What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

Yea world class pepper plant seeds are way cheaper than world class cannabis seeds! Worth mentioning that all the seed packs came with extra seeds and bonus dried pepper bits. Fyi those tiny pepper bits from the reapers were rather intense :biggrin: I'm still deciding how I wanna grow these bad boys. I'll start them in soil, but will probably finish them some other way. Anyone here have experience with hydroponic, aeroponic, or coco hot peppers? I'm curious on who got they get in other media besides dirt.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coco works very well, an old acquaintance uses it. There are a lot of growers doing different styles on thehotpepper.com forum.

They were transplanted to cups with fox farms ocean forest soil yesterday. I've got a 2x4 tent with a 400w vero v7 cobb setup I'll grow these guys under. I've gotta decontaminate the tent first (bloomed a male cannabis plant for pollen collection in it). Fucking pollen everywhere :biggrin:. Anyhow I'm curious to see if the pepper plants will like the ffof soil, as it's a little on the hot side.

picture.php

Amynamous

They were transplanted to cups with fox farms ocean forest soil yesterday. I've got a 2x4 tent with a 400w vero v7 cobb setup I'll grow these guys under. I've gotta decontaminate the tent first (bloomed a male cannabis plant for pollen collection in it). Fucking pollen everywhere :biggrin:. Anyhow I'm curious to see if the pepper plants will like the ffof soil, as it's a little on the hot side.

How are your peppers doing?

Gry

A study on how the effect of eating chilli peppers and mortality.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0169876#sec001

Results:Consumption of hot red chili peppers was associated with a 13% reduction in the instantaneous hazard of death. Similar, but statistically nonsignificant trends were seen for deaths from vascular disease, but not from other causes. In this large population-based prospective study, the consumption of hot red chili pepper was associated with reduced mortality. Hot red chili peppers may be a beneficial component of the diet.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have 1/2 dozen reaper plants in pots that i overwinter in my greenhouse room for the last 6-7yrs - i 'luv' hot, but these muther's are way/way over the top... there's a small mexican restaurant near me and the owner will cut one in half and put both half's on a 1/2 avocado and eat it... WOW.... i usually give him a dozen or so every week .. i keep some and dry and grind em into powder...