What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

plans for vert but is it better off flat?

Sqydro

ok so heres my horrific drawing of my aero garden im planning builduing next week or when ever my aero misters get delivered from america ( my uniseals took 6 weeks)

top view....

picture.php

side view....

picture.php

so that gives u the general idea. the drawings a disgrace agreed but once u stop laughing id like to hear thoughts on this, would i be better off running this flat and have 3 x 600w in coolhoods above it? i really dont wanna go back to flat gardens as this way is much more efficiant and easyer for enviromental control etc etc. i could also run perp this way if i ran vert bulbs.

anyway any advice comments or just to compliment me on my microsoft paint skills then fire away

thanks sqydro

MIway

Veteran
Actly, good draw'n!

Only way vert bulbs make sense is if u wrap em 360' w plants. I shld say that to achv the yield effcy, u need to wrap. Just for exmple... You cld tech run the tubes 8-9' and also add end caps w plants on either side... And the inside of the end bulbs r wasted, along w both sides of the middle bulb... They r shining onto eachother vs directly on plants and/or reflected back to the canopy. Of that makes sense at all. Wastin some of the area u cld cover w plants, so not achv'n the most fr the bulbs.

W that line of thinkin, wld rather use hori hoods w the a frame layout, just spread it to best of ability. Buit it sure is easier and cheaper to run em bare verti. Just an opinion to start u off w. Gl... Should b a fun project! Peace

Sqydro

thanks for the input, yeah like a donut grow or heaths flooded tube with 2 x stacked 600s i see people on here doing stadium/colloseum grows with this style lighting layout thats what gave me the idea...

i really dont wanna go back hori lol once u vert ul never revert they say

D

DHF

Hey Bro.....Stadiums work....just not as efficiently as MiWay stated with plants all up the 4 walls so the sideways blastin lumens can make the benefit of growin as many plants as possible for max yields......so....

Good luck and holler if we can help.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

Sqydro

yeah thats y i thought id be better running it hori or running a flooded tube effort like heath did and stacking 2 x 600s

Heres a guys grow i know of who did something similar. Get in touch with him and im sure he will be able to give you the rundown.

He"s a member here, check pm.

Attachments

• heheh.jpg
    heheh.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts