What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Get Raided!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/21/feds-raid-colorado-medical-marijuana-operations/

DENVER — Federal authorities descended without warning Thursday morning on multiple Colorado medical marijuana operations, seizing plants and executing search warrants at shops as part of what was described as an ongoing investigation.
Jeff Dorschner, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Colorado, issued a statement Thursday on the raids.
“The Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations, the Denver Police Department and state and local law enforcement are today executing lawfully obtained search warrants and seizure warrants,” said Mr. Dorschner in an email.
“One important note: Although we cannot at this time discuss the substance of this pending investigation, the operation under way today comports with the department’s recent guidance regarding marijuana enforcement matters,” he said. “As this is an ongoing investigation, no additional information will be made available.”
Agents carried out the raids in Denver and Boulder in spite of snow and below-freezing temperatures. The Boulder Daily Camera posted a photo online of a large pile of green plants sprinkled with snow outside a north Boulder grow operation.
The sale and possession of marijuana remains illegal under federal law, but the Justice Department has given states like Colorado leeway to operate medical marijuana facilities as long as they comport with federal guidelines.
In addition, Deputy Attorney General James Cole issued an Aug. 29 memo allowing Colorado and Washington to launch legalized recreational marijuana after voters approved ballot measures in November 2012 decriminalizing pot for adults 21 and over.
At the same time, the memo states that federal officials may intervene if the Justice Department’s enforcement priorities are failing to be met by state and local authorities.
Those priorities include preventing the sale and distribution of marijuana to minors; preventing revenue from sales from being diverted to criminal enterprises, and preventing the diversion of marijuana to neighboring states where the drug is banned.
“If state enforcement efforts are not sufficiently robust to protect against the harms set forth above, the federal government may seek to challenge the regulatory structure itself in addition to continuing to bring individual enforcement actions, including criminal prosecutions, focused on those harms,” said Mr. Cole in the memo.
Agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration conducted raids on Washington medical-marijuana outlets in July, while California and Montana dispensaries have also been the targets of federal crackdowns in recent years.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...o-medical-marijuana-operations/#ixzz2lJsopHCp
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

krustallos

Veteran
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/21/feds-raid-colorado-medical-marijuana-operations/

DENVER — Federal authorities descended without warning Thursday morning on multiple Colorado medical marijuana operations, seizing plants and executing search warrants at shops as part of what was described as an ongoing investigation.
Jeff Dorschner, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Colorado, issued a statement Thursday on the raids.
“The Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations, the Denver Police Department and state and local law enforcement are today executing lawfully obtained search warrants and seizure warrants,” said Mr. Dorschner in an email.
“One important note: Although we cannot at this time discuss the substance of this pending investigation, the operation under way today comports with the department’s recent guidance regarding marijuana enforcement matters,” he said. “As this is an ongoing investigation, no additional information will be made available.”
Agents carried out the raids in Denver and Boulder in spite of snow and below-freezing temperatures. The Boulder Daily Camera posted a photo online of a large pile of green plants sprinkled with snow outside a north Boulder grow operation.
The sale and possession of marijuana remains illegal under federal law, but the Justice Department has given states like Colorado leeway to operate medical marijuana facilities as long as they comport with federal guidelines.
In addition, Deputy Attorney General James Cole issued an Aug. 29 memo allowing Colorado and Washington to launch legalized recreational marijuana after voters approved ballot measures in November 2012 decriminalizing pot for adults 21 and over.
At the same time, the memo states that federal officials may intervene if the Justice Department’s enforcement priorities are failing to be met by state and local authorities.
Those priorities include preventing the sale and distribution of marijuana to minors; preventing revenue from sales from being diverted to criminal enterprises, and preventing the diversion of marijuana to neighboring states where the drug is banned.
“If state enforcement efforts are not sufficiently robust to protect against the harms set forth above, the federal government may seek to challenge the regulatory structure itself in addition to continuing to bring individual enforcement actions, including criminal prosecutions, focused on those harms,” said Mr. Cole in the memo.
Agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration conducted raids on Washington medical-marijuana outlets in July, while California and Montana dispensaries have also been the targets of federal crackdowns in recent years.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...o-medical-marijuana-operations/#ixzz2lJsopHCp
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

money-irs-space.jpg

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Places that have been raided.

Updated

1. Alameda & Federal (VIP Wellness)
2. 48th & Brighton (???)
3. Green Tree ( DID NOT GET RAIDED)
4. Mary Jane's Kitchen
5. 420 Wellness
6. Kushism
7. Marqaha
8. VIP Wellness location 2 (ex-cherry top farms)
9. Golden Goat
10. People's Choice Wellness
11. Swiss Medical (Boulder)
12. Cannamed

Last edited:

Ickis

Veteran
In the end none of the legalization efforts have worked. The states can't save people from the feds. It isn't really safe to grow marijuana anywhere in the U.S.A.

I am glad the feds don't know I grow. I am in a bad state to grow in too. Double whammy. Except they don't know.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
In the end none of the legalization efforts have worked. The states can't save people from the feds. It isn't really safe to grow marijuana anywhere in the U.S.A.

I am glad the feds don't know I grow. I am in a bad state to grow in too. Double whammy. Except they don't know.

Exactly.

I've said a number of times that state legalisation will mean fuck all really, until your local cops are willing to get into a gun battle with the feds to keep em out.

GeorgeWash

Just an update on this list, Green Tree wasn't raided etc, although people's choice did get raided and had their entire grow chopped by the feds. People's choice and green tree grow in the same warehouse so I could easily see how green tree got raided also but we were in compliance with all rules and regulations and plus we weren't on the search warrant list so Green Tree is up and running.

GeorgeWash

Green tree was not raided...

Green tree was not raided...

Places that have been raided.

1. Alameda & Federal (VIP Wellness)
2. 48th & Brighton (???)
3. Green Tree
4. Mary Jane's Kitchen
5. 420 Wellness
6. Kushism
7. Marqaha
8. VIP Wellness location 2 (ex-cherry top farms)
9. Golden Goat
10. People's Choice Wellness
11. Swiss Medical (Boulder)
12. Cannamed[/QUOTE

Just an update on this list, Green Tree wasn't raided etc, although people's choice did get raided and had their entire grow chopped by the feds. People's choice and green tree grow in the same warehouse so I could easily see how green tree got raided also but we were in compliance with all rules and regulations and plus we weren't on the search warrant list so Green Tree is up and running

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Denver pot businesses raided ahead of legal sales

f71798363f17c627430f6a70670036e0.jpg

DENVER (AP) — Federal agents raided an unknown number of marijuana dispensaries and growing sites on Thursday in Colorado, confiscating piles of marijuana plants and cartons of cannabis-infused drinks just weeks before the state allows sellers of recreational marijuana to open their doors.
The action appeared to send a message that federal authorities would be keeping a close watch on the industry as a state law legalizing pot is implemented.
The raids, conducted on a frigid, snowy morning, were the first in Colorado since the U.S. Department of Justice said in August that it wouldn't interfere with state marijuana laws as long as the drug is kept away from children, the black market and other states, among other guidelines.
In a statement, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Denver said the criminal investigations unit of the Internal Revenue Service, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and Denver authorities were involved in executing the sealed search and seizure warrants.
The raided businesses were suspected of violating more than one of the eight guidelines issued by the Justice Department.
"Although we cannot at this time discuss the substance of this pending investigation, the operation under way today comports with the department's recent guidance regarding marijuana enforcement matters," spokesman Jeff Dorschner said in a statement.
Deirdre Stepter, an IRS spokeswoman, declined to elaborate.
Daria Serna, a spokeswoman for Colorado's revenue department, which regulates the industry, said the agency was aware of the raids and would "continue to cooperate with the ongoing investigation."
Retail marijuana sales are set to begin on Jan. 1 in Colorado, though not all municipalities will be ready to regulate sales by then. For now, dispensaries are supposed to sell only to people with medical permission to use the drug. Many of the state's 500 or so existing dispensaries are making plans to convert to recreational sales.
At one of the raided dispensaries, VIP Cannabis in Denver, agents loaded boxes into a rental truck. One officer wore a surgical mask. Several operators, including some at VIP Cannabis, didn't return calls seeking comment.
In Boulder, agents raided a number of marijuana-growing warehouses, leaving a chest-high pile of pot plants on the side of a road before loading them into trucks, The Daily Camera reported.
People involved in Colorado's marijuana industry were quick to point out that the raids did not necessarily mean the federal government was going back on its word or planning to interfere with Colorado's recreational pot market.
Mike Elliott, a spokesman for the Medical Marijuana Industry Group, said the industry itself has pushed for robust regulations and expects compliance with lengthy state regulations on how the drug and be grown and sold.
"While everyone involved in these raids should be considered innocent until proven guilty, enforcement is a sign that this program is working and maturing," he said in a statement.
Mason Tvert of the Marijuana Policy Project said it wasn't clear how many businesses were raided. Many dispensaries and growing warehouses were operating as usual Thursday.
He said in a statement that he hopes federal authorities were "sticking to their word and not interfering with any state-regulated, law-abiding businesses."
http://news.yahoo.com/denver-pot-businesses-raided-ahead-legal-sales-232109833.html

Thachrizzy

I hate to see anyone get busted ever. I certainly don't trust the govt...any piece of it.

But...

Bottom line is that those that follow the rules can operate in the open without fear of incarceration. Get legal, don't get greedy, and you can make a solid living doing something you love.

Easy7

Veteran
I think they will bust people no matter if they follow local and state laws. It's still a federal crime. They are going to need a lot more bunks in federal prisons if they really want to control cannabis.

Obsidian

Veteran
yep, they raided "Grateful Meds" here in Nederland.
The original owner sold out to the Cartel, glad they got popped.
There's 2 other shops owned by the Colombians here in Ned,
eventually they will go down, it people like them
who give the Ganja Biz a bad rep.

most of the shops hit are owned by Out of State Owners. fact.

Thachrizzy

Wow...Grateful Meds used to be a beacon in the Dispensary game in CO. Sucks that the Cartel have moved into beautiful Nederland.

In all of Colorado the dankest genetics have always come out of that sleepy mountain town.

I say clean up all of the sketchy ones so that we can see this market blossom in the eyes of the world!!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to see anyone get busted ever. I certainly don't trust the govt...any piece of it.

But...

Bottom line is that those that follow the rules can operate in the open without fear of incarceration. Get legal, don't get greedy, and you can make a solid living doing something you love.
Yes, there are two states that have not been busted (MMJ)....New Jersey and New Mexico, as they followed the specifications of yield and have not exceeded the plant count. Maybe in Denver, they thought they could hedge the amount.

Thachrizzy

Colorado has seen thousands of canna lovers move into the state over the past year. People are moving there thinking that they can do what ever they want..."It is legal...I am going to blow it up man!". Basement grows are now the norm...12K watts the average. I forsee a ton of people getting busted next year.

Bottom line is that you cannot grow for money unless you are a caregiver or a licensed mmj/rec center.

Don't be stupid folks...follow the rules...don't get greedy. If you are not on the commercial side of the business get a real day job and then grow in freedom as a hobby.

They are watching us.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
A lot of MMJ dispensaries that follow the rules (which are expensive) are in favor of weeding out the ones which don't follow the rules. It costs a lot to follow the rules and it puts the ones that follow the rules at a competitive disadvantage.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
A lot of MMJ dispensaries that follow the rules (which are expensive) are in favor of weeding out the ones which don't follow the rules. It costs a lot to follow the rules and it puts the ones that follow the rules at a competitive disadvantage.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

When will it be commonly accepted as truth that prohibition does not work? Friggin ridiculous that this is a nation of adults acting this way, you'd swear they were kindergarten tots.

Keep it Clean! :D

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

But...

How do you know that these businesses didn't follow the rules?

Sealed Search Warrant? These guys must be terrorists OR THE PIECE OF SHIT GOVERNMENT is once again FUCKING OVER EVERYONE.

Search Warrants are PUBLIC INFORMATION. Why is the NAZI government working in SECRET again?

Won't take too many guesses to know that they are STEALING from hard working INDIVIDUALS.

FUCK THE US GOVERNMENT.

:joint: