What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Arcata?) Trainwreck and Afghan #1 - circa '05 beans

jd4083

Veteran
Hey B, this look familiar? :laughing: Here's some Trainwreck and Affie #1 from a friend...anybody want to comment on whether it looks like the real deal Arcata? It sure smells, tastes, and smokes like her...

EJKoM.jpg

jd4083

Veteran
Another pic of the Affie after a couple weeks of cure:

upvcM.jpg

Last edited:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a cross of arcata trainwreck x affy called A-Train that was popular around 2005. It's got purple stems and herms easily, but has that unique trainwreck smell and taste. I used it in a HOL cross we call Sugar Cane Train (A-train x hawaiian x chemdog).

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I got some of this the other night. My buds looked about the same, maybe trim better. Dispensary

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I'd agree that it doesn't look like the wreck to me either. Can't comment on the affy.

If it has the trainwreck smell I'm sold though. It's definitely one of those strains that I can recognize instantly.

jd4083

Veteran
Definitely has the trainwreck smell and flavor all day long. buds resemble the "cush" (aka green crack and a million other things) that comes up from Atlanta/Athens a few times a year in appearance, but the buzz, flavor, and olfactory notes are all dead on arcata. Wish I had some pics of the arcata I've had over the years still so I could compare, oh well

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
The one i have is suppose to be the original cut and it grow tons of rock hard nuggets about 1-3 grams a piece but they are EVERYWHERE and the pistils are almost curly very wavy never seen another plant have hairs quite like her. the trainwreck bud was too spherical to me.

jd4083

Veteran
The one i have is suppose to be the original cut and it grow tons of rock hard nuggets about 1-3 grams a piece but they are EVERYWHERE and the pistils are almost curly very wavy never seen another plant have hairs quite like her. the trainwreck bud was too spherical to me.

Yeah, that describes the plants that this came off of to a T...biggest "cola" was barely a quarter if that...

I've never personally grown out the arcata and have only limited experience with seeing the cut in flower, I've just had a whole lot of it over the years and it struck me as odd that the appearance isn't quite the same but the flavor and smell are so on point.

Hows the taste of the afghani? Looks fire:)

OP

splendid...extremely strong coffee flavor, much stronger than any I've encountered out of various afghani phenos...even more noticeable than with the Pre-98 BK, and as anybody who has that in the stable surely knows, that is a pretty strong statement

C

chase

Its hard to say , I went back to arcata (the I Center actualy) just to buy some tw ,garbage never been the same sinse I moved.
I can say that it looks more like tw than some of the tw that come from ordered seeds.
If I where to make an educated guess I would say it is.I could walk to Arcata like 5 miles, tw used to be my favorite .Ive spent a small fortune on it.