What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump threatens medical cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyBulldog

At this point I hope Trump makes a stance on MMJ. Every time Trump acts, snowflakes go into nuclear meltdown. If Trump did take a hard stance on MMJ, Cali would make it a sanctuary state for cannabis.

Jhhnn

Veteran
At this point I hope Trump makes a stance on MMJ. Every time Trump acts, snowflakes go into nuclear meltdown. If Trump did take a hard stance on MMJ, Cali would make it a sanctuary state for cannabis.

Yeh, it's all about the delicious liberal tears.

igrowone

Veteran
and it just gets better, latest tweet from the trumpzone

(CNN)President Donald Trump issued a thinly veiled threat Friday to fired FBI Director James Comey.
"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press," the President tweeted.

oldchuck

Veteran
I hope the moderators take a flexible attitude toward these obviously political threads. Weed is a small time concern in today's world. This republic is under attack and I have my doubts we can survive it. America will suffer more and more and the rest of the world will also suffer. We need the discussions.

EDR

Trump Signs Executive Order to Legalize Marijuana in all 50 States.

So did he and is it? Trump is not the problem. Sessions was a bad pick. Likely has ties to the pharmaceutical industry and is part of the good old boys club. The pharmaceutical industry is likely behind sessions actions.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I hope the moderators take a flexible attitude toward these obviously political threads. Weed is a small time concern in today's world. This republic is under attack and I have my doubts we can survive it. America will suffer more and more and the rest of the world will also suffer. We need the discussions.

Agreed. Trumpism is the result of decades of venomous right wing agitprop, a giant "Screw You!" to the rest of America & the world, a nasty outbreak of misplaced pride & resentment. We must do better & ongoing cannabis legalization is part of doing better.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sessions could be in big trouble if he had any involvement in Comey’s firing as he recused himself from having anything to do with the Russian situation/investigation.

As far as the signing statement, those comments about MMJ are there because of the legality of it in a Federal sense. Whether it will amount to anything is the wildcard but it sure is a political hot potato.

I wonder what the DOJ is thinking about what’s going on with Vermont. If the governor signs the legalization legislation it will be a first for a state government to legislate legalization.

EDR

Agreed. Trumpism is the result of decades of venomous right wing agitprop, a giant "Screw You!" to the rest of America & the world, a nasty outbreak of misplaced pride & resentment. We must do better & ongoing cannabis legalization is part of doing better.

So you're against his eo legalizing mm in all 50 states?

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Every time I hear Sessions open his tiny little evil perverted Keebler elf mouth I cringe.
It's the sound of our freedoms being stripped to the bone and then desecrated in public.

"Weed is Evil" is the mantra of this giant ahole and your boy Trump put him in charge of the laws concerning drugs.

How much more of an apocalypse do you want? Are you waiting for plagues of frogs, locusts and boils before you recognize the problem?

What a friggin joke.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
It's now policy. Trump Administration will go for maximum sentencing in all drug crime prosecutions.

Sessions’ office releases memo to all 94 US attorneys calling for reversal of Holder-era policy
Published May 12, 2017
Fox News

Sessions' office calls for reversal of Holder-era policy

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' office sent out a letter late Thursday to the nation's federal prosecutors instructing them to pursue the most serious charges possible against most criminal suspects.

The move will send more people to prison and for much longer terms by triggering mandatory minimum sentences.

Officials at the Department of Justice said the new guidelines are a direct rebuttal of policies implemented under President Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder.

The memo is already being referred to as “the Sessions Memo.” The 94 U.S. attorneys were instructed in the memo to “charge and pursue the most serious and readily provable offense.”

These cases often carry the longest sentences.The memo also brings back into effect mandatory minimum sentences, which are expected to increase prosecutions and the prison population.

Holder, who served under the Obama administration, implemented the “Smart on Crime” drug sentencing policy that focused on not incarcerating people who committed low level non-violent crimes.

The Obama administration used the “Smart on Crime” policy to combat what they believed was a high number of prosecutions of non-violent drug offenders. DOJ officials call it a “false narrative” and say unless a gun is involved, most of those cases aren’t charged period.

Officials say Holder’s “Smart on Crime” policy “convoluted the process,” and left prosecutors applying the law unevenly, which they said “is not Justice.”

Critics of the shift say it will revive the worst aspects of the drug war. But Sessions has said a spike in violence in some big cities shows the need for a return to tougher tactics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-calling-for-reversal-holder-era-policy.html

Ready4

Veteran

Exactly. You did leave out the part of their total ignorance.

All they can do is deflect to "Hillary !" , "Obama" & call people who are intelligent enough to oppose 'snowflakes" .
They just repeat each others little nonsense childish babble , totally incapable of thinking for themselves.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
This is well beyond Right and Left. This is beyond BEYOND! Surely there must be a point when we (the fkn world) can agree that SOMETHING's "fishy".

I agree with oldchuck and others in thier request of the mods and gypsy for special consideration to be possibly given to this thread.

Everyone in world should be scratching thier heads at the very least in my opinion. I couldn't fault whole countries for having trouble sleeping either.

I am beyond be affected at all by names and phrases like "snowflake" and "fake news". I promise to not lower myself to my comfort zone and will refrain from using similar tactics.

I have little doubt that we will ALL be on the same side soon enough anyways.

On a side note.... I'm throwing my name in the ring for first person to call Sessions "Keebler elf"! Hahaha IM THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!!

I love you Mom!!

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
i think our countdown to sanity is starting today, things are just getting too over the top
that said, it's the drug policies that are getting in place could stay in place for a while
so i guess we fight it like we've been fighting it, inform all that will listen that it's wrong and will create more grief than it solves

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
i think our countdown to sanity is starting today, things are just getting too over the top
that said, it's the drug policies that are getting in place could stay in place for a while
so i guess we fight it like we've been fighting it, inform all that will listen that it's wrong and will create more grief than it solves

If over 50% of America believe cannabis should be "legalized", I'm not sure it matters how many more we inform. I agree we have little else to do, but if the government doesn't care about the majority of Americans wants now..... 99% is no different. Majority is just the majority until it's ALL of America. If that's what it's gonna take, unless the number of informed Americans grows exponentially, we got a lot of battles still to fight. I guess we gotta make sure it grows exponentially.

When I was a kid I was relentless! No one could escape the truth! FUCK PEER PRESSURE! I forced everyone I knew to smoke weed!hahaha I've become soft in my old age! I guess I gotta start hanging out at junior high schools and puffin some mofkrs out!haha

But seriously..... yeah. Just keep on keeping on!

igrowone

Veteran
just to put out there what has just happened
the potus has publicly committed witness tampering/intimidation
it's all over the news wires at the moment, lots of legal commentaries popping up
this was a crime, and a serious one

brown_thumb

If over 50% of America believe cannabis should be "legalized", I'm not sure it matters how many more we inform. I agree we have little else to do, but if the government doesn't care about the majority of Americans wants now..... 99% is no different. Majority is just the majority until it's ALL of America. If that's what it's gonna take, unless the number of informed Americans grows exponentially, we got a lot of battles still to fight. I guess we gotta make sure it grows exponentially.

When I was a kid I was relentless! No one could escape the truth! FUCK PEER PRESSURE! I forced everyone I knew to smoke weed!hahaha I've become soft in my old age! I guess I gotta start hanging out at junior high schools and puffin some mofkrs out!haha

But seriously..... yeah. Just keep on keeping on!

I agree with some of what you wrote except... How did you "force everyone you knew to smoke weed"? Hanging out at Jr High schools smoking weed will get you busted for certain... and in a very very bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts