What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dead Soldiers: empty carts and what to do with them

Hello icm'ers!
Its been awhile. Today I want to address empty carts. What is everyone doing with their empty carts. Dispensaries;are you collecting empty carts from people. Oil tokers: Are you saving your carts are you refilling them are you putting them out with the recycling or into the landfills? I myself have an embarrassing amount of empties piling up and want to know what my options are, environmentally conscious ones that is. Pen tech is definitely here to stay. Hard to beat the portability, and low signal of a pen, but there's got to be a widely known route of reclaim or disposal for them. Ganja is good and clean like how we want our environment. So how do we keep the scene clean for those that care?

Gry

Never used a pen, so I have no clue, but are there not refillable cartridges available ?

Hey Gry!
Yeah I strongly believe you can refill but there is a wick involved in most carts so definitely some diminishing returns to deal with.
I should mention what up with the packaging? Some cart folks are minimal with it like Jetty but man the other companies wtf! We gone from looking and smelling at buds to judge Now its like oh yeah look at that glossy package, it'll never break down in a landfill....that must be some dank oil?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This is one of the reasons I stopped using disposable pens and invested in a cartridge designed specifically made for hash/oil. Most of these have titanium or quartz wicks that can be cleaned and reused many times.

Another reason is the stuff they put in those pens to make them work with wicks. Lots are using non-cannabis terpenes, propylene glycol, propylene ethyl glycol, or vegetable glycerine. I find these dilute potency and leave a funky taste.

Not to mention most of the distillate is made from concentrates that cannot be sold. As a grower, I prefer to handle everything from clone to final product.

Gry

I have to agree with you on the packaging, the shop around the corner from me has a large selection of them with packaging looks like it came from a candy store.
Always felt that jars were a good remedy for baggies.
I would imagine we are going see more glitz.
Hope someone will figure out a way delivering appealing packaging that is cost effective and have less impact in land fills.

Latest posts

Latest posts