What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Washing Machine Hash

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
a great thread to read through if you have a nice bit to be running. thats a good link as well ilife. hope to see more people use the washing machine method to start and run their trim before running it through the bags. anyone else who has more pictures of their washing machine set ups i would love to see them posted up on here. also what strains are run through and some pictures of the bubble.

Dime

G

ILife - any chance you've noticed a difference between the yield of using the strainer bags vs just putting the trim directly in the machine? I just recently started running the trim without using the strainer bags as I lost them... I haven't noticed a great increase in yield and my hash is still nice and blond... It's a freaking pain to clean out after I'm done though. Thanks

ilife

220um Zipper Filter Bags

220um Zipper Filter Bags

strainwhore said:
ILife - any chance you've noticed a difference between the yield of using the strainer bags vs just putting the trim directly in the machine? I just recently started running the trim without using the strainer bags as I lost them... I haven't noticed a great increase in yield and my hash is still nice and blond... It's a freaking pain to clean out after I'm done though. Thanks

Yes Strainwhore, for starters it makes cleaning the machine out a lot easier and getting it prepared for the next run. It also helps when making a second run for you can add ice again to the zipper filter bag easy and start your second run. They also help in speeding up the filter process through your multiple screened bags, for you should not have much contamination in your 220um and 190um bags allowing for faster flow through your screens. This is the whole idea behind the Aqua Lab Technologies Zipper filter bags with the Zipcro locking strap, for this bag only allows 220um and smaller resin, plant material to pass through. Making for a more pure quality resin in the end. As far as increase in quantity I believe the zipper filter bags help contain the plant material and ice in one area allowing the ice and plant material to work against each other, causing more agitation, helping release more trichomes.

iLiFE

Last edited: