What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Q&A Cuttings & Propagation

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not even sure too much water is harmful. After all, people root clones straight in water. I think it's the bacterial slime building up with systems like rockwool cubes that give people trouble and make them think to get more sterile. I've noticed that it's generally the slower rooting clones that are more likely to get stem rot. By slow, I mean anything that takes more than 5-7 days. When a cut roots fast, it basically outgrows any bacteria growing. One thing that helps is to open the dome every day and move each cube over to a new spot while breathing plenty of CO2 on them (well, maybe you can omit the breathing part ;) ). Also, transfer everyone to another dome and scrub the bottom tray of the dome weekly. Cleanliness is important, but no need for bleach or hydrogen peroxide IMO.

methias

OK,
Pics.
This is what is currently happening in the clone box. A Sour Kosher (center cups on top), a VOG (center front left) , two buckets (running) and rooted clones in the cups.
A buddy let me have the four bottom branches (he was planning to trim anyway) off his Cheese. Each was around 30 inches long. I set to cutting those up into sections with growth and nodules and soaking in a pitcher of clonex.
I had already cleaned both buckets and PH'ed 2 gallons of water that I left in the sun for a while to knock out the chlorine.

Here are some shots as rooting commences within the bucket.

little nubs take a while to start (10 days or so)

As you can see I used even the long lanky pieces. As long as it has both growth and nodules, it'll take.

Lastly, I was having trouble getting from bucket to soil for a bit. A friend turned me on to these little (peat?) cylinders for seed starting. I cut it open (like a hot dog bun) and slip the roots inside. Then I plant her in her first cup of soil. The peat gives the roots room to grow before hitting the nutes in the soil.

It's good to be able to finally return the favors of others who handed down their clone overflows and have kept me up and running for years.

Also I would like to thank all you ICmag people out there for this gathering and sharing of knowledge.
Many plants have survived to harvest that without icmag would have just been rotting infested compost. And that's just the ones I grew.

Vape on :tiphat:

methias

I'm not even sure too much water is harmful. After all, people root clones straight in water. I think it's the bacterial slime building up with systems like rockwool cubes that give people-------------, transfer everyone to another dome and scrub the bottom tray of the dome weekly. Cleanliness is important, but no need for bleach or hydrogen peroxide IMO.

When I clean my buckets and pumps between batches I do use bleach. Afterwards I dry them and leave it in the sunshine for a day to evaporate off the residual chlorine.
During a batch I replace the water every week but only deep clean once the batch is done.

:ying:

methias

Successful cloning run.

Successful cloning run.

Good day people,
Last night I put the last cutting from the bucket into soil.
In the cups I have 12 Cheeses rooted well, and one Sour Kosher that I am having trouble getting going.
In the gallon pots I have three Venom OG and one cheese that I may make a mom.
My cupboard runneth over.

July 12 (I gave the Sour Kosher {large pot } to a friend)

Done with the buckets (for now).

I'll be giving away most of the cheese to those who gave me clones or assistance. :tiphat:
Payback ain't always a bitch.:biggrin:

Vape on.
:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts