What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

J

jaded1

It's def bright enough to cover the 70/70 space I've got it in for flower,maybe even a tiny bit bigger.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Looking good and healthy, recovered fast from the topping and lots of new growth in the last few days... definitely time to flip.
Did a small amount of defoliation to let the shoots see the light, but the penetration is good so the lowers seem to be getting brightness still.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I

izzypog

I started with LED's, I still have and use them. They are meizhi 1200's, actual watts is somewhere in the 550 watt range, I have been using them for about four years. Anyways, my point is that you should be able to get decent yields comparable to HID or ect..

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I started with LED's, I still have and use them. They are meizhi 1200's, actual watts is somewhere in the 550 watt range, I have been using them for about four years. Anyways, my point is that you should be able to get decent yields comparable to HID or ect..

Thanks mate, that’s very reassuring to hear. I’ve been on the hps train about 30-ish years now so it’s a big leap for me :tiphat:

I

izzypog

Thanks mate, that’s very reassuring to hear. I’ve been on the hps train about 30-ish years now so it’s a big leap for me :tiphat:
When I first started growing I was going with T-5"s, that did not work out, I bought some LED's and I have never looked back. I like them for the ease of repair as well, not that you will ever need it, if you do the soldering is your friend.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
When I first started growing I was going with T-5"s, that did not work out, I bought some LED's and I have never looked back. I like them for the ease of repair as well, not that you will ever need it, if you do the soldering is your friend.

I’ve always used hps, and it did me well... the magnetic ballasts seem to last forever. Digital ones however seem to pop relatively quickly, and apparently are not repair friendly.
I have a good friend who has electrical training, so it’s good to hear repairs are possible, if needed.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'm relatively new to the idea of Led's.I am going to do a tent this year that is 4x4 in size.I wonder if 2 of these side by side on a light mover would be effective.I don't see why not.I assume that these are much lighter than a typical HID hood?

I know that Led's are supposed to run much cooler that HID lighting,.Has this been your experience thus far mr.b?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I'm relatively new to the idea of Led's.I am going to do a tent this year that is 4x4 in size.I wonder if 2 of these side by side on a light mover would be effective.I don't see why not.I assume that these are much lighter than a typical HID hood?

I know that Led's are supposed to run much cooler that HID lighting,.Has this been your experience thus far mr.b?

Hello mate, thanks for dropping by
This is my first run with led so very new to me also. They are definitely much lower heat output than sodium... I imagine that’s what makes them more efficient.
They are nice and lightweight so easy to hang, and I managed it without much swearing :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
how close you think you can get plants to this led?

I think pretty close.. although you lose some of the outer edge if it goes in too far. I’ll measure how close I have it tomorrow, and have a try and see what the ‘best’ distance in my space is..: I’ll report back :tiphat:

J

jaded1

I've got mine about 2 1/2ft from tops of plants and while growing vigorously the node spacings are still to tight.All plants are putting out their 5th node in a little over 2 weeks from breaking the soil but are no taller than 4"!