What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican strain identification

sinaloa

Veteran
Veo que respondiste mi pregunta.
¿Qué opinas de mis plantas? cuanto tiempo para cosechar?
[FONT=&quot]Perdonen mi español.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gracias Amigo,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dios bendiga, la paz[/FONT]

no worry for you spanish

me gusta el porte de tu monkey friend

las plantas de las fotos que subi, la chapita de michoacan por ejemplo, 12 semanas de semilla a cosecha un poco mas,

I like the size of your monkey friend

the plants of the photos I uploaded, the capita of michoacan for example, 12 weeks of seed to harvest a little more,:biggrin:

regards

sinaloa

SolarLogos

Update and smoke report

Update and smoke report

All plants hermied, most just developing banana's in late flower. Only 1 plant had a few seeds, not many. Most the banana's I found were dry. Nonetheless, they all produced nice size flowers, except one. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow. Wide leaf, compact buds, but the high is quite unique and very, very sativa!
I still have about 75 seeds, but the chances of finding parents that could pass the stress tests are pretty slim. I would still grow them again, under the proper season maybe, I'm not sure wen but they are going in the new preservation fridge.
Smoke report: I made bubble hash so I don't have to deal with trimming those wild plants. This plant smelled really a sweet floral and that was about it, kind of like a fresh rose. I took a nice hit in the bong and it comes on pretty quick in between the eyes. Very cerebral and happy. Second hit hits just as quick and very noticeably. This would be a very comfortable way to go about business maintaining well. Three hits and it's not slowing down, I'm pretty high at this point. I have the giggles really bad at this point and I'm as happy as I've felt from a great cerebral high in a long time. After about 20 minutes, and a few hits more, I notice something new. First, it's REALLY climbing. This is getting very intense. I haven't been this high in a very long time, at least this kind of really all cerebral kind of high. There seems to be two competing things going on here. One is trying to take me that really high and far out, trippy place and there is a lot of agitation physically going on, but I control it. On the other hand, is this dreamy, really dreamy and somewhat spacey high and overwhelming urge to laugh for no reason, which does dominate and over power the agitation part, for about 45 minutes to an hour. Then the giggly and spacey part subsides so now it just that all up high, but with slightly less agitation by now, so it's the perfect time to stop spacing out and go out to explore the garden. Every detail is noticeable and I trip in my own little world for the next couple more hours. Total duration is about 4 hours and you feel fairly normal, but the pressure behind the eyes continues to remind you that the effects must still be present to some extent.

Thanks again for everyone's interest in this little project. I will post some pictures tomorrow and wrap this up.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I want to start wrapping this up. First, I really want to thank Dubi for letting me use this forum, even though it was not the correct place for it. I later found the right forum where it should have been (I've recently found time to explore IC more).
Regarding the effects. After posting last night, about 6:30 pm, I took 2 more hits and wasn't able to sleep until 2am, just could not shut it down, or my mind. I guess it has a lot more legs to it than initially thought. It's fun but not what I am looking for, but certainly worth going to from time to time. It's just a little too complex and somewhat muddy, not as clear a cerebral high as I like. I'm pretty sure I will find what I am looking for in the Ace line up I have going this OD season.

Plants are starting to go into veg so I am taking them. For the most part, I think they are about ready anyways, the calyxes have been swollen pretty huge for the past two weeks, I've found mature mottled seeds, even though the hairs on the lower flowers are still less than half white.
Most had compact colas, and with the exception of the one wild plant that was over branchy, the others didn't branch except where I pinched them. They all had colas, but two golf ball size buds on each side of the stalk, no real stem, with medium internode length, much like one of my Malawi's.
The one with the long narrower leaves and purple coloring, produced very little bud. Lots of bud sites, but almost like a single foxtail (not really a foxtail) coming out of each leaf node on the stalks.

I only have one plant left that resembles the others:

Her and one other is clearly mint and eucalyptus. It will be interesting to see how the others feel and taste.

Here is an example of the two extremes, a cleaned up branch of each of the two plants:

Again, thank you very kindly Dubi, I really appreciate it very much. I will give another smoke report or two when I get to try the others. Thanks to everyone who gave input and who showed interest, or just clicked here on accident.
Sinaloa my friend, we will keep in touch and I will continue to be enjoying all your outstanding grows.
Peace, God bless

Hookahhead

Hey there SolarLogos, thanks for documenting your plants! I was pointed to this thread by therevverend in my thread about "monkey shit". Everyone that I've talked to assures me that the stuff here is Jamaican in origin. That being said, I have encountered higher quality Mexican herb here too. These buds are much better quality in every way. I found and grew a few seeds from the Mexican. These had the amazing lemon lime smell sinola discussed. Mine also through nanners, though only a few seeds actually developed. I'm anxious to pop some more of the Mexican beans next round.

picture.php

I enjoy reading both your and sinolas posts, in this thread and others. Take care both of you!

SolarLogos

Hey there SolarLogos, thanks for documenting your plants! I was pointed to this thread by therevverend in my thread about "monkey shit". Everyone that I've talked to assures me that the stuff here is Jamaican in origin. That being said, I have encountered higher quality Mexican herb here too. These buds are much better quality in every way. I found and grew a few seeds from the Mexican. These had the amazing lemon lime smell sinola discussed. Mine also through nanners, though only a few seeds actually developed. I'm anxious to pop some more of the Mexican beans next round.

View Image

I enjoy reading both your and sinolas posts, in this thread and others. Take care both of you!
Your plants look familiar! Thanks for posting. I went to your thread and that is a lovely lady wearing all pink pistils. I had a couple with pink pistils. The one with the most purplish pistils smelled of camphor with a hint of mint in the background. Very strong, in fact, so much like camphor that if your eyes were closed, you would have no idea you were smelling cannabis. My favorite are the ones that are more woody and has that old familiar Mexican brick weed smell. BTW, the flowers I bought in Mexico where I sourced these seeds were green bud, not bricked at all. The only problem with trying to smoke the weed when I was in Nuevo Villarta was the humidity. You almost have to have a pipe or bong to smoke it as the humidity is so high, it's next to impossible to smoke joints.
I will be following your thread. Your plants look much better than mine. I'm still going to grow it again, but this year and probably next are pretty full. Like you, I got a few nanners and only a few seeds, hardly any. Definitely worth growing again.
Have you tried growing any of the brick weed seeds? I know you said it was low quality and possibly from Jamaica, but maybe you can do a better job.
Thanks a bunch for stopping by my friend. I like your bike, cool ride for cruising around C. America.

Peace, God bless

Hookahhead

Hey buddy, sorry if my post was a little confusing. The monkey shit that I am refering to in my thread is the Jamaican brick weed. I think they call it that because monkey (cappuchin) poop is often full of seeds. Also the low quality lends to the funny moniker. Most of my pictures here on ICmag come from the Jamaican brick seeds. Here is a link to some of the plabts that have come from those seeds.

The top that I posted in this thread came from seeds I found in "Mexican sativa". They were nice buds, compressed but not bricked. Similar to when someone over vaccums a pound. I think found 6 giant seeds in a half oz. only 3 germinated, 2 were female and 1 male. I killed the male. One female started to get bud rot, so she got chopped early at 6 weeks. It is actually good quality smoke and has the most amazing sweet lime smell, Im really sad I don't have a clone, it's something I definitely want to find again. The second plant grew a good bit bigger, and is the one pictured. Great bud formation, but was lacking in smell. This one self seeded maybe 2-3 seeds. I'll get to popping those soon, I'll start a thread when I do.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Hey buddy, sorry if my post was a little confusing. The monkey shit that I am refering to in my thread is the Jamaican brick weed. I think they call it that because monkey (cappuchin) poop is often full of seeds. Also the low quality lends to the funny moniker. Most of my pictures here on ICmag come from the Jamaican brick seeds. Here is a link to some of the plabts that have come from those seeds.

The top that I posted in this thread came from seeds I found in "Mexican sativa". They were nice buds, compressed but not bricked. Similar to when someone over vaccums a pound. I think found 6 giant seeds in a half oz. only 3 germinated, 2 were female and 1 male. I killed the male. One female started to get bud rot, so she got chopped early at 6 weeks. It is actually good quality smoke and has the most amazing sweet lime smell, Im really sad I don't have a clone, it's something I definitely want to find again. The second plant grew a good bit bigger, and is the one pictured. Great bud formation, but was lacking in smell. This one self seeded maybe 2-3 seeds. I'll get to popping those soon, I'll start a thread when I do.
Thanks for that information. I purchased from 4 guys when I was in Mexico, but they said it was all the same and they called it MonkeyShit. That was what the locals there called it.
I too had a candy lemon-lime pheno. I also have a strong eucalyptus pheno. Every plant is different, so many phenotypes. Also, mine were pretty wild, overly branchy, one had giant calyxes, but hardly any real bud mass. Others put out nice bud and your right, the smoke is very good. I do like the woody tasting phenos better, more intense high. Did you find any huge seeds or have any huge fan leaves when they were smaller?
Peace, God bless