What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Another option to the Gazebo idea is to build yourself a workshop. A key thing to do though is establish from the start that it is your Fortress of Solitude/SmokeADube and nothing or nobody goes in it without you saying it's okay first. That way you can leave the shed to storage. Also if you build the workshop big enough you can locate your grow there as well.

dickcorn

Multiple garages is where it's at... Attached for friends/ family. Detached is all mine. Like others said nice to have place for tools etc in case nosy people around but still a private sanctuary for whatever I please. Keeps grow out of the house away from anyone else too. Hard to stumble into something locked if only one person has the key.
Ps. I can't stand people in my house and wish everyone with house guests the best.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Luckily my grow is away from me, I have a good friend with no interest in growing, so if I do the growing he lets me do if there and we split the result. Good arrangement for me, but I would like to switch to more outdoor croppin, geurilla method, so I have to manage less harvests per year, and still keep us in smoke.
If I get a good year in i will be able to afford a larger outback smoke room, and I will probably give my shed to the chickens , they will love the upgrade!
But for now the shed does me well, and gives me a chill spot so I can't grumble....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Full on day today, up early to my girl having a shout from the cot, then a days graft. After this I went and repotted my two clones and set them into veg time - we're off, excellent.
Did some shoppin , and now after a big ole dinner courtesy of the wonderful Mrs Brunch, I am shed bound again with a j of jack h and a mug of coffee. Thing are pretty cool for me right now.... I wish I could tell the 25 year old me that things do get better!
Simple pleasures people, that's what it all about.

On the other hand, it's fuckin raining again, which may well spoil my digging plans for tomorrow.

HatchBrew

Veteran
I'm twenty five bunch. Smooth sailing and happy times. Cut out all the bs long while ago. Enjoy your brew and send some smoke my way. My two week sobriety is almost over. One more day!

Used to have jack herer all the time when I lived in ny's Hudson valley. I'm jumping over to your grow page after this.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice one, I hope you got some nice greens lined up for when you end the weed-fast. Definitely sounds like you deserve it after a two week break!!
I am 37 now and the years really do speed up, man. Sometimes I think I wish I had it all sorted years ago, but the package I got now was well worth the wait.
Funny enough, one of my best holidays was in New York for my 30th birthday , we stayed in a hotel called Hudson hotel, bit trendy for my taste but they had a good bar. Never managed to obtain any smoke there tho, unfortunately

HempKat

Veteran
I am 37 now and the years really do speed up, man.

If you think they go by fast now wait until you're in your 40's and 50's. Seems like New Years was just a couple of months ago and here we are heading for another one in a month. It's weird how that changes I remember as a child it seemed like the years dragged by unbearably slow and age 40 let alone 54 seemed like an incomprehensibly distant future. Now that I'm here it's like I wish they would slow down a bit so I can enjoy life a little before I'm gone.

mr.brunch

Veteran
My mum always used to say when I was young and wishing it was christmas or birthday.
" don't wish your life away" ... How right she was!
And that's the worrying thing, a year seemed like forever back then, but I'm sure around my 21st birthday, some fucker took the brakes off and it's been speeding up ever since.

mr.brunch

Veteran
i wish i had a shed. someday.

That's what I used to think, this time 3 years ago I was sharing a small upstairs apartment with a friend thinking that was my lot, then I met a blinding girl, got married, got the best stepson I could wish for and a beautiful baby girl. We moved in to a wreck of a house and garden did a bit of sprucing up and the rest is history.
Point being, life can change so quickly even when you're not expecting it- gotta be open to change.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I use the iPhone for "shednet" purposes, signal a bit crap sometimes.
Gotta evict those wasps, man they don't pay no rent.

Out and about today with Mrs b and baby b, hoping to log some shed time later!
Peace

mr.brunch

Veteran
Chillin in the shed.
My baby girl fought sleep this evening and went to bed late so we are trying to let her sleep through tonight, hope it works .... Although I will miss my 12:30 am feeds with her. Still , they gotta grow up I suppose. I am in shedland with no baby monitor for the first time so feeling a little on edge , may need an extra fat spliff after this one!
I am smoking the third pheno of my jack tonight and I have to say, taste reminds me of grapefruit , nice.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Crazy shit.
Seems like it wasn't that long ago I was the kid lookin forward to Christmas , now I just found myself going round tucking everyone in bed, turning off the outside christmas decs and am now standing out front with the dog having a spliff. Seems like I became the grown up just don't remember when it happened!
Glad I smoke weed, it lets me appreciate moments like this :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
My ferocious attack-hound

picture.php

View image in gallery

HempKat

Veteran
Crazy shit.
Seems like it wasn't that long ago I was the kid lookin forward to Christmas , now I just found myself going round tucking everyone in bed, turning off the outside christmas decs and am now standing out front with the dog having a spliff. Seems like I became the grown up just don't remember when it happened!
Glad I smoke weed, it lets me appreciate moments like this :)

It happened gradually, over the years, all of a sudden. :D

mr.brunch

Veteran
Just when you think it's happening, it's already been done.

Ok, it's pretty cold in this here shed, so maybe I should get some kind of heater... No elec out here tho. Not drastically cold I admit, only just 0 here - nothing like some people here have to deal with judging by other threads!
Still, it's nice to have a little warmth with your smoke n coffee, so I will probably have to research my options.

HempKat

Veteran
Just when you think it's happening, it's already been done.

Ok, it's pretty cold in this here shed, so maybe I should get some kind of heater... No elec out here tho. Not drastically cold I admit, only just 0 here - nothing like some people here have to deal with judging by other threads!
Still, it's nice to have a little warmth with your smoke n coffee, so I will probably have to research my options.

For a small space with no electric I would suggest a potable propane heater. Something like this one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr.-Heater-Big-Buddy-Heater/19398780

I have one and it does a great job of heating up a 15' x 15' workshop. Although I would also recommend getting the addon's that allow you to use a 20lb tank of propane rather then the small 1lb tanks. If your shed is notably smaller you might want to consider the smaller version which is a bit cheaper.

There is also the option of a kerosene heater which is cheaper to operate but they have a pretty distinctive smell when used that's hard to get used to.

blastfrompast

Veteran
If your handy you could turn an old propane tank into a little woodstove... Just make sure you clean the tank first...I believe they fill them with water or something...buddy made one.

Pretty cool, he uses cutoffs and it doesnt take much to get his shed up to smoking temps :)