What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question on behalf of a friend about cancer treatment.

Therealzemi

As the title says. I'm asking on behalf of a friend. Her dad has cancer in his liver and kidney. He wants to give cannabis a try, as the doctors are not leaving him much chance of survival :(
The question is this. What would be a correct daily dose to take? It will be in oil form, and eaten or mixed in tea, or something similar. They do not have the luxury of picking a specific strain here. Growing is not legal. If there will be any choice at all, it will be a choice between heavy indica or heavy sativa. And in that case, what would be the best pick for him there?
Thank you for taking the time to read :tiphat:

mowood3479

Veteran
From what I understand when trying to fight cancer with herb (as opposed to just managing symptoms, or stimulating appetite) the optimal dosage is as much as the person can tolerate... The more the better. I also recently read about taking decarbed oil via suppository (apparently this doesn't get u nearly as high and allows for a higher dosage to be ingested). I've never tried it but found it interesting nonetheless, seems it mayb a good way for non cannabis enthusiasts to get big dosages of bho or rso without a crippling and unpleasant high. Good luck, I'm sure there are other members on here who could provide you with more info than I have but as far as I know the optimal dosage is as much as can be tolerated

JVWZ

Rick Simpson Oil treatment. Find the highest best weed you can get and process it into RSO. Start with whatever he can handle as a first dosage, for non-smokers its about a grain of rice (0.05 grams) 3 times a day. After 5 days, or so, you up the dosage to (0.1 grams) 3 times a day, and continue creasing the dosage until he is able to tolerate 1 gram a day. Once he can tolerate 1 gram a day spread into about 4 doses (0.25 4 times a day) he will continue 1 gram daily until he's healthy and cancer free. Seems expensive because it kind of is. All in all he should consume about 60 grams over 3 months.

Start small but the key is to get as much oil in his body as possible to fight the cancer. Smoking and other little things to fight the symptoms definitely does help, but it's not enough to cure his cancer, he needs substantial amounts of cannaibinoids in hid body.

Therealzemi

Thank you for the reply guys. Much appreciated :huggg:

That is the plan. To get the weed and make the oil. Ive got enough experience myself to do it now.
And the dosage advice. That was exactly was i was looking for. Thank you very much. Cant wait to parse the info on to them :)

My friend's dad has liver cancer and failed his chemo. He was given 3 months to live 15 months ago.

He should have started with the RSO as soon as the cancer was diagnosed but didn't start until he was bedridden and maxed out on morphine. He is currently not on any sort of analgesic or pain killers, just an oil extract from a high THC strain called Hindu Kush. Its probably not the best for cancer but its also illegal here so its what we could find at around $400 an ounce.

He takes about 5 grams a week, so about what is estimated above but he slowly worked his way up.

I really can't say what's going on with the tumor as he refuses to get tested and go through all that again. He says that even if his tumor is back he's not doing chemo again so he just plans to continue with the oil and enjoy life.

Personally I have a strange type of inoperable tumor in my brainstem with no known treatments and a bunch of side effects; my dad is a chemist, specialized in organic chemistry so with his aid I've gotten quite good and quite technical at extractions.

I've made some videos of my process if you care to see them, they challenge the status quo a bit since most people do the cold wash method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwylamKSwto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMMSuAFGdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf4ffxUkcnU

Not shown in the videos in Winterizing and UV reacting.

B

BadPenny

Fish oil is a marketing thing, more than a health thing, just like flax seed oil. My doctors tell me you can get as much or more fish oil eating a couple cans of tuna a week. You also have to realize that to get the good heart effect from fish oil supposedly, the dosages are pretty wild and in my case, the side effects in my digestive system, weren't worth the trouble. I just changed my diet. JME

I see MO just ok'd 2 non profits to produce Hemp oil for medicinal use. Im guessin that somebody somewhere is finding out that IF the CBD thing holds true, hemp should be as good or better than any strain specific, cut specific, low THC phenotype, advertised THC/CBD ratio strain or seeds. And its also becoming apparent, and IME also, that smoking those strains dont' do anything for real pain patients, eating the oil does, or getting the oil to the cancer somehow. I see the best reports coming out on melanoma, where you actually apply the RSO instead of the old way of burning them off, etc. JMHO. Good luck and thoughts and prayers to your friend's dad.

Therealzemi

Sorry for the late reply. Ive had the worst day ever. Got busted with my small medical grow :(

Thank you for all the input guys. It really is highly appreciated :huggg: