What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 1/2 year cured AK48 and NL x BB - my first smoke in 3 years

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I hope I have that problem one day. I can find some stored jars of some strains I grew a few years back. That's awesome you kept a stash that long. Most people couldn't.

S

sow the seeds

Man that is awesome. That must be some tasssty stuff!

I wish I could hang onto bud for longer than 2 weeks for it to cure! Lucky man!:joint:

G

omg!

omg!

That is unbelievable!
I wish me had that kind of disclipine :joint:

G

i'm smoking some 18 month old now.

i just pinch some from the bag, grind it between my thumb and index finger and it nearly powders into the pipe.

taste is nothing special, nor is the high... course it is just bagweed. but, i was just happy that it didnt go bad or anything.

i've been out of the scene so long i dont know where to begin to get weed again lol, it's grow it or nothing for me it seems.

G

Killer smoke report, I'll try an use yours for sort of a format for future smoke reports I do. thanks I've never waited even close to that long, I do agree though... the longer the cure, the smoother the smoke. Peace vintage smoke for sure!!!

Last edited:

R00th4x0r

thanks guys, K+ backatcha (is K+ the same thing here on IC? :) )

I had a bit of a bad reaction days afterwards (panic/anxiety) so I've got keep it few and far between my smokes which is a real shame.

don't worry, I'll still be trying the NLxBB some time soon :)

glad to hear there's other people who enjoy the long cures, and even if you cant - enjoy your smoke all the same when you got it!

rusto

Beast

citrus trainwreck

smells like lemon cleaning spray

fuck i just realized this is in the wrong thread, whatever.

Last edited:
So how long should the cure be for the best weed that the weed can be? does 5 years make it even better? or is there a time frame when it finally is as cured as it can be?

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
WeekendSmoker said:
So how long should the cure be for the best weed that the weed can be? does 5 years make it even better? or is there a time frame when it finally is as cured as it can be?
after 6 months i think you dont notice anything no matter how much longer it goes. It only takes a certain amount of time for the chemicals to break down. then nothing else is to be had from curing it longer. Then again, I am sure each type of weed takes certain amounts of time of curing. I never have my stuff long enough to let it cure long term.

R

Reinhold

Big Bud Bear said:
after 6 months i think you dont notice anything no matter how much longer it goes. It only takes a certain amount of time for the chemicals to break down. then nothing else is to be had from curing it longer. Then again, I am sure each type of weed takes certain amounts of time of curing. I never have my stuff long enough to let it cure long term.
lol how true is that, I have a hard time giving them a 2 week cure...a six month cure shit....a 3 1/2 yyear cure holy shit...Honestly though from what I know and have heard there is a certain point that curing wont go any further and can actually decrease in potentsy.

ive kept bud for 2 years and counting, its still in my stash jar, strangely enough in the past month or two ive noticed a drop in potency, but prior to that, it was damn fucking potent (there was a drop in potency from the first time i smoked it the two years ago, but it wasnt a huge drop), and the taste was just incredible, the smoke soo smooth and delicious

Last edited:

Fingers

dunno about long term storage.

Anything over a few weeks and i'm a little displeased. I'd go a few months old, but if it gets into the yrs, no thanks.

I just like my erbs freshhhhhh i guess :)

:wave: my 2 cents

Fingers :joint:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Anything after 8-12 months you will begin to lose potency. I find that a 3 months cure is when the buds are as smooth as they will get and the potency is the greatest. When you put those nugs in the jars there should still be SOME moisture. That is what breaks down acids into sugars and makes the herb taste better. Then, you want to continue to cure until ALL moisture is removed. That is what makes EVERY trichrome active (when it has no moisture in it) and potency is at it's GREATEST. Everyone can agree that cured bud is more potent and has a smoother smoke correct?

RooR HeaD

honestly guys ive had certain strands in my stash that ive had for years and that shit is just as good as it gets. i mean the taste the high the smell is just amazing check out my gallery alot of the weed in there is a year old or older but their are a few pic that the shit is newer. but when you look u can tell which ones are older and which ones are a litle newer. but great thread you got here.

This shit is a couple years old and it looks better now then when i bought it so to those who think six months is enough im telling you guys just put a bowl pack aside for a year and take it out and smoke it and you will understand what i mean.

Last edited: