mine slowly as possible, hopeing not to get much in my reservoirs, (because I grow in 3 gallon siping pots) I ph before i add it, I did not use too. but i do now : ) some say you dont have too. I been useing down to earth products, I also take those ammendments, and use as a top dressing, when i dont feel like making teas, there are tons of recipes all over, , study and experiment, or just buy gai green and build a soil, mixes ready to go! oh get a good strong pump!

theBeaver

Burn1

Peace!
Burn1

I am trying to do organic growing. I wish I had discovered this thread years ago. Many thanks and much respect for to you, @BurnOne, for starting this thread and for all the knowledge you have have shared!

Samuel Caldwell

Burn1

Peace!
Burn1
Yep, I'm an old head, too, and I only grow organic. In fact, I bought ingredients today to mix up another batch. I'm setting up 3 new 20G fabric pots for my flower room. No till, living soil - I've been doing it for years. Feed the soil.

No idea what the trend is. Probably lots of chems, same as commercial farming. I only grow for my wife and myself and we prefer natural.

Latest posts

Latest posts