What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice hash for lung cancer cannabinoid therapy without the high?

Mad Lab

hello,

sorry yes, i understand "why bother juicing" when "the trichomes can be harvested" - more potent / standardized medicine, benefits etc etc

but there's loss of terpenes, chlorophyll, cartenoids etc i think to maybe consider (all with alleged/anecdotal health benefits).

it just seems a shame to throw it away, if there is medicinal content within (?),

agreed

ghostmade

Veteran
the broader forms of cannabinoids in different forms acid and non acid states.wheat grass and weed leaf juice

Ranger

No, I appreciate your thoughts hello/Banana. If I was interested in the overall health benefits of cannabis I think juicing cured herb would be an option but in this case I'm only interested in its cancer-fighting properties which appear to based on cannabinoids alone so I'm going for the most concentrated form I can.

That's my understanding too dickcorn - once drying and curing occurs, some THCa is converted to THC so the only way to get "no THC" is to use fresh cannabis. Until that's an option, I'll see how much less psychoactive ingesting hash is compared to any method that applies enough heat to decaboxylate it. If it still gets you quite high, it may not be an option for my sister. We're so alike in many ways but differ on this one...

wish your sister all the luck she can find.

only problem i see with "juicing" is this, terpenes and any cannabinoids which are part of bud trichomes, will not come out of juicing a plant. bud trichomes, which house the lions share of cannabinoids, are in no way, shape or form soluble in water, that which comes out of the juice. so the juice you get out is painfully devoid of most bud based cannabinoids.

i'm working on some ideas and one of them is freezing fresh cut buds and making ice hash from those. i do not think you need to dry herb for extracting trichomes from bud material, my reasoning- trichomes (oil\lipid based) separate from plant material (water based) fairly easy when frozen and i don't think fresh or dried previously, will change that.

Mad Lab

Look up Dr Courtney out of Mendocino. Juicing fan leaves was his thing.

That is the best advice given to you yet on this thread, twoheads.

If you can find someway to veg a plant or two, you could have leaves in no time. Might be beneficial in conjunction with your dry ice hash.

The 'back door method' has already been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. I'd like to second, or third, this suggestion and vouch that you can ingest (assgest?) way more decarboxilated cannabinoids with only the mellowest, most relaxing feeling, not really a 'high', with this method. And it works to raise your oral tolerance level as well. I realize this is a hard sell to 'stoners', but this is the medical portion of this forum, and this method should be seen as a breakthrough for all the intolerant folks.

I, too, watched the video made by the mid 50s woman. Here is a link to that YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hUoyXKf81c

Here's another article about this put out by a Cannabis website:
http://cannabisdigest.ca/cannatory/

I just keep remembering the section of the 'Run From The Cure' video, where Simpson gave cancer curing amounts of his oil to 2 different women. One woman tolerated the oil well, took the full curative amount, and cured her cancer. The other woman could not tolerate the 'high' of the oil, didn't take the oil, and died. As for me, give me a little self induced humiliation, and spare me death.

To sum up:
1. Cannabis can be ingested rectally;
2. This method does not get you high - even with fully decarboxylated oil;
3. This method does produce a cure for diseases (cancer in the case of the video).
4. Far more cannabinoids can be ingested this way, in a shorter amount of time.
5. This method does increase your oral tolerance as well.
6. If you're really sick, are THC intolerant, and don't want to die, try this method.

H

hello/Banana

i am not doubting suppositories as a delivery method, but chemically / physiologically whatever:

can someone explain, if the method was AS good as ingesting it -

(i.e. you absorb more into your system (???)).

why do you get less baked ?

especially here as the cannabinoids are processed by the liver aren't they ???.

so the body is the barrier, and we want them in the liver -

how could "less effect" equal "better delivery" ???, it doesn't make sense ? (to me anyway - don't know if being stupid ???)

------------------

i don't know about juicing, but if they can extract nutrients from carrots / strands of grass - i am pretty sure, that a fragile viscous trichome is no problem (?).

i don't know for sure though (???)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
THC is not bioavailable rectally in primates - El-Sohly has made patented suppositories instead formulated with esters such as the hemisuccinate, which is available.

Mad Lab

THC is not bioavailable rectally in primates - El-Sohly has made patented suppositories instead formulated with esters such as the hemisuccinate, which is available.

who you callin' a primate?

lol good info there Joe, didnt know that.

two heads

Veteran
Joe, forgive my ignorance, is cocoa butter an ester like you mentioned? The cannabis digest article Bifurcatio referenced suggested using organic cocoa butter in the suppository.

Thanks for the references Bifurcatio, though there seems to be a lot of contradictory information out there, probably because so much is anecdotal. All the more need for proper clinical studies it seems to me.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Joe, forgive my ignorance, is cocoa butter an ester like you mentioned?

No, the THC itself has to be chemically transformed - I assume so it's able to pass through the reverse-osmosis-like barrier in the undamaged rectum that prevents many molecules from reaching the bloodstream, while allowing water to be absorbed. The esters are then converted to THC in the body.

El-Sohly's US patents on these suppositories are 4,933,363 and 5,389,375. There are some older studies with details on human and monkey bioavailability.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
when yall get done stuffing stuff up your butt ,let me know what works...lol...I wanna start juicing.. I done my research and it seems to help a lot of folks

Latest posts

Latest posts