What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sudden plant death?

wdcf

Never seen this before...

Growing bag seed under T5s. One or two plants per 1 gallon bag. 12/12 from seed. A few of the plants started to die during the 4-5 week of flowering. As you can see two plants in this bag, same strain one died. Other plants, one per bag also did the same.

I haven't used any fertilizer, so I'm assuming that couldn't be the case, however the soil I'm using does come with a bit - Miracle Grow Water retention.

I just moved to Florida and am wondering if it has to do with heat or humidity... thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Side View
    Side View
    64 KB · Views: 23

w3rds

guessing the living plants root system won out between the two of them. Ive seen symbiotic systems with 2 plants in a pot and Ive seen "twin absorption" between plants, where one just eats up all nutrients and the other shrivels from it.

wdcf

Fungus gnats in the house? Or maybe overwatering/underwatering?

I thought overwatering may be the culprit, but it's hard to believe when a similar size plant in the same container is doing fine???

No Fungus gnats here.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
I thought overwatering may be the culprit, but it's hard to believe when a similar size plant in the same container is doing fine???

No Fungus gnats here.

Just make sure the surface is always dry and the pots are lightweight before you water again! Every plant reacts differently, so one can take it, but the other won't.

Slabs

guessing the living plants root system won out between the two of them. Ive seen symbiotic systems with 2 plants in a pot and Ive seen "twin absorption" between plants, where one just eats up all nutrients and the other shrivels from it.
I think youre on to something with the "twin absorption". personally ive never liked the idea of multiple plants in one pot

Andrewp666

I've just had the same 5 weeks into flowering. 10 plants and 1 of them just started dying on me. Never had it before .All others are absolutely fine! Weird!

Latest posts

Latest posts