Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > VerdantGreen > Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

Thread Title Search
Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2019, 07:10 PM #61
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Unhappy

I have made a mess of this grow. It would be convenient to blame the light, but I own the failure. Not really sure how it all went south so badly but it did. This was my second attempt with this light and the first wasnít much better. In both cases the plants vegged and looked great under the light. But then about three to four weeks into flower obvious problems surfaced. If I didnít have another plant flowering along with these five, I would suspect the added dolomite possibly played a roll. I do not usually add it to my soil mix but after having grown C4DD and seeing how much additional calmag it ate, I thought it a good idea to add some upfront to my mix. I added a half cup which equates to about 1/2 Tbs per gallon. I also have another plant flowering that used left over soil from the C4DD run - no added dolomite yet the plant has reacted similarly. I checked pH of runoff a few times and it always ranged from 6.5 - 7.0. They received one feeding at half strength of Neptune's Harvest... other than that it's been just water with a few waterings with a boost of magnesium.

In many ways the damage looks like classic over fertilization and or light burn. But oddly even some of the most lower leaves appear this way while others next to them look fine. And one plant in particular, #4 (front left), was hit hardest.

I have clones of numbers 3, 4 & 5 outdoors and will share their progress. Cuts of #2 did not root so I will attempt to reveg her. Itís now day 43 - pics were taken at day 35. The third pic is of #3 and the fourth of #1. The last pic is of the only other plant being flowered with these, and the one that's in my usual soil mix. I am inclined to think this is related to environment rather than nutrition, but could surely be mistaken. Welcome and appreciate any input about what mightíve happened here.

Really sorry about this, VG.
ß467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again ďI know that thatís a treeĒ, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: ďThis fellow isnít insane. We are only doing philosophy.Ē

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 AM #62
Greenthumber

Greenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the roughGreenthumber is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
I have made a mess of this grow. It would be convenient to blame the light, but I own the failure. Not really sure how it all went south so badly but it did. This was my second attempt with this light and the first wasnít much better. In both cases the plants vegged and looked great under the light. But then about three to four weeks into flower obvious problems surfaced. If I didnít have another plant flowering along with these five, I would suspect the added dolomite possibly played a roll. I do not usually add it to my soil mix but after having grown C4DD and seeing how much additional calmag it ate, I thought it a good idea to add some upfront to my mix. I added a half cup which equates to about 1/2 Tbs per gallon. I also have another plant flowering that used left over soil from the C4DD run - no added dolomite yet the plant has reacted similarly. I checked pH of runoff a few times and it always ranged from 6.5 - 7.0. They received one feeding at half strength of Neptune's Harvest... other than that it's been just water with a few waterings with a boost of magnesium.

In many ways the damage looks like classic over fertilization and or light burn. But oddly even some of the most lower leaves appear this way while others next to them look fine. And one plant in particular, #4 (front left), was hit hardest.

I have clones of numbers 3, 4 & 5 outdoors and will share their progress. Cuts of #2 did not root so I will attempt to reveg her. Itís now day 43 - pics were taken at day 35. The third pic is of #3 and the fourth of #1. The last pic is of the only other plant being flowered with these, and the one that's in my usual soil mix. I am inclined to think this is related to environment rather than nutrition, but could surely be mistaken. Welcome and appreciate any input about what mightíve happened here.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Really sorry about this, VG.

Ahh I wouldnít beat yourself up about it! Doesnít look to have affected the overall bud structure too
Much which is a good thing rather than it happened earlier into flower. They do look deficient in magnesium leading to some spots almost looking p deficient. Iíve never used the Dolomite lime yet Iíve read though to stick around 1tsp per gallon so your numbers look relatively safe at a half tbs. if it was earlier I would say give a good flush and feed with 2 ml per gallon calmag and a light npk phíd at 6.2 6.3 but itís almost to late to reverse now. None the less Iím hopeful for you that the end product wonít be less than satisfying
Greenthumber is offline Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:41 PM #63
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Hey shmavis, tbh after your heads-up i was expecting them to look much worse!
Looks like they have struggled with nutrition or root problems, possibly made worse by environment, at some point during the first half of flower and they have been triggered to 'throw' their fan leaves and bigger leaves.... but as greenthumber says they buds don't look too bad and i'm sure you will get something to smoke-test, even if the yield may have been adversely affected. i would definitely finish them if it were me.
What's caused it is hard to say. i would discount light-bleaching as that would be worst at the top of the plant.

Cal/mag might well be factor, which then throws out other elements as well... but it could be a problem with the roots, root aphids or the plants staying too wet or too dry or soil too cold, or even rootbinding ( i think everything could be rootbinding lol! ) or something dodgy with the water supply?

Another possibility might be a cold draft at the front left?

You have done some great grows for me so i wouldn't be too disheartened, and these could well finish respectably. they wouldn;t look so bad with the dead/dying leaves removed.
TBH some of the best/smoothest smokes i've had have come from plants that have faded early so that might be the case here too. Personally i don;t worry too much about fading after 5-6 weeks. obviously there is a little more to this problem, but all is not lost yet.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote