What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mexican strain identification

YukonKronic

They do sound like they have some traits oft found in landrace ibls... I'm thinking some mix of feral and modern genetics but it's pretty hard to say without large scale comparisons to like every different cannabis producing area in Mexico or genetic testing... I would work towards eliminating herms while preserving a wide range of phenotypes AND chemo types (they're not always coincidental) then select from those seeds towards your desired goals... you might find it's more work than it's worth.. an outcross to something very stable and then back crosses to your desired individual may yield faster results..

I can't help wonder if someone in the jungle wanted to make their patch of Feral hermaphroditic landrace space bud into a commercial thing by creating hybrids but then gave up because there was too much feral pollen polluting their selection efforts... or maybe they didn't have a clue beyond smashing plants and it went from there...

YukonKronic

Or the hybrids worked as F1 mostly but the seeds your getting from the bag are F2 and showing recessive gene combinations out the ass... hmmmm

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Reeferman's Black Seed

picture.php

Astur Jaya Mexicana

picture.php

sinaloa

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79250&pictureid=1927384View Image
This one stretched forever. Hope it is finally done!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79250&pictureid=1927385View Image
Some early sugar on top.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79250&pictureid=1927383View Image
I'll try to get some more picks up in a week or two when the flowers start to take more shape.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless[/quote]

hi friend Solarlogos:biggrin:
I think this line monkey shit is very interesting
and as dubi told you, it's not from the old, long, tuned lines,
It has a lot of similarity with some lines that I have,
that are faster hybrids,
and now almost more hybrids, are those found in the Mexican sierras,
they are still long old, but very few for the duration of their flowering,
I find him a lot like the monkey with the chihuahua stone,
the 50 caliber,
and some more that are hybrids

How much is the flora of the monkey?

regards

sinaloa

SolarLogos

View Image
This one stretched forever. Hope it is finally done!

View Image
Some early sugar on top.

View Image
I'll try to get some more picks up in a week or two when the flowers start to take more shape.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

hi friend Solarlogos:biggrin:
I think this line monkey shit is very interesting
and as dubi told you, it's not from the old, long, tuned lines,
It has a lot of similarity with some lines that I have,
that are faster hybrids,
and now almost more hybrids, are those found in the Mexican sierras,
they are still long old, but very few for the duration of their flowering,
I find him a lot like the monkey with the chihuahua stone,
the 50 caliber,
and some more that are hybrids

How much is the flora of the monkey?

regards

sinaloa[/quote]
Greetings Sinaloa and thank you for stopping by. The various expressions are all over the place with regard to leaf appearance, colors, smells, structure, etc. Most of the flowers are made up of foxtail looking buds, but not so much spiralling. Between each leaf node, there is a foxtail that sticks out the side, making up the flower. The foxtails are huge, so are the calyxes with foxtails ranging from the diameter of a dime to a penny, but the stems are also large in diameter. Some flowers are more spread out showing this and others are more compact and with the wide leaves, makes it a pretty compact flower. Others are more stretchy and you can see into the flower clearly.
The smells have evolved from very stinky to mostly sweet fruity smells. One has continued to smell like candy lemon lime and now has added a little mint to her profile. A couple others smell like fruity pebbles or fruit loop cereal and another like fruit gum (juicy fruit) with a slight pine scent. One

One has purple hairs and the rest have hairs that are orange and two have new calyxes and pistils popping out everywhere (only a few hairs had turned dark orange on these two, most pistils are still are white). Four have hermied halfway through flowering, leaving me with only 5 females. I still have plenty of seeds if I want to explore these more.

Thanks again for stopping by my friend. I hope I answered your question. I appreciate your help in figuring these out.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Reeferman's Black Seed

View Image

Astur Jaya Mexicana

View Image
The bottom leaf on the second picture looks a lot like some of the older shade leaves, but too much dark purple. Are you growing these now? Do you have any pictures of them in flower? There is no telling what is in this strain, but the description of yours from RM looks and sounds great.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

sinaloa

Veteran
sinaloa[/quote]
Greetings Sinaloa and thank you for stopping by. The various expressions are all over the place with regard to leaf appearance, colors, smells, structure, etc. Most of the flowers are made up of foxtail looking buds, but not so much spiralling. Between each leaf node, there is a foxtail that sticks out the side, making up the flower. The foxtails are huge, so are the calyxes with foxtails ranging from the diameter of a dime to a penny, but the stems are also large in diameter. Some flowers are more spread out showing this and others are more compact and with the wide leaves, makes it a pretty compact flower. Others are more stretchy and you can see into the flower clearly.
The smells have evolved from very stinky to mostly sweet fruity smells. One has continued to smell like candy lemon lime and now has added a little mint to her profile. A couple others smell like fruity pebbles or fruit loop cereal and another like fruit gum (juicy fruit) with a slight pine scent. One

One has purple hairs and the rest have hairs that are orange and two have new calyxes and pistils popping out everywhere (only a few hairs had turned dark orange on these two, most pistils are still are white). Four have hermied halfway through flowering, leaving me with only 5 females. I still have plenty of seeds if I want to explore these more.

Thanks again for stopping by my friend. I hope I answered your question. I appreciate your help in figuring these out.
Peace, God bless[/quote]

the welcome friend
I smelled the smells very familiar.
lemon lime, my favorite smell
Being a fox tail type, it's very good
purple hairs I like
I upload some photos of plantings of Mexican hybrids
to see if you like them

Attachments

• 270820141659.jpg
    270820141659.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 270820141660.jpg
    270820141660.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 180820141582.jpg
    180820141582.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 180820141594.jpg
    180820141594.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 190820141608.jpg
    190820141608.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 40

SolarLogos

Peace, God bless[/quote]

the welcome friend
I smelled the smells very familiar.
lemon lime, my favorite smell
Being a fox tail type, it's very good
purple hairs I like
I upload some photos of plantings of Mexican hybrids
to see if you like them[/quote]

Thank you Sinaloa. Those plants look pretty spot on with mine; I'm sure there is at least some relationship between the two. A close up of some flowers could give some closer confirmation, but those look almost like copies of mine. I am drying the hermies as they were pretty resinous and then I plan to run them through the bubble bags. I cut and trimmed a couple buds, so I will take some pics and post them a little later. Thanks again for posting those pics, very helpful.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Sinaloa,
Can you tell me anything about the strain in those pictures? I'm really thinking more and more you nailed it. I think they may be the same. Thanks again my friend.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Sinaloa,
My apologies my friend, I did not answer your question. The pictures are 12 weeks since changing the light cycle to flower, however, they did not show any sex for the first 5 to 5.5 weeks into flower and stretch. Thanks again very much.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I pulled two buds from two plants that hermied. One on the left is very immature after being trimmed down, the one on the right is typical of the two plants I have left that have the tight flowers and looks like the weed I got in Mexico.

Peace, God bless

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The bottom leaf on the second picture looks a lot like some of the older shade leaves, but too much dark purple. Are you growing these now? Do you have any pictures of them in flower? There is no telling what is in this strain, but the description of yours from RM looks and sounds great.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Lost some pics and at the time during flowering time seeded buds were stolen, especially with the dark purple stem.
DJ Short had an dark stem Oaxacan too from which he created later the Purple Thai.
This was in the greenhouse.

picture.php

sinaloa

Veteran
Sinaloa,
Can you tell me anything about the strain in those pictures? I'm really thinking more and more you nailed it. I think they may be the same. Thanks again my friend.
Peace, God bless

hi friend

the strains the pictures , the chapita de michoacan and arizona
they look a lot like

They are hybrids created here in the sierra de durango mexico,
they are crusades between ancient Mexicans and fast indicas,
to shorten the flowering time

Last edited:

sinaloa

Veteran
Sinaloa,
My apologies my friend, I did not answer your question. The pictures are 12 weeks since changing the light cycle to flower, however, they did not show any sex for the first 5 to 5.5 weeks into flower and stretch. Thanks again very much.
Peace, God bless

hi friend

I like the time of flora,12 weeks
here in mexico as always we are 12/12 hours
they are harvested faster

SolarLogos

hi friend

I like the time of flora,12 weeks
here in mexico as always we are 12/12 hours
they are harvested faster
Good morning my friend! It's always good to hear from you and I hope all is well with you and yours. I have seen your grows that you posted, much respect my friend, much respect! Digging, planting, watering that much by hand and using pack mules while the feds are spraying in helicopters near-by. You are very dedicated my friend, Salud!
Mine are in week 12, but they still are not finished yet. Some seem to be getting close, but one is still very far off. I assume the one's that are close are the indica dominant and the one that has a long ways to go (the one with the longer narrower leafs) has to be sativa dominant.
Have a beautiful day Sinaloa,
Peace, God Bless

SolarLogos

I love the leaves on this plant, to me they are beautiful, the shape, color, deep jagged edges and the purple travels up the fingers. The outer edges are turning purple around the tips, some more than others.
Does this look familiar Sinaloa?
Also, she is one of 3 left, the other 6 hermied.

Peace, God bless

sinaloa

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79250&pictureid=1935004View Image
I love the leaves on this plant, to me they are beautiful, the shape, color, deep jagged edges and the purple travels up the fingers. The outer edges are turning purple around the tips, some more than others.
Does this look familiar Sinaloa?
Also, she is one of 3 left, the other 6 hermied.

Peace, God bless

hi friend

yes this look It is familiar to me
the others pictures friend

to see if you like them

regards sinaloa

Attachments

• 180820141584.jpg
    180820141584.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 190820141604.jpg
    190820141604.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 39

SolarLogos

hi friend

yes this look It is familiar to me
the others pictures friend

to see if you like them

regards sinaloa
Those are beautiful plants. They really love that native soil. Do you know what strains are in those hybrids?
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

hi friend

the strains the pictures , the chapita de michoacan and arizona
they look a lot like

They are hybrids created here in the sierra de durango mexico,
they are crusades between ancient Mexicans and fast indicas,
to shorten the flowering time

Veo que respondiste mi pregunta.
¿Qué opinas de mis plantas? cuanto tiempo para cosechar?
[FONT=&quot]Perdonen mi español.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gracias Amigo,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dios bendiga, la paz[/FONT]