What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I hadn’t removed #3 from her spot in the garden for a long time. Doing so tonight to grab some pics I realized she is doing much better than I thought. She had a few crispy fans here and there but after cleaning her up and looking her over she looks to be fairing rather well.

Got two profile looks. Couldn’t decide between the two so I am putting both up.

Smells of Pre-98, but there's something else there. And it doesn't smell of cheese, to me, or at this time. But definitely the funkier smelling of the three. I am working on trying to better describe the funk.

#3 day 57:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Looking amazing.

Thanks man! Getting really excited about these. All are super dense. #1, even though the flowers are more elongated, is just as dense - if not more so. Was checking that density (squeezing) on some lowers tonight. And the terp profile is definitely either different lower on the plant, or just changing quickly. Have never grown Cheese but I think that’s what I am starting to smell from #1. I think she’s more WR leaning. (?)

One of the things I liked about Pre-98 was no real popcorn/larf. Even lower flowers, though smaller, were “filled out.” That trait seems to have carried over. Vigor was there in this cross, and yield looks like it will be very respectable.

A friend referred to the look of #2 as “classic” - YES! I like the sound of that. A couple classics joined together here...

Props to all who love and work to maintain the old-school classics! :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for all the great pics and observations Shmavis!
they both look great and it's nice to see the structure of the plants. This cross does seem to keep the density of bubba but with longer flowers.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thank you for some great plants!

I always appreciate full plant shots, so try to share what I find regarding structure/stature. It’s an important factor to me as a grower. I figure it might be to others as well. Even though a lot of that can be controlled/manipulated. It’s nice to have an idea of what to expect.

Will most likely be taking #2 and #3 this weekend, at 77 days. Light cycle is at 10/14 and has been for about a week and a half. (Mostly to try to hurry along Lemon Cello, lol)

I found the same as Slab reported, the bubblegum smell is gone. She has a great funk, no doubt! But that bubblegum smell would’ve rivaled a straight bubblegum line! It was late enough into flower that I thought it would keep it. Maybe hints of it will show in the cure.

Bud pics were taken at day 70, trichs at 71.

#2:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
#3 still wins for frost. Spicy/hashy upfront, then hints of garlic. Cannot wait to sample these plants - feel strongly that I am going to be very pleased!

#3 day 74:

picture.php
picture.php

Frosty lowers:

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
both plants look great shmavis, i hope they pass the smoke test!

must be chop time soon? looking at the trics..

Slab

They have that same shade of green and frosted white look that all my plants have had from 1 pack.
Hope they deliver what you are looking for.
Lovely looking plants!!
Thanks for posting up ypur pics.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Lovely plants and beautiful photos, Shmavis! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Samuel! Really pleased to have popped three beans, and end up with three lovely ladies!

both plants look great shmavis, i hope they pass the smoke test!

must be chop time soon? looking at the trics..

I have little doubt that they’ll smoke great! Might not be exactly the effect I most desire, but don’t think I’ll be disappointed.

Yes, I removed both #2 & #3 last night for a few days of dark before chopping. #1 as recently as last weekend still had white wooly pistils. Still the least frosty but more elongated and very dense flowers - definitely the big yielder of the three. I think the reduced light cycle has really sped things up for her. I also dimmed my light to about 75% around four days ago. Plan to check trichs tonight and get a full plant pic up.

They have that same shade of green and frosted white look that all my plants have had from 1 pack.
Hope they deliver what you are looking for.
Lovely looking plants!!
Thanks for posting up ypur pics.

Thank you, Sir! That’s good to hear about the coloring. I was hoping for more of a fade...

Grabbed a couple pics of #1 last night.

#1 day 76:

picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
#1 has a cheese funk going on. Didn't realize how much so until removed tonight. #2 & #3 are much more similar to each other than to #1. Will be checking trichs later tonight or tomorrow. Thinking she'll push out till week twelve.

#1 day 77:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Happy Sunday!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look like fat dense buds!

hope the potency is there for you, i didnt take mine so long but was impressed with how wasted they got me.... 12 weeks should equal more potency still i hope.

VG

Slab

Wow!!! 11-12 weeks flower... They are going to be great!!! Hope you can make it to the keyboard to let us know what you think of her.
Best wishes to you.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
they look like fat dense buds!

hope the potency is there for you, i didnt take mine so long but was impressed with how wasted they got me.... 12 weeks should equal more potency still i hope.

VG

For only 420w of light? I am impressed! But I think the yield on this one is in the genetics. After back-to-back runs with this COB panel, this will definitely be the largest yielding plant. She’s really been lacking in nose throughout the majority of the grow. Just a light metallic smell - but that’s mostly missing now. Much funkier these days.

I took Pre-98 at 10 weeks. And a lab confirmed what I saw looking at trichs: predominately clear and cloudy with few milky and amber. Since I am hoping for a heavy hitter from these three, I figured I’d push out a bit. But I also really wonder about the light in relation to finish time. I have read where most say LED grown plants often finish sooner... but I don’t feel like I found that for either run. And about five years ago I tried to flower three girls under a “burple” panel and by almost week six I was so discouraged at the lack of maturity and size of the flowers that I added some HPS at week six, and that all still didn’t come down until week 14 - a couple of which should’ve been 10 weeks, tops. I am still learning, but am pretty much sold on LED.

Anyway, super happy I was able to get my hands on these beans - thanks so much for the chance at these genetics! I am relatively new to feminized seed, and was off-put by them in the past, so it brings me great joy to pop three beans and find three great ladies, with excellent vigor and no intersex traits!

(And if I’m rambling [or not clear] it’s ‘cause I’ve been sampling some BDB #3!) :tiphat:

Wow!!! 11-12 weeks flower... They are going to be great!!! Hope you can make it to the keyboard to let us know what you think of her.
Best wishes to you.

Thanks for the laugh Slab! I hope I am unable to make it to the keyboard once sampling gets underway! :dance013:

Lots of upcoming sampling to be done. Don’t expect to get around to reporting on it for at least a couple months, but will do so. Really looking forward to your reports!

I will definitely be taking #1 this weekend at 12 weeks. Really curious to see what she weighs in at. Grabbed some trich shots tonight.

#1 day 81:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Once there's a decent cure and enough sampling done of each to report on, I will do so. Happy Growing to all!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks so much, Bobbo!

When checking on the drying of #2 and #3 last night, I noticed just how magenta-tinted #2 is. I went ahead and cut them up today to bag to continue drying. The bubblegum smell is back on #2! Was quite surprised to smell it - but it's definitely there, just not as pronounced as before. #3 has a skunk-like funk going on. Absolutely no sweetness to it. And as of now smells nothing like the Pre-98 plants I had. Have some smaller nugs of #2 set aside that are dry enough to sample tonight... :dance013:

#2:

picture.php

Happy Sunday!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Was cutting #1 up today to get bagged and also moving #2 and #3 out of bags into jars. Each is quite different looking so I grabbed a comparison pic. Left to right numerically.

picture.php

For 420w of light I think #1 yielded quite well. (Hairy flowers!)

picture.php

Early samples have #3 being most powerful. Looking forward to a good cure!

Happy Sunday!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Was cutting #1 up today to get bagged and also moving #2 and #3 out of bags into jars. Each is quite different looking so I grabbed a comparison pic. Left to right numerically.

View Image

For 420w of light I think #1 yielded quite well. (Hairy flowers!)

View Image

Early samples have #3 being most powerful. Looking forward to a good cure!

Happy Sunday!

How did they taste after the cure?

Latest posts

Latest posts