What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Nam black

hoanggia1

I dont know if Ace has plans to release this pure,
but either way Im interested in this plant.
How long ago was this strain collected from Nam?
The high is said to be a warm/friendly sativa with early maturation,
and the pics Ive seen look tasty (VB phenos of OE and VB x Thai)
Does anyone grow it pure?
I cant help but wonder how it would fair in cool climates, maybe with greenhouse.
I heard OE can be quicker than Bangi Haze finish, I dont know which is earlier the Chinese or Vietnamese side?
I have some pure Chinese but being a northern grower Im cautious about the description (best in warm climates)

Satyros

In my experience with a Vietnam Black dominant OE, no, it's not good for cool places. The China Yunnan reduces its size and flowering time; even so, in a warm climate where I could grow through November, I probably should have let OE flower another week or two. If you are getting frosts in October, it's not likely to give much besides a low yield of somewhat immature buds. A greenhouse might help, but, despite the fact of OE being a relatively fast sativa dominant plant, I don't see it working like eight to ten week hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome hoanggia1,

Vietnam Black we have used in our breeding projects came from the old cannabisworld forum auctions in early 2000s.

Vietnam Black is a northern american hybrid produced by crossing a pure sativa southern vietnamese with a sativa/indica from the northern areas of the country bordering with China.

Vietnam Black is not a pure landrace, the hybrid displayed 2 main phenos: a very tropical pure sativa pheno that was mediocre in quality and quite hermie prone, and therefore was discarded for breeding. The other pheno is a sativa dominant one with slight indica influence, this was the desired pheno, producing great yields, with great strong exotic organic aromas, dense flowers with strong resin production and providing a very pleasant and warm sativa psychoactivity. We were lucky enough to find a very nice VB female without hermie tendencies from this pheno, but we didn't find good non hermie males to reproduce the line without introducing other genetics, so i decided to cross the selected VB mother with one of the China Yunnan males i was exploring at that time to create our Orient Express hybrid.

Orient Express regular version produces very dominant Vietnam Black expressions from our selected VB mother. Hope it helps.

romanoweed

hey, Dubi just an Idea, use Honey B from Barneys to get rid of Hermie Tendencies, on some Websites it is said to be pure Landrace, but i guess your Customers dislike People using other genes, i know .....
but i myself dont know why. It would be a Dream if every say good Vietnam would be combined ; tested in Crossings, that might result in probably a very complex, and just insane strong Plant. Since Outcrossing makes things vigorus (but not in to big of a Distance apart of each other, cause that is what makes modern Hybrids bad to my taste)

burmese

Vietnamese Black original Description//from 2005//:

Donate by Anonymous/check Private Breeders Stock/
Heritage:---- Nam F1/vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka vietnam black, aka NAMweed/
Original F1 cross: male northern vietnam/china boarder/indica influence/
female southern vietnam outskirts of saigon/truebreeding

pure sativa NAM/
Breeders Description: originating from vietnamese genetics brough back to North

America in 77, she is an extremely potent exotic sativa.
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in
shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure,

leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and
sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher

and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compe-
nsates for a longer flowering period.

Indoor Specs: flowering time: 9+weeks
height: 150 cm
yield: 1+gm/watt

IS it pure?: Vietnamese black is an F1 derrived from indigenous nondutch landstrains

IS it true breeding?: No, F1 are not true breeding, but are generally uniform

What are its parents?: The parents of VB originate from the outskirts of saigon, as well
as the vietnam/china boarder. Parentage is included within VBs
description @CBay.

What is the flowering time?: Flowering times will depend on environmental conditions.
Slight variations between phenotypes will also influence

finishing times. Generally speaking VB finish beyond 9+
weeks, which is the fastest phenom we"ve found to date.
Most of the individuals who"ve tested her will suggest to
harvest between 10-12 weeks for amazing results.

Would you share any history of VB?: According to original source, the truebreeding VB

has been in north america since 1977, clones of

the original VB female have since been in circula-
tion within canada, usa, and southeast asia for

some time. Until recently, the availability of seeds
has been very rare.

to the end: The father is an indigenous/landrace/ that came to us from a colleague
which we were told, was speculated to be an isolated vietnamese variant
acclimated to shorter growing seasons. There is no absolute way we can

confirm the exact amount of indica influence the father contributed/if any/,
thought we can confirm that no genetic material outside of a landrace, or

indigenous strains acclimated in their region of origin have gone into this
uniform hybrid. We feel the F1 offered is already an improvement on the

original clone, maintaining potency, while adding more bulk and vigor, while
exhibiting a relatively similar growth structure to the original clone.

REWRITED from original descriptions

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
hey, Dubi just an Idea, use Honey B from Barneys to get rid of Hermie Tendencies, on some Websites it is said to be pure Landrace, but i guess your Customers dislike People using other genes, i know .....
but i myself dont know why. It would be a Dream if every say good Vietnam would be combined ; tested in Crossings, that might result in probably a very complex, and just insane strong Plant. Since Outcrossing makes things vigorus (but not in to big of a Distance apart of each other, cause that is what makes modern Hybrids bad to my taste)

To get rid of Hermie tendencies...yeah ok. I'm sure that's what Dubi needs lol

The only way to accomplish that is through breeding the trait out. Some strains that just doesn't happen. Barney's lol

We can leave the breeding to Dubi.

My experience with Vietnam Black was like acid. Racy, paranoid, trippy, most potent cannabis I ever smoked.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Dubi taught me something new about the VB as in its not an actual landrace but a cross between two different oriental landraces, and now that i am educated about that i will have to find a us seed plug for some OE as i love to play with gems like that

Jah bless! :tiphat:

romanoweed

to lesterbeans. Yes I know but every strong Vietnam was long before once probably a Hemp Strain, i can formulate it like a question deticated to all Vietnam Weed missing but not owning People. If importent Vietnam Genes are missing, could we just take MOSTLY random Vietnamseeds and get back some missing traits ? Coul the trippiness increas despite the use of weaker Counterparts but trough the (scheer) number of them? Like Reflection and Absorption or in other words : fill in the Gaps/missing Genes or push the Limits of existing Genes. Cause this is what we still have.
For shure, i dont breed, i have no idea, i just think over Breeding in mathematical ways... and wold you take the average Hoa Bac from Reeferman, then the to weak Phnom Pengh from Dutch Flowers, also some quiet trippy Willie Nelson Black , and also some of the Underground Traders Seeds, mix them all, it might be possible that you could fill in the most Gaps of some existing "unperfect" Strains . and get some mor powerful stuff.