What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

cone

Growing 2 for cuttings & the one on the right will have a light to itself.
picture.php

Full room.
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That shit looks pristine and beautiful. Can't wait to see what comes out of those! I'll try to grab a couple pics of my clones this weekend if I can remember.

cone

That shit looks pristine and beautiful. Can't wait to see what comes out of those! I'll try to grab a couple pics of my clones this weekend if I can remember.

Lol, it may look beautiful but does it perform like it says on the box?

Yeah, man grab some pics be nice to see you have succeeded thing's can only get better from here on out bud!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Got two clones kicking so far. One looks really tall and nice and is growing exponentially each week. The other one is rooted and growing but looks gnarly.
picture.php

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If anybody still following along, I just moved 6 clones from the DWC to the grow tent. All 6 of them had roots popping out! Fingers crossed, I have finally cracked this nut.

cone

If anybody still following along, I just moved 6 clones from the DWC to the grow tent. All 6 of them had roots popping out! Fingers crossed, I have finally cracked this nut.

I'm still with you brother have no doubt about that!

That's absolutely fantastic mate what have you changed to finally getting success? Doesn't really matter the main thing is your getting roots!

Keep up the good work my friend let us know how they do in the tent!

Take care AP

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm still with you brother have no doubt about that!

That's absolutely fantastic mate what have you changed to finally getting success? Doesn't really matter the main thing is your getting roots!

Keep up the good work my friend let us know how they do in the tent!

Take care AP
I honestly don't know bro! I think the DWC with that dynagro KLN is what is really doing it. Maybe I just got enough practice to tell a good branch from a bad one and can finally take a proper cutting? I feel like they are rooting despite me, not because of me, ya know :D

Mengsk

The plan is to get or build something closer to what you'd see at the store. This is actually an accidental snap, try to save it going to see what happens. I think it would work with an airstone and/or cover on top.

cone

I honestly don't know bro! I think the DWC with that dynagro KLN is what is really doing it. Maybe I just got enough practice to tell a good branch from a bad one and can finally take a proper cutting? I feel like they are rooting despite me, not because of me, ya know :D

Your obviously doing something right brother otherwise you would still be waiting for a root to grow!
What's KLN? You know a good & bad place is to take cuttings, Are you doubting yourself?
I know what your getting at lol

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I started using KLN recently and it works pretty good. For me, it seems to calus up the stem real well and I get hella root bumps everywhere. But the roots never shoot out until I change the water and exclude the KLN. Not sure why. :dunno: I’ve mixed the KLN at 5ml/gal and 1ml/gal...same result.

Anybody else experiencing similar results with KLN?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I started using KLN recently and it works pretty good. For me, it seems to calus up the stem real well and I get hella root bumps everywhere. But the roots never shoot out until I change the water and exclude the KLN. Not sure why. :dunno: I’ve mixed the KLN at 5ml/gal and 1ml/gal...same result.

Anybody else experiencing similar results with KLN?
I have a DWC setup and what I've noticed in my tiny amount of experience is the parts in the water callus up a ton and will bust roots out when placed into a medium, but I'm only getting actual roots at any nodes above water to air interface. I am thinking of running my next batch with lower water than is recommended in the manual to test this out. I am currently KLN running at 15ml/gallon I think, it says 3 tsp per gallon on the container if I'm remembering correctly.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
To promote root growth, create a rooting solution by dissolving an aspirin in a gallon of water.
Aspirin or growing near willow trees is supposed to be really good at protecting your plants as well. There are a few threads on here about it I'm pretty sure.

cone

I always doubt myself. And kln is https://dyna-gro.com/k-l-n/ it's really good from what I can tell. Came highly recommended and it seems to work even for somebody bad at cloning as I seem to be :D

I know what that feels like bud you're getting there though having how many rooted successfully?
we all have it at some point anybody who says different is a liar.
I've got it now! The same thing as last grow but the what fixed that problem isn't working this time pissing off something chronic.
Dyna-gro seems to have a lot of good products what do you use as your base nutrients?