What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The stuff I get up to

Dion

So after being away a while I thought Id just start a new thread and stay in my lane over here...

I'm prototypng some grow lights and coral lights for production now so I'll go ahead and show you guys some stuff as its made.

Teaser: 50w lights with adjustable blue/red/cob + far red on an internal timer and uv also on a dimmer....for around $150...

yum yum...oh also i have a dremmel now

:thank you:

Dion

What do you guys think about a 31w light, passive cooling, with red, cob and blue each on its own dimmable circuit all the way down to zero, able to deliver 740ppfd in a 1x1ft space that would retail for around 130 USD?

is it worth having a digital timer on the light itself?

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dion,
can you even pack this many features in a not too big box?
If it's easy to use then my answer is yes but I'd prefer a few more watts for more money, like a dimmable 50-100W fixture for 250€.

kushedy

Hi Dion

I think a lot of people would be interested once the word gets out on the product. Much as I love this site the LED section on RIU gets far more attention than this one. You would probably get a lot more feedback there.
I like many already took the plunge & went DIY a while ago so the whole unit you mentioned is not for me but......if you were to consider 2 models perhaps?
One as you mentioned & one which just has the supplemental's (reds/far reds & UV) with a controller of some sort I think you would be able to cover a much wider customer base I.e. those who presently do not own LED & those that already have bought modern LED fixtures/DIY fixtures. Just a thought.

I agree with kushedy. I have some pcb boards 200w and I use riu as a source for folks, I am doing a co-op not making money but putting products out there and helping people get in cheap.
namaste

Dion

Hi Dion,
can you even pack this many features in a not too big box?
If it's easy to use then my answer is yes but I'd prefer a few more watts for more money, like a dimmable 50-100W fixture for 250€.

dimesnions will be H100,W50,L150

the control and drivers will be in the chord, a small box about 40x30x80 (mm of course)

the larger lights are easy enough to build

Hi Dion

I think a lot of people would be interested once the word gets out on the product. Much as I love this site the LED section on RIU gets far more attention than this one. You would probably get a lot more feedback there.
I like many already took the plunge & went DIY a while ago so the whole unit you mentioned is not for me but......if you were to consider 2 models perhaps?
One as you mentioned & one which just has the supplemental's (reds/far reds & UV) with a controller of some sort I think you would be able to cover a much wider customer base I.e. those who presently do not own LED & those that already have bought modern LED fixtures/DIY fixtures. Just a thought.

thanks, i like your idea of a solely suplemental light, could be used in conjuction with any light source

really cool idea

I agree with kushedy. I have some pcb boards 200w and I use riu as a source for folks, I am doing a co-op not making money but putting products out there and helping people get in cheap.
namaste

to be clear I'm going to share everything open source here

:tiphat:

this looks interesting....dunno what im looking at though

ill get back to you

alas some of the parts are ariving, testing playing....

That is the gerber file the manufacturer uses to make the pcb boards with a computer and pc board using software.