What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Internet and the Spread of Illiteracy

S

Sertaiz

got compashun 4 yoo bra. w8 an c if can learn more better ralph wigwam styls. muther was engleesh teeecher an she talks more shortsaws than me in emales. reversed it no pollin

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Reminiscing over the benefits of acquiring a formal education, Bob Dylan reportedly once observed that "One thing I learned in college, is that a lot of people go to college."

My personal preference is to construct legible sentences, and to spell words in the traditional way, because for me at least, cryptic abbreviations and cute text-message mis-spellings take considerably longer to read and understand than does good old-fashioned English language prose, as taught in high school and college.

That said, I should of stood in bed.