What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Howdy DWD nice color on your leaves mine tend to get to green sometimes those little bulbs are the bomb eh !Bud

Hey, Buddler;) They look pretty light under HPS but are like perfect lettuces, and when I take leaves out of the tent they're dark. The thing I love about coco is that I rarely see an unhealthy leaf or plant, even if I take 'em long. I will invest in some pk for coco.

The LED bulbs are phenomenal, so much so I've got the 4 7-way splitters coming that are about 12" across each, so should get really good coverage. 28 leds for a 3x3, almost 400w;)

deepwaterdude

Day 2 12/12 grow notes

Day 2 12/12 grow notes

AM session - fed w/additional coco water, pruned like mad

We can say they noticed the light change and expanded enough for me to do my pre-flower trim. I did as I said yesterday and took all of Straight Lady's under and side branching, only leaving the top ridge. These big branches I kept for clone. (OT-Great, very sweet SKUNK smell when they're pissed!) I trimmed everyone's bottoms up to the 3rd/4th node from top, leaving a few bigger low leaves as deficiency alarms. Pretty radical pruning, now I should let them go with just a pluck or a nip here and there and LST depending on stretch.

I'm going to black the lung room out today so I don't worry about the tent being open or closed. It's either that or set up the 5x5, and I am nothing if not energy-efficient;)

@Syd-How do queen mother, purple mexi and snow moon smoke? DO you have a favorite between them? Putting together my order;) And ordering some bulk 14w Philips LEDs;)

Good day to all:tiphat:, dwd

G

Yes,she reminds me a bit of skunk ,too,that's what the pungent part is...

Haven't smoked Queen mother yet.Snow moon is nice but has the potency I like for indicas after a good 2 months.I liked the purple pheno mostly.Purple Mexican is fantastic in taste/smell department.Not high yielder.The high is quite unique I'd say,very positive.I liked her a lot!

deepwaterdude

Yes,she reminds me a bit of skunk ,too,that's what the pungent part is...

Haven't smoked Queen mother yet.Snow moon is nice but has the potency I like for indicas after a good 2 months.I liked the purple pheno mostly.Purple Mexican is fantastic in taste/smell department.Not high yielder.The high is quite unique I'd say,very positive.I liked her a lot!

Thanks, bro, that's quite helpful. That purple snow moon was ridiculous looking, almost unbelievable. Thanks for the reminder:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Day 3 12/12 and they are looking fiihine;0) With this res change started going 1/2 and 1/2 Bloom and Veg pulling back the N and upping the P a bit. Hand feeding every day seems to be better than pure blumat, so that's what I do. Floranova Bloom still has quite a bit of N and all the micros, full transition next res. I've got an airstone in the res so they get very oxygenated water each time.
I left about 6 inches of growth on each stem of the 4 tops, less harsh with 6-top and Straight Lady is looking like a triceratops;) I've got plenty of vertical for stretch and flower, more than 3ft if I need it. I'm holding off on pics until 1 week 12/12.
Also, the right side of the tent looking in, with 6-top and Zammy Tammy, gets less light as the 600 is off to the left a bit. The plants grow accordingly, Beast and Miss Perfect living up to their names on their inside lane. This intrinsic unfairness bothers me, but will be moot in a week. Corrected it a tad anyway. Gorgeous plants, all reaching for the stars. I've taken to taking Beast and 6-top out to water and they are BIG just going into flower. The 3 gals are around 18" in diameter (1/2 of the 3x3) and the other 4 tops the same weaving Straight Lady between the two. Full canopy, strong light, good manifolds (you'll see in a week), fat stems and big, vigorous tops. Had a nightmare about root aphids, but in the daytime, nary a gnat. Surprising for a constantly wet medium.
@Levi-you snuck that Panama Diosa x Zamaldelica in waaay under the radar, and she's one fat girl, so that can only mean one thing-crappy radar? Beautiful plant, really did her justice.

deepwaterdude

Day 5 12/12 - new lights !

Day 5 12/12 - new lights !

Hey, all, they're so photogenic at the moment, I couldn't not take a few pics;) Also, my 7 way splitters came in all undamaged, and three are up in the tent with 5, 5 and 4 bulbs in them respectively until Monday when the rest come in the mail (got a good deal on 8 packs of Philips 15w Daylight bulbs). 600w is staying in for the moment.

I took pics of their manifolds, or what would have been manifolds had I mainlined truly. With 4 3 gallon pots in the tent, I would have pulled their branches much wider, but in this context, they have limited lateral space, but not vertical, so I trained them minimally outward.

In the trough, Miss Perfect is 24 inches over the medium, so is Lady Straight, with Zammy Tammy a few inches shorter. They seem to stretch an inch a day at the moment, judging by Miss P @ 5in stretch since switch. Beast is 18 inches over her pot and 6-top (now 5 top) 14 inches. AS you may have guessed I cut her smallest top, bottom left, whose head wasn't going to compete in that tent. Here they is.

Attachments

• Day 5 12:12.jpg
    Day 5 12:12.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Day 5 canopy.jpg
    Day 5 canopy.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Canopy profile.jpg
    Canopy profile.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Zammy Tam.jpg
    Zammy Tam.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Blurry Miss Perfect.jpg
    Blurry Miss Perfect.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Beast with Miss Perfect behind and Straight's spine.jpg
    Beast with Miss Perfect behind and Straight's spine.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 6-top's manifold-took bottom left branch.jpg
    6-top's manifold-took bottom left branch.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 5-top.jpg
    5-top.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Lady Staight smack in the middle.jpg
    Lady Staight smack in the middle.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 17
  • Zammy Tammy-needs a bottom level trim.jpg
    Zammy Tammy-needs a bottom level trim.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 12
G

They look fantastic!:woohoo:Seriously,super healthy and happy!

I chicken out on totally replacing the HPS yet...

Are you gonna defol ?:biggrin:It's gonna be a mosh pit in there!

Old Toker

Are you gonna defol ?:biggrin:It's gonna be a mosh pit in there!
If it were me I'd wait another month.:)

Seriously...they look great DWD. I gotta say though....when you are describing them and using their "names"....sounds like you are calling a horse race.
"In the trough is Miss Perfect....followed closely by Lady Straight and Zammy Tammy".:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

If it were me I'd wait another month.:)

Seriously...they look great DWD. I gotta say though....when you are describing them and using their "names"....sounds like you are calling a horse race.
"In the trough is Miss Perfect....followed closely by Lady Straight and Zammy Tammy".:tiphat:

That's a pretty good description of the caller and the race;)

Thank you both, syd and OT, I think they look beastly, bring on said mosh! That said, I do take bits off of someone every day. But, as I don't know the strain well, and it's not entirely tropical and therefore into occasional hurricane damage, I'm treating them rather kindly. There are 16 branches I could/should take off of ZAmmy Tam, but I'll settle for 8 tomorrow, 8 another day;) It really depends on stretch; if they go a long time, I'll have a ton of new branches/bud sites to contend with. Once they slow and harden into flower, I can take off my "Executive Planner of Plant Energy Direction and Management" hardhat, lay down the trimmers and puff a sigh of green panama.

Looking at it, it's akin to having 18 onebud plants in there. No surprise there's a period of scrambling to get things in place;o)

Another note; love coco. Just fricken love it. Knock on wood, never seen an unhealthy/burnt leaf in my coco grows.

And another; will need another smaller array or two to truly cover with LEDs. These 7 ways have mainly 15w leds so 105 watts per array. Basically covers one plant and with mine could leave out the center lamp as no tops in center.

Lastly - mystery plant in the window is looking/smelling really good and will have a full life at some later date. Nice skunky stem rub, thick stalk, lotsa pistils. Can't just leave it in my South facing window; until it's moved the strain is called "Probable Cause"tm;)

Hopefully this tent will beat out the last one, that was 16 tops.

Attachments

• coming down jan 22.jpg
    coming down jan 22.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 13

deepwaterdude

Hey, OT, you'll like this- my subconscious is still trying to screw with the plants. Saw my timer was at 13 hrs light for some reason and still have to lightproof the room with tape and some blackout curtains as there's a glow at sunup and sundown. Just blacked out the skylight yesterday. SO let's just say true 12/12 has not yet started, heh. Psych.

Other good news, the trout are biting;) Had a go at the local Rio yesterday morning and got about 6 in an hour, rainbows and browns, on dry flies and nymphs. Today looks like another good day to tap the top of the water see what comes up;).

Old Toker

Hey, OT, you'll like this- my subconscious is still trying to screw with the plants. Saw my timer was at 13 hrs light for some reason and still have to lightproof the room with tape and some blackout curtains as there's a glow at sunup and sundown. Just blacked out the skylight yesterday.
See....these are just two of the reasons that international seed companies have selected you to grow their best genetics. A completely dialed-in environment that is professionally managed allowing no room for error....AND....the ONLY inside grow room in the USA with a skylight. I've read about people growing in attics, garages, bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements.....what room are you using that has a skylight? :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

See....these are just two of the reasons that international seed companies have selected you to grow their best genetics. A completely dialed-in environment that is professionally managed allowing no room for error....AND....the ONLY inside grow room in the USA with a skylight. I've read about people growing in attics, garages, bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements.....what room are you using that has a skylight? :tiphat:

Yep, lotsa science on my side, lotsa brainfarts on the early demise side. reminds me of the time I mistakenly plugged my light into the drip timer; on 15min off 45 until I caught it during a 3am bathroom run. Thank god for weak bladders;)

As far as light leaks, I just got some blackout drapes from Walmart for 10 bucks a piece. No light gets through my East and West now, not bad. The skylight is in my old bedroom that the plants kicked me and the cats out of;) I also put the fourth light array in today, o'er Miss Perfect and dimmed the hps to 430w. I only have 22 of 28 possible bulbs in there; 5 each over 5 top and Beast, 6 over Miss P and Zammy Tam. extra 330w!

Now, 2 more spiders would cover the tent like mad; each one costs around 50$ - 10 clams for the spider, say same 10$ for the 15ft cord and fixture rated 250w, 35$ for 7 bulbs, so 55$ clams per. With 7 15w bulbs, each draws 105w-so check this out-my 4 fixtures draw 420w;) Good sign. Anyway, full spectrum 420w led set up for now 220$. With two more added spiders that may happen later, 330$ for 660 watts of led. Getting rid of my cooltube, can fan and carbon filter cause they just ain't no heat? Priceless;) Especially coming into Spring/Summer.

Pics soon, d-dublya-d

Old Toker

Getting rid of my cooltube, can fan and carbon filter cause they just ain't no heat?
Sounds like an affordable and "cool" setup!
I was following along until the part where you are getting rid of the carbon filter. Don't you still need it filter the smell? Perhaps I just don't understand the high end LED/skylight grows. :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Sounds like an affordable and "cool" setup!
I was following along until the part where you are getting rid of the carbon filter. Don't you still need it filter the smell? Perhaps I just don't understand the high end LED/skylight grows. :tiphat:

I may, but it'll filter the room and not the tent;) Plus, I live pretty far from others, haven't had any "complaints".

Old Toker

I may, but it'll filter the room and not the tent;) Plus, I live pretty far from others, haven't had any "complaints".
Yah....I live too far from other people to worry about THEM smelling my grow. It's the USPS people (even though my mailbox is out at the street) UPS, FedEx, meter people and just generally anyone else that may decide that, though uninvited, they should knock on my door anyway and tell me about their missing dog or child....or whatever else they misplaced. Of course I don't have YOUR personality....so people might think I'm nice and that they might be welcome. :tiphat:

Did you read my thread about the meter guy showing up uninvited, and without warning to change out my old smart meter for a new smart one? Didn't knock on the door or anything. Just went for the side of the house where the meter is....on the same wall as my grow. If it wasn't for my dogs....I might not have even seen him. Sh*t like that is why I try to keep sound and smell down. No telling who might show up.

deepwaterdude

Yah....I live too far from other people to worry about THEM smelling my grow. It's the USPS people (even though my mailbox is out at the street) UPS, FedEx, meter people and just generally anyone else that may decide that, though uninvited, they should knock on my door anyway and tell me about their missing dog or child....or whatever else they misplaced. Of course I don't have YOUR personality....so people might think I'm nice and that they might be welcome. :tiphat:

Did you read my thread about the meter guy showing up uninvited, and without warning to change out my old smart meter for a new smart one? Didn't knock on the door or anything. Just went for the side of the house where the meter is....on the same wall as my grow. If it wasn't for my dogs....I might not have even seen him. Sh*t like that is why I try to keep sound and smell down. No telling who might show up.

Hmmm, good idea;) My landlord (who is aware of my hobby) has said it smells pretty strong at times. I try to smoke constantly, so people know I smoke and attribute it to that. (Not kidding, sadly; this could be up there with the WORST stealth ideas.) But, context is everything, and around here, EVERYONE puffs and grows, so I try and hide my trees in the forest;) They're killing it today.

Oh, and I'm hand watering from my res, aided by blumats, so 8x a day not gonna happen;) Plus, don't see the point...yet;)

Old Toker

But, context is everything, and around here, EVERYONE puffs and grows, so I try and hide my trees in the forest;) They're killing it today.
I live in the DEEP south. I am almost next to the Georgia line. My neighbors all seem to be good ol' boys that mind their own business. At least in the almost year I've been here. That said.....not sure if I want to test their ideas of law and order in regards to the pot cultivation laws. Of course what do I know? They're all probably growing 4x the amount I have in my tent and are probably worried about me. :)
Oh, and I'm hand watering from my res, aided by blumats, so 8x a day not gonna happen;) Plus, don't see the point...yet;)
You are hand watering AND using Blumats? Why use both?
I setup an automated (mostly) DTW because I wanted to try to feed multiple times a day....AND....
I'm too old and lazy to do it by hand....well mostly just too lazy. Plus it allows me to occasionally go out of town for a few days. Like this weekend....leaving Thurs afternoon and not getting back to late Sun. Hopefully I have everything dialed in and both my plants and my house survive.

Glad to "hear" your plants are killing it today. Of course without pictures...it didn't really happen.:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Da proof - pre flower pics

Da proof - pre flower pics

Well, here you have 'em, Sir. I feel like they already reacted to the light sched and room darkening. I'm hoping they won't tergiverse around and flower two weeks from now;) Yep, tergiverse. Not English.

Almost a shame to flower them, they look so good in veg:tiphat:

The blumats are mostly off these days, with 2 gal handwatering for the trough in the AM and a 1/2 gal each for the 3 gal girls, right now at 1.5 EC 1/2 Bloom, 1/2 Grow. Miss Perfect, who's outgrown everyone else in there, seems to be asking for more and in flower will definitely get it. Bring it on, just TRY and outgrow me. ANyway, no more feeding than that at the moment, because they're VERY vigorous and I can't keep up with the $#@ branching. I'm up to about 6,000,000 clones. Less N will help a bit and cutting it out might help them go to flower sometime this month;)

Attachments

• 6-Right side.jpg
    6-Right side.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 5-Canopy level.jpg
    5-Canopy level.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 4-luscious jungle.jpg
    4-luscious jungle.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 3-Method to madness.jpg
    3-Method to madness.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1 From a ladder.jpg
    1 From a ladder.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 7-Straight Lady in the middle.jpg
    7-Straight Lady in the middle.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 8-Left side.jpg
    8-Left side.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 9-Whole Shabang before flower.jpg
    9-Whole Shabang before flower.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
G

:woohoo: Looking stellar bro!
Be careful with the spots when the budding starts,had some crisping on some tops,had to back up...

Old Toker

Well, here you have 'em
So that's what the spiders look like! Really cool. Even if they don't grow worth a dam....they LOOK awesome. I'd paint some eyes on them.
I'm hoping they won't tergiverse around and flower two weeks from now;) Yep, tergiverse.
You know this forum is full of stoners....right? The English language doesn't have enough words for you so you need to borrow from another one......or just couldn't find the correct English one? The problem DWD is that you are just too polite. Let me help you out: "I'm hoping they won't fu*k around and flower two weeks from now..". You're welcome.....:tiphat:
Almost a shame to flower them, they look so good in veg
Yes they do! Thanks for the pics.
.. I can't keep up with the $#@ branching. I'm up to about 6,000,000 clones.
Must be a hell of a cloning operation you have.:)

Latest posts

Latest posts