What's new

looking for info on colorado strains

Bdog

Still new around here. was just wondering if anyone know any info on old Colorado strains. I have heard of a strain in the south called mountain bud. anyone heard of it. thanks for looking.

Bdog

charlottes web sure does seem to be very popular in Colorado. wonder if it is an heirloom Colorado strain.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Charlotte's web is thought to be a renamed strain, possibly AC/DC

Charlotte is a young girl with bad seizures and they made CBD oil with this strain no one else wanted cause there was next to no THC

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
AKA Hippie's Disappointment :cry:

IIRC it was bred just for the CBD/THC ratio

I think 5:1 CBD to THC

funny how for the last how many decades breeding has specifically gotten rid of CBD high strains, which are low in thc

CBD isn't for me, but there is demand these days, but there has always and will always be a demand for THC

Bdog

Alright. So anybody ever heard of any of these.

LGS
foco cough
Redlands mesa
paonia purple paralyzer
red lady
wondervu wheelchair
Colorado green bud

really interested in old Colorado heirlooms and maybe finding out if they could or have been preserved.

S

stix~

Weeeest Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide :biggrin:

after rocking an outdoor season in Co with a brO :friends: i got to try that Pbud purple paralyzer...what a nice nice afghan ..once called Old Colorado looked liked deep chunk to me ... i heard it was the booooombaai back in its days ... got er crossed to pre98bubba :woohoo:

that redlands mesa rings a bell too jeje

theres also a plant called Desert Frost thats worth mentioning .. she flowers fast and resists lower temperatures :ying:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright. So anybody ever heard of any of these.

LGS
foco cough
Redlands mesa
paonia purple paralyzer
red lady
wondervu wheelchair
Colorado green bud

really interested in old Colorado heirlooms and maybe finding out if they could or have been preserved.

I'm just making a guess here that PPP is the only strain you have listed that could be considered a true heirloom. The remainder being relatively newer creations.

An heirloom is basicaly an annual grown from the previous years seed for 20 generations or more that produces a fairly consistant crop of very similar plants.

The Cough or Fort Collins Cough I believe is a hybrid with NL in it. It was referenced in Scott Reach's (Rare Dankness) article in H*gh T*mes about the Devils Harvest Krew, along with the "Blue". The "Blue" and "Original Blueberry" were frequently found around Boulder circa 1999-2000. The Wondervu Wheelchair I have heard called Ward Wheelchair and just Wheelchair, at times has been easy to find in the Nederland area. I would also frequently come across the "Cherry-Lime" in this area 4-5 years ago. In Durango circa 2004, Cali outdoor "Trainwreck" and occasional New Mexico outdoor "Cat piss" would come around in large quantities, along with the Mexi and Pretendica (which looked pretty good in those days).

Whats up with the CO cough, grew it out once from a bagseed when I was much younger. Wish I had it now. I feel as though these genetics have drifted on the Cough? What a spicy haze it was...... Have not seen Cherry -lime in a few years as well. Seems as though another drift scenario.

Bdog

Hey now that's what I am talking about. Glad to hear that there are some folks that have seen what I am talking about. I am aware that most of these strains are not in True "heirlooms", but fit the category of old strains that have been handed down and around. Have not seen a true cough in yrs wonder if that still exists? Also never seen the wheelchair but sound like it is about. Anyone ever heard of the Leadville Love?