What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Have yall seen the SMOG in China's cities?
Dirtiest air on earth and those people are living until old age!

I haven't met a respiritory therapist yet that doesn't smoke cigarettes or hasn't in the past.

You vapor nazis are fuckin silly with your elitist attitudes
:laughing:

You must spread some reputation around, before giving it to MJPassion again.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Reputation can be earned with BitCoins and become nearly as tangible as this virtual world these days.
Wait... Icmag sells reputation points for bitcoin?? I think there's a cross connection somewhere in the lines, and we're not discussing the same things. lol :) No worries.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
No elite attitude. Vaping is something you may decide to switch over to as you quit smoking, perhaps not. I can feel the benefit, compared to smoking. Another member displays home engineered devices with all kinds of graphs and explanation.

And then a couple of naysayers are not contributing useful substance to the thread which went down in the last two pages. Vaping reduces consumption rate which is the same thing as saying you get higher for your money.

When vaporizing 0.2 grams of flower once or twice per day is enough for one user, combustion such as paper joints is rendered obsolete. Whether it means I will continue to use a small battery oven or move to rosin or something else is up in the air.

Burning is an exothermic reaction in other words self sustaining. With a vaporizer the heat must be provided and controlled from another source which can become complex and costly.

A reasonable parallel may be drawn to electric cars. Even without showing suppression of electric vehicles by interests related to petroleum, battery cars may be getting close in 2019.

Although the vaporizer has been around for a long time it still feels rich or luxurious futuristic to inhale only vapor no smoke.

How much is your body worth, if they can be made affordable enough or user friendly. A rolling paper is the cheapest and most rapid inefficient way to consume herb. Purchasing one will pay for itself within an ounce of flower at least until the novelty wears off for smokers.

While I am not associated with any company selling vaporizers, it is easily conceivable for some commercial cannabis production entity to advertise or make claims regarding a rapid inefficient consumption of cannabis.

I am a grower who promotes consumers saving their cannabis.

Purely speculative whether another grower devotes any effort to interfere with that or promotes inefficient consumption to the detriment of the user.

Last edited:
G

Sorry but you can't breed or grow tar and carbon out of a plant. Its a taint to the vapor, in any amount. No matter how rich the bud, there's gonna be black tar in the bowl. Until you grow a single giant waterballoon trichome on a vine, this will remain true. Maybe Monsanto or GW is working on that?

Amen!!! :tiphat:

In a few days I complete a year combustion free.Wish I would have done it earlier.

I believe most people find it even harder to convert to vaping if they are mixing weed with tobacco(like I did for 20 years).I couldn't even convert to just smoking straight weed.The nicotine+weed combo is a different drug itself :biggrin:

Nowadays if I accidentally combust one of my butane vapes,I feel like sucking a chimney flavoured soup... :puke:

I guess if someone smokes very little it doesn't really affect his health...Probably less than some weekends that I am blowing thick high temp vapours full time.But I can't look away from the benefits to my health.No coughing,no phlegm/tar spitting,better breathing,cured even some imaginary issues I had :laughing: Also some people aren't sensitive to smoke or carcinogens,while others are.

I'd say I also save a lot of money,but I'm wasting a lot on vapes (but...wait...still saving a lot of money! And weeeeed !!!Also...you know...you keep the vape lol)

Edit:The downside is that it is not as practical as smoking...Butane vapes make it better...But you can also vape in places you couldn't smoke with some tiny vapes ,so maybe it balances this a bit(especially in prohibitionland).

Also would like to say that I am not preaching,just saying my experience.It's a free(ha-ha)world.Almost all of my friends are smokers.I don't share joints with them and don't preach them,even if I should.

Another thing,if you think you don't get high with vapes,try a newvape flowerpot or a herborizer ti or almost any convection butane vape if you get a chance.And vapes are getting smaller,more powerful,need less charging,smarter,will take your jobs and wives and :muahaha:....

herbgreen

Veteran
Followed the LINK in your signature. You're a vape salesman. It all makes sense now. We're on different grids, yeah, lol.:laughing:

Egzoset is a vape salesman! lol

well, it looks like maybe he makes these things also....ok I can dig it :biggrin:

I think I would start feeling like a crackhead in hurry using one of these torch powerd vapes.....

And i would wonder what sort of alchmecial, chemical, intense molten things I may be creating for my lungs to breathe even if its stainless or glass or ceramic whatever

Yeah, we have seen these pics before around here....its a vapor genie type unit Considering batteries are the other poratable alterative but i looked at that argo thats seems well designed

I know underdog vape had a tragic loss of their workshop in the norcal paradise fire as long as we are pugging things...they need help!

they still have a few things left and also a go fund page they are rebooting up in oregon and have to start over... good people

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
No elite attitude. Vaping is something you may decide to switch over to as you quit smoking, perhaps not. I can feel the benefit, compared to smoking. Another member displays home engineered devices with all kinds of graphs and explanation.

Good for you.

And then a couple of naysayers are not contributing useful substance to the thread which went down in the last two pages. Vaping reduces consumption rate which is the same thing as saying you get higher for your money.

Prove it.

When vaporizing 0.2 grams of flower once or twice per day is enough for one user, combustion such as paper joints is rendered obsolete. Whether it means I will continue to use a small battery oven or move to rosin or something else is up in the air.

That doesn’t sound pompous.

Burning is an exothermic reaction in other words self sustaining. With a vaporizer the heat must be provided and controlled from another source which can become complex and costly.

Huh?

A reasonable parallel may be drawn to electric cars. Even without showing suppression of electric vehicles by interests related to petroleum, battery cars may be getting close in 2019.

How is it reasonable to make THAT parallel? You still haven’t PROVEN that vaping is more efficient than smoking. And are you saying anybody is trying to suppress vaping?

Although the vaporizer has been around for a long time it still feels rich or luxurious futuristic to inhale only vapor no smoke.

“Your mileage may vary…”

How much is your body worth, if they can be made affordable enough or user friendly. A rolling paper is the cheapest and most rapid inefficient way to consume herb. Purchasing one will pay for itself within an ounce of flower at least until the novelty wears off for smokers.

“How much is your body worth” ASSUMES that smoking is harmful. Prove that.

While I am not associated with any company selling vaporizers, it is easily conceivable for some commercial cannabis production entity to advertise or make claims regarding a rapid inefficient consumption of cannabis.

Sure, I bet.

I am a grower who promotes consumers saving their cannabis.

I have doubts.

Purely speculative whether another grower devotes any effort to interfere with that or promotes inefficient consumption to the detriment of the user.

I would never devote any effort to interfere in you spouting your nonsense. Spout on, Brother!

Egzoset

Followed the LINK in your signature. You're a vape salesman.

Oh, so you're the liar who managed to get my Google+ Photo album link removed. Good for you, that's quite an impressive way to cease control of a discussion which displease your obvious bad taste...

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I hope someone didn't complain to have Egzoset's photos removed, that would be petty. We're discussing an important topic in a public forum. And it appears we may have a poor sport whose only purpose is to argue or cause argument. Not for me, not here please. It isn't "my thread," though I would remove negativity from it given the choice. Some prompts do not warrant a response. For example a choice to smoke, or vaporize, isn't the same as long winded posts against vaporizing, think about it for a bit. The man in the first post is still relevant though I admit it sounds a little bit like a click bait title.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Interesting, a study showing that vaporizing your herb does in fact get you higher, though the study involved 'moderate smokers' looks like the results are pro vape. In my experience, I feel like I get higher from a small bong load than I would from a small vape load, but that may just be psychosomatic.

Key Points:

Question How does smoked and vaporized cannabis acutely influence subjective drug effects, cognitive and psychomotor performance, and cardiovascular measures in healthy adults who infrequently use cannabis (>30 days since last use)?

Findings In a crossover trial of 17 healthy adults, inhalation of smoked and vaporized cannabis containing 10 mg of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) produced discriminative drug effects and modest impairment of cognitive functioning, while inhalation of a 25-mg dose of THC was associated with pronounced drug effects, increased incidence of adverse effects, and significant impairment of cognitive and psychomotor ability. Vaporized cannabis produced greater pharmacodynamic effects and higher concentrations of THC in blood compared with equal doses of smoked cannabis.

Meaning Significant, sometimes adverse, drug effects can occur at relatively low THC doses in infrequent cannabis users, and accordingly these data should be considered with regard to regulation of retail cannabis products and education for individuals initiating cannabis use.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2716990

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Oh, so you're the liar who managed to get my Google+ Photo album link removed. Good for you, that's quite an impressive way to cease control of a discussion which displease your obvious bad taste...

No, I just followed your link.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Egzoset=art.spliff, same person. How dumb do you think we are?
[/FONT]

Egzoset

Euh...

Jellyfish
This message is hidden because Jellyfish is on your ignore list.
M'well i'm sure Art.Spliff can appreciate the level of aggravation involved and it's a cyclic phenomena since 2010.

Diffamation intended to suppress evidence only meant as a DiY invitation, at a bargain cost compared to the extravagant suggestions that keep pouring in from multi-id individuals who make a dime on it, obviously. So it's kind of amusing to be called a nazi purist while i'm also mocked for exploiting stainless steel in a pulse-heating consumption method... Etc., etc. just type "Egzoset Banned" in the search field to get the rest of it, this was only a sample!

Honestly, who wants to take advice from guys this cheap?? Imagine a multi-hundred dollars purchase...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

herbgreen

Veteran
Egzoset you can always just get vendor membership to promote goods like that

If you are two entities in one thread I think thats against the rules here but who knows

I personally cant endorse that sort of pipe.....seems dangerous

but then again its a lot like one of these....

https://vaporgenie.com/spiral-walnut-hand-carved-vg-vaporizer

And I think they have been around a long time so people must like the concept

T

Teddybrae

I 'm sure Dory Previn smoked joints rather than ate hash.

No matter ... She wrote:

"Let's stop talking, talking, talking
taking up our lives.
justifying, alibiing, hoping help arrives.
Words of wonder, words of whether,
we go on as mad as a hatter.
Yadi Yada, yadi yadi, yi yi ya ..."

Egzoset

Salutations HerbGreen,

Egzoset you can always just get vendor membership to promote goods...

Judging from my perspective this is most insulting if you consider that a dozen VG pipes were purchased, many destroyed and the rest OFFERED AS GIFT - FOR FREE - AS IN NO CASH EXCHANGE ACCEPTED. No lease neither, never a string attached.

This is nothing but a desperate decoy to justify cyber-bullying, in a house of mirrors.

The fact is that i patiently resolved a difficult problem of which the final solution cost me a couple thousand dollars and more than five years while being toyed around by installed trolls who can't even understand what they see once it's been tested and validated. Ready for INDEPENDANT DUPLICATION & PEER REVIEW, the rational way.

The rest is noise perpetuated to serve individuals who ain't here to serve anyone else than themselves. They're jealous-mad and i can understand the fear that a true pioneer will finally decide that such waste of time and resources lasted long enough. It's about time but i can come back in 10 years and the foundations will be as solid as they are today. Actually i'm awaiting hands-on demonstration of features to be corrected, good luck breaking a KISS concept with only 3 basic components!

If you are two entities...

You see that's coming out of THEIR imaginations, because that's how the constant harrassment is possible since 2010. Just search Google for "Egzoset 2010" to get a sample. There is no system where i can be found guilty of such behaviour because i don't need it and i stand in support of my publications. No need to play troll games, not to mention they're only a collection of photons & electrons that exist because MY browser specifically addressed one of their favorite server after they took over the place. Egzoset never relied on such cheat tricks.

...the rules here...

The rules here are totally elastic depending on who's saying what. When they get tired the usual conclusion is a ban, which would be the end of the world as you can imagine...

aHummm!

Anyway never forget it's the members who are the real valuable "material", potent/powerful topics find no echo here for a reason!

I personally cant endorse that sort of pipe.....seems dangerous...

M'yeah, i heard that before (more PMs in background, hey??)... You've been well trained. The point remains that none of the experimentations has ever been duplicated and yet it doesn't seem like it matters that nobody has even had access to what they demolish symbolically with passion. That alone tells me about the imposture, but you're a grown up after all.

...then again its a lot like one of these...

No it's not, so i observe nobody here knows what they're demonizing with such satisfaction. Were're talking about a conceptual extension of a patent invented by Dan Steinberg, for starters, which means if i were making any money with it i'd be a cloner and it's exactly what got me attacked here, because i warned that i do not endorse the stealing of intellectual property.

Fig. 11/12 was a good idea back in 2002, if i'm not mistaking, it still was when my iterations eventually started to converge with this special configuration, with the exception that i immediately recognized potential for induction heat and hence "Bi-Energy" which belong in half to VaporGenie since i based my work on their registered product. So it's pure diffamation to imply that i may be a thief and all the forged stuff imported from other places since 2010.

My inspiration was to add a 3rd layer to form a sandwich structure, then 4 in "Plan-B". My hybrid Core's PinHole contribution was finally verified last week and that's what my photo collection is for: to share the "fun"... With people who feel like playing to break the toys of others.

The fact is i was never able to operate a VaporGenie pipe until a few months ago and yet i immediately stopped trying because combustion incidents continued to occur. The corrective i've created as an extension comes with different functional principles and ritual. You're judging a novel consumption method which nobody else can comment from 1st-person experience, which isn't only cheap. In any case time works for me and i don't even need to keep staying around: i know it's unavoidable, you'll get captured too if you dare open an eye or both: it's a black hole and past that point the Volcano/Arizer seem quite futile, to be polite.

And specifically about that, this is the perfect place where anonymous trolls can muck really donated investment and gain "love" points for it...

Enjoy your stay, i particularly recommend caution when you visit FuckCombustion, VaporAsylum, VapeLife and other similar sites with installed gurus to feed. That should feel right at home i guess, then maybe a few years later we talk again. That's all the spare-time i had to waste today.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited: