What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Nam black

Rinse

Veteran
I dont know if Ace has plans to release this pure,
but either way Im interested in this plant.
How long ago was this strain collected from Nam?
The high is said to be a warm/friendly sativa with early maturation,
and the pics Ive seen look tasty (VB phenos of OE and VB x Thai)
Does anyone grow it pure?
I cant help but wonder how it would fair in cool climates, maybe with greenhouse.
I heard OE can be quicker than Bangi Haze finish, I dont know which is earlier the Chinese or Vietnamese side?
I have some pure Chinese but being a northern grower Im cautious about the description (best in warm climates)

waveguide

Veteran
plants tagged "vietnam" on ace's facebook feed last week, no "black", no "x" anything.

dubi, if you need testers or anything.....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Rinse,

The Vietnam Black came from an american breeder almost 15 years ago via the bids in the old cannabisworld website, it's supposedly a hybrid between a southern vietnamese sativa and a more sativa/indica northern vietnamese more similar to our chinese yunnan. I selected among the 'pure' VB phenos many years ago and selected my favourite early flowering female with dense resinous flowers, lovely warm effect and strong organic rotten terpenes, there were other longer flowering phenos but they were not so good, i also couldnt find a decent and non hermie male so i decided to cross the selected early VB female with the best pure chinese males i was working at that time, that was the birth of Orient Express, the friendly Vietnam Black line i've been working since my early days of breeding.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
... i also couldnt find a decent and non hermie male so i decided to cross the selected early VB female with the best pure chinese males i was working at that time, that was the birth of Orient Express, the friendly Vietnam Black line i've been working since my early days of breeding.
Does that mean the Vietnamese Black x Thai you offered some time back was in fact Orient Express crossed with the Meao Thai or did you keep that one single female Nam Black as mom all those years?
Not sure what you mean... :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The Vietnam Black I grew was around 98-99, and the stuff was so damn trippy and racy. I got the seeds from a friend of the guy that grew it in my area. He apparently got the seeds from his Dad who was old enough to make it plausible, and he knew his weed. Never steered me wrong so i labeled it as such. Def can not say for sure it was VB, as its all hearsay but holy hell was that a potent pure sativa.

Took about 14 weeks from seed and 11-12 from clone, very thin leaf, medium yield of fluffy but not airy buds. No ceiling. Tasted like carrot, citrus, rubber, and slightly woody. Just to effn strong for me, and pretty much anyone i talked to. I sent the rest of my beans to a friend who grew them out in the Carolinas, had same experience, and thats the last i heard about it. Noone ever called it warm and friendly tho. My wife found me up a tree once after puffing that devil cabbage, apparently looking for owls.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Does that mean the Vietnamese Black x Thai you offered some time back was in fact Orient Express crossed with the Meao Thai or did you keep that one single female Nam Black as mom all those years?
Not sure what you mean... :)

Hi Only Ornamental,

We kept the selected Vietnam Black mother and she was pollinated with thai to produce the Vietnam Black x Thai limited edition, and with China Yunnan to produce Orient Express hybrid.