What's new

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

M

Mr.23

Nice! At the last la cup I picked up (but yet to pop em)
Cc pre98, ox, grape ox, cornbread...

Happy Roots

Veteran
Much say there's many different looking bubba a in here, very nice to see tho. Thx!! :tiphat:

Here's my so called bubba kush katsu. Coffee like, and a very nice stone:biggrin:

picture.php

twisted treez

We have pre 98 bubbah and it looks like the one above from ograskal the first picture but not the last picture ours is fast turns purple hard fence bugs they are not very conical though we cured it out and our friend that's an old school smoker said it taste like opium and smells like a purple kush ! Outdoors in the mountains it realy puts out and performs in a short growing season

This and Sour Bubble looks very similar...veeerryyy similar......and also I grew out some beans a verteran grower gave me. He told me that they were outstanding. I grew them out and he wasn't lying. They were frosty, dark coffee smelling and potent. I don't know if they are pure Bubba or a hybrid. Let me find a pic.....

RedDemon

It really makes me wonder where that strain came from.How long ago did those bubbas come around?I know this has probably been discussed a zillion times but those pics are of sour bubble,and if that means bubba came from B.O.G or that he used it for his sour bubble i dont know but thats what i grew when i did his SB:dunno:

Brelva

BOG has claimed that Sour Bubble is both a pure Bogbubble backcross and Bubba Kush x Bogbubble. How they can both be true I have no idea but there ya go.

Bubba existed way before Sour Bubble though, that much is certain.

Gry

Veteran
Some beautiful pictures in this thread. Love the colors it put out near the end.
Lost the coffee soaked in hash cut that I have had for a long time, replaced it with one that gives me a better yield and still has great flavor, but has a bit more sour feel to it and it really works well for me. Each was sold as pre 98.
Wish I still had the first cut, The flavor was better. More hash oil like. The new cut has less of the coffee/ hash oil flavor though the flavors are still there but there is also a sour in it that really works for me. The yield of this one is twice what the first cut was and flavor of this is still real real nice.
This new cut I have seems stronger, it really works so well for me, I feel real fortunate to have it. The shop where I got it flowered it for 8 weeks. I like it when it gets at 13 weeks plus, more is better. I feel really blessed and really spoiled with it.

Last edited:
M

Mr.23

Gry so you took the bubba at 13 weeks?.. thats sativa time there! Would you say that 98 bubba tastes good without a cure?

talktosamson

Veteran
I have a pretty large pre 98 that I am getting ready to flower, first time I have had her back in the stable in many years. Not a fast vegger this girl, My moms right now are GG 4, Platinum GSC and Pre 98 Bubba. Probably keep these three for a long time.

Cool Moe

Veteran
Been running verdant's pre98 s1s outdoors in FLA those gems are nearly bulletproof to the humidity. One of the most rot-resistant strains I've ever seen.

From my experience Bubba and other Kush plants carry a mold resistant gene .. I ve never seen one rot but PM on the other hand I have seen attack the bubba

R

Raw_Dog

Is anyone still rocking the Pre98 cut? I'm placing calls to get it back, asap.