What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Black Domina x G13) x Orient Express

Hi All.

Haven't posted in awhile. Thought I'd share my experiences with an accidental Ace cross. A sativa pheno Orient Express clone pollinated a whole lot of Black Domina x G13 clones with a slight light leak and ended up with over 100 seeds.

Original Orient seed mother
DSC02064.jpg

Clone
DSC02120.jpg
DSC02145.JPG

Black Domina x G13(unknown spanish breeder). A typical dutch indica with tight node spacing with foxtailing. Low odour almost oily metallic aroma, heavy indica characteristics. Finished in 9 weeks.

Fan leaves turn purple/yellow when finished no matter what temperature.
DSC02111.JPG
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0044.jpg

To test some phenotypes of the cross I planted some seeds in early spring(start of Sept.) I then picked out the best 6 and put them into peat pots with black magic soil and sat them outside to acclimatise to the outdoor conditions from the get go.
View attachment 369982

On the first of November I transplanted them into a pre dug hole amended with blood & bone organic compost further down the hole and a basic organic soil mix with pumice, Mexican bat guano and water crystals on top. Once in the hole I only gave them a feed with earth juice catalyst.
View attachment 369983

27/11
View attachment 369984

13/12 late spring but still good growth rate.
View attachment 369985
View attachment 369986

Summer Solstice - 21/12 Solid structure plants with large leaves, Some very good plants. Seems like a lot of OE influence with a lot of phenos. Only top dressing with Mexican bat guano so far.
View attachment 369987
View attachment 369988
View attachment 369989
View attachment 369990
View attachment 369991

18th January first signs of flower. 8ft+ mostly.
View attachment 369992
View attachment 369993
View attachment 369994
View attachment 369995
View attachment 369996

02/02 Some good sativa dominant phenos.
View attachment 370001
View attachment 370002
View attachment 370003
View attachment 370004
View attachment 370005
Indica pheno

21/02 Good sativa flower forming, some looks like mostly OE sativa/indica phenos so far.
View attachment 370006
DSC02678.JPG
DSC02683.JPG
DSC02689.JPG
DSC02706.JPG

Will do more updates tomorrow with individual phenos. Had enough uploading for one night :)

Last edited:
Thanks Konopenko! good to be back. Although I have limited OE experience, I can tell it's genetics shine through on the cross giving terpenes I haven't encountered before.

All my attatchments are full so can't upload, what do I do?.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
My first time running the OE. I'm hooked! They will get 3 more weeks outside then moved to flowering. I will keep an eye on your thread. Peace

Hey everyone didn't realise there was a 10 photo per post limit sorry :)

Will start again haha

(Black Domina x G13) x Orient Express

Started off outside early spring
DSC_0020.jpg

Transplanted 1st Nov
DSC_0002.jpg

27th Nov - 3 1/2 weeks veg
DSC02308.JPG

Summer Solstice - 21/12 Solid structure plants with large leaves, Some very good plants. Seems like a lot of OE influence with a lot of phenos. Only top dressing with Mexican bat guano so far.
DSC02406.JPG
DSC02407.JPG
DSC02409.JPG
DSC02415.JPG
DSC02416.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Kiwi good to see you again that looks like a very interesting cross, maybe a quicker maturing plant than the Malawi. You may have struck Kiwi Gold.
Tangwena

18th January first signs of flower. 8ft+ mostly.
DSC02564.jpg

DSC02566.JPG

DSC02571.JPG

DSC02572.JPG

DSC02574.jpg
DSC02586.JPG
DSC02587.jpg
DSC02588.JPG

Hi Tang, good to be back. Yes very interesting strain, some phenos finsh early April and found a big flower high yielding OE sativa pheno finishing towards the middle of April. Cool to see you're right into the Ace strains now since your first Malawi grow :)

Start of February - some good sativa traits expressed by the OE influence and also looks like maybe some Chinese indica phenos?

DSC02664.JPG

indica.JPG

DSC02629.JPG

DSC02628.JPG

DSC02617.JPG

21st of Feb is the last pics on first post.

Cheers.

13th March - (BD x G13) x OE

Flowering very nicely. 1 week before the Autumn equinox.

Here's some Sativa OE phenos

Taller sativa pheno with bigger less dense buds.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A good array of phenos, seems the OE is dominant in the flower department.
attachment.php

Another sativa pheno with long slender flowers, earlier finisher than other phenos. It seems to finish end of March/early April

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another OE pheno with tigher node spacing
attachment.php

Last edited:
G

Hi kiwi! :)

Beautiful plants!

I wanted to ask you(sorry if this has been discussed),were the seeds produced fem or regular?

Keep growing!

:tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi kiwigreen420,

I'm sorry to hear one of your Orient Express hermied indoors with the light leaks, the vietnamese sativa pheno is a bit sensible in this regard when is grown indoors with erratic photoperiods.

The accidental cross sounds interesting, OE seems to dominate with most of its traits, at least in the growing stage. How did the cross finished outdoors ? Did you like the outcome ?

G

Hi Dubi!

What about the gender of seeds produced by herm parents?I was under the impression that if she pollinates herself you will have regular seeds but if you use a hermie to pollinate a female the outcome would be fem(like the s1 production method).I always wanted to know about that...

By the way my OE produced a single seed...

Latest posts

Latest posts