What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2007 Catalouge

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
afropips said:
Hiya Gypsy,
I see it more like:-
If you & your Mongolian brothers take the time , risk & effort
to preserve the Mongolian Landraces & some Westerner buys some seeds then makes profits from those seeds , some profits should than be returned IMO.

Cool Runnings..........

........when you buy some seeds from someone.....its up to you whether you want to breed from them and make more seeds.......it's always good to make clear the correct heritage/lineage when describing what you have created and how you have done it so that the grower that buys and grows them from you is aware of where they might have come from.......but 'returning profits' to the country the worked seedline originated from for most is just not practicle.......if the seeds were bought in the first place then profit has already been made by the original grower.......Sam Skunkman does not receive 'royalties' from every Skunk variety grown.......nor does D.J.Short from every Blueberry variety/hybrid/cross that comes to us either......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Posters who speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude will be banned. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people or their beliefs will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait.

M

mosca negra

Afro-- you're missing Gypsy's point! He is giving you examples of breeders who create something and later on don't get anything back for their efforts from other breeders. In a perfect world anyone who develops/ creates something gets all the spoils-- this is not reality! I know Malawi is a poor country so why don't you do the right thing and give back all your profits to Malawi in your perfect world.

Mosca Negra

P.S. What's with the pic of the 3 Mexicans?

afropips

Hi MN,
I have no problem with Gypsy's point or Doing the right thing!
I would have to dissagree with you BB
but if you wish me to be silent I will go back to my location
as I have said my piece.

Thanks..........

PS: The £ Mexicans is just a bit of toungue in cheek!

Last edited:
G

dubi said:
We also would like to start to share some of our pure lines in limited preservationist editions, so other growers and breeders can preserve them and use them for their own breeding projects.

The landrace seeds will be regular and produced by open pollination to guarantee genetic diversity to other growers/breeders.

this is awsome, thanks ACE (and everyone else who are making their landrace stock available)

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day to all!

Nomadic and SatGhost, our idea is to distribute some of the landraces we have been working on lately. The first ones would probably be the chinese Yunnan indica and the guatemala sativa.

Landrace strains are the base of our work and they can also be used for other breeding and preservation projects. But if a grower wants to get the best potential from our genetics, i'd recommend him/her to use our hybrid commercial varieties. We have been experimenting with our landraces for years to learn the dominant/recessive traits of each variety and to get the best complementary combinations between them.

G

dubi said:
We also would like to start to share some of our pure lines in limited preservationist editions, so other growers and breeders can preserve them and use them for their own breeding projects.

The landrace seeds will be regular and produced by open pollination to guarantee genetic diversity to other growers/breeders.

We are also working to add purple pakistan, red panama, malawi, angolese and haze genetics from the 70s to our future catalogues.

Excellent news !!! :woohoo:

I'm allways happy to see new ACE's projects . I have currently some Panama red 1974 in the garden and they are absolutely wonderful to study.

It is very generous to allow people to work as amateur with some of your pure lines, indeed it is very positive as only the best breeders can afford this imho.

Speaking about amateur's breeding, I'm still planning to backcross the Canela both with Jamaican BM and with a Manali strain. Next step will be in early 2007 when I'll grow a strain collected by Mriko in Malana valley. I'll cross it with a Canela F1 if the Destiny allows it. Small numbers obviously but still should be interesting I think.

Good vibes and long life to ACE !

Rahan

I

indicalover

That is awesome Dubi, I can't wait for the landrace stuff. Especially the Chinese indica.

donvito

mr fantastic what are you breeding or even growing maybe he should ban your dumbass and dude if you understand what ap is saying if you want the real deal you gonna have to deal with him and ace is saying that he hybrid three strains from malawi.. big difference. I personally have boughta lot of aces gear from gypsy now I must check out these dudes from africa who are down in the dirt with the growers of malawi...

G

dubi, will the lesotho become available in future, or is it too early to say?
my apologies if i'm getting ahead of myself.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
SatGhost,

Leshoto i've experienced has been stabilized and bred by Cannabiogen friends. It's a great highland sativa which grows compact, robust and columnar. She also flowers quite fast (9-10 weeks) and resists very nice cold conditions, producing high quality sweet floral buds. The high is not the most powerful but it's great to cross with other long flowering sativas.

Here are some indoor shots of the malawi clone :canabis:

First pic is malawi flowering indoors. One mounth of flowering.

Next 3 pics are malawi close ups.

Last one is malawi seeded indoor bud.

Last edited:
That malawi looks interesting. What about the red panama is it one of the panamas that went into your currently available panama?

Last edited:
M

mosca negra

Satghost,

I don't think Dubi meant to insult you-- probably a Spanish pronunciation issue!

Peace, MN

bopper

SatGhost said:
funny... he got it right the first time. how is pronunciation relevant on a message board anyway? it's no typo that's for sure.

Hey SatGhost,

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Dubi is certainly capable of delivering a direct insult if desired. Perhaps a bit thicker skin and slower trigger might be desirable on these boards, as you interpret the post in a way that would be quite out of character for him, in my estimation. :cool:

BTW why would he bother to answer your questions in a respectful fashion if he addressed you with disdain?

Best,

bopper

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry SatGhost, it was a miss print, message edited.

I dont not intend to offend you. Im very sorry if you felt it in that way.

Please, we are quite sensible lately. Let's burn one and relax together! :)

Some of the CBG breeders breed with us and they used their Lesotho crossed with our nepalese kathmandu to produce our ace guerrilla hybrid. But Lesotho is still CBG's breeding stock, and we have no plans to distribute it in pure form, at least by now.

Thanks a lot bopper for your clarification ;)

Mr Fantastik, Im glad you liked the malawi. The ace panama is composed by old panama, green modern panama and red columbian/panama. I did pics of the green and red panama phenos yesterday and i hope to post pics tonight or tomorrow :)

Good day to all! dubi

PD: Mr Fantastik, i've posted fresh green and red panama pics in the panama thread. ;)

Last edited: