What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana ‘hash oil' explosions on rise

mowood3479

Veteran
@ thomas paine, can u describe synthetic cannibinoids to me?
The high, the withdrawal, what they are called etc.. This is the first ive heard of this.
Is it big in sf atm?

DemonPigeon

Veteran
The high, the withdrawal, what they are called etc.. This is the first ive heard of this.
Is it big in sf atm?

I'm sure Thomas Paine has his own answer and I look forward to reading it, I've never used them myself but here's what I know/found about what they actually are:

You sometimes see them in head shops I think "Black Mamba" is one of them, I've seen that being sold in head shops, usually next to the other "incence" or "spice" products and the "20X Salvia Divinorum".

As far as I can tell they take shredded plants and mix them up with chemicals that make you high.

I've heard some use Salvia Divinorum as a base but I don't know if that's true, others use "Wild Dagga" which isn't "Dagga" (Cannabis) at all, it's "Lion's Ear", which can get you high on it's own but is also a hell of a lot worse for you than Cannabis and has none of the medicinal benefits.

from Wiki:

There is controversy about calling Spice and K2 synthetic cannabis. "Synthetic" is considered a misnomer, because the ingredients contained in these products are mimics, not copies of THC.[
Synthetic cannabinoid ingredients

In January 2009, researchers at the University of Freiburg in Germany announced that an active substance in Spice was an undisclosed analogue of the synthetic cannabinoid CP 47,497.<sup id="cite_ref-14" class="reference">[14]</sup> Later that month, CP 47,497 along with its dimethylhexyl, dimethyloctyl and dimethylnonyl homologues, were added to the German controlled drug schedules.<sup id="cite_ref-15" class="reference">[15]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-BGBL_vom_090119_16-0" class="reference">[16]</sup> In May the analogue of CP 47,497 was named cannabicyclohexanol.<sup id="cite_ref-pmid20117892_17-0" class="reference">[17]</sup>
In July 2010, it was announced that JWH-018 is one of the active components in at least three versions of Spice, which had been sold in a number of countries around the world since 2002, often marketed as incense.<sup id="cite_ref-18" class="reference">[18]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-19" class="reference">[19]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-20" class="reference">[20]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-21" class="reference">[21]</sup> Another potent synthetic cannabinoid, HU-210, has been reported to have been found in Spice seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.<sup id="cite_ref-22" class="reference">[22]</sup> An analysis of samples acquired four weeks after the German prohibition of JWH-018 took place found that the compound had been replaced with JWH-073.<sup id="cite_ref-23" class="reference">[23]</sup>
Different ratios of JWH-018 and CP 47,497 and their analogues have been found in different brands of synthetic cannabis<sup id="cite_ref-JMS_24-0" class="reference">[24]</sup> and manufacturers constantly change the composition of their products.<sup id="cite_ref-25" class="reference">[25]</sup> The amount of JWH-018 in Spice has been found to vary from 0.2% to 3%.<sup id="cite_ref-ned_26-0" class="reference">[26]</sup>
Other non-cannabinoid ingredients have also been found in synthetic cannabis blends around the world including substituted cathinone derived stimulant drugs such as 4-methylbuphedrone and 4-methyl-alpha-PPP, and psychedelic tryptamine derivatives such as 4-HO-DET.<sup id="cite_ref-27" class="reference">[27]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-28" class="reference">[28]</sup> In 2013 a designer opioid drug AH-7921 was detected in smoking blends in Japan, along with several novel cannabinoids and a cathinone analogue.<sup id="cite_ref-29" class="reference">[29]</sup>

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Is it big in sf atm?

It appears Mr. Paine has left the thread. Probably to re-read "Common Sense" as he has had it confused with "The Age of Reason" ;)

2nd_nature

Too many people with no knowledge of what they are doing or even aware of the fact that they are dealing with very easily combustible gasses. Tragic.

BigBudBill

Moonshine is illegal for a reason, cannabis concentrates as well. Myself, I've never tried either. Never seen a reason too. I find much more pleasure drinking a pint of a hoppy bitter ale, or smoking a stinky sweet flower out of a hand carved wooden hand pipe. But a crackhead is gonna be a crackhead even without the crack. That's just the way it is.

Like some have suggested earlier; Darwin will sort it out.

Really???? Your reasoning, for you, is fine. For me, your logic doesnt fit. But to come on and state whats fine for you and then make a veiled crackhead insult to people who do BHO is just fucked up. How can you package products different people make into the same group? Mind YOUR own damn business and keep the name calling to yourself.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Hash oil sets Bellevue, WA apartments ablaze - 7 people injured

Hash oil sets Bellevue, WA apartments ablaze - 7 people injured

Original story Friday, November 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM
The Seattle Times

Follow up:

Police are investigating whether the fire that injured seven people and destroyed 10 apartment units in Bellevue this week was caused by someone cooking a cannabis-related product.

Witnesses reported a loud boom before a fire erupted at The Hampton Greens, in the 4500 block of 148th Avenue Northeast, around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Fire officials estimated the damage at $1.5 million to the building and $150,000 to the contents.

A source close to the investigation said Friday that investigators found all the supplies to manufacture a cannabis-related oil — possibly the extremely volatile hash oil — inside one of the burned apartments.

The most popular way of making hash oil now involves flammable solvents, particularly butane, which can be bought in hardware stores.

Usually a glass or steel canister is stuffed with dried pot. The canister is then flooded with a solvent such as butane, which strips away the psychotropic plant oils. The resulting golden-brown goo is then purged of the solvent. Common methods include boiling it off in a hot-water bath, according to Wired magazine, or using a vacuum system to pull butane from the oil.

The danger comes mainly from improper ventilation. Butane is heavier than air and tends to sink and puddle in a closed room; sparks can cause catastrophes, which the Federal Emergency Management Agency says are sometimes misidentified as meth-lab mishaps.

When asked whether the fire was related to hash oil, Bellevue police spokeswoman Carla Iafrate said the cause of the fire is under investigation.

Bellevue police, the city’s fire marshal’s office and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the fire.

Seven people were injured in the blaze, three of whom were transported to Harborview Medical Center. Two of the people remain at Harborview, one in serious condition and the other in satisfactory condition.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022222545_bellevuefirehempxml.html

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Dana Point, CA explosion caused by hash-oil lab, man severely burnt

Dana Point, CA explosion caused by hash-oil lab, man severely burnt

Orange County News
Thursday Nov. 14
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A Dana Point explosion that sent one person to a hospital and damaged homes in the area is believed to be caused by a hash oil extraction lab, investigators said.

Authorities responded to the explosion and fire in the garage of a home in the 26800 block of Vista Del Mar in Capistrano Beach around noon.

A Good Samaritan rushed into the burning home to help a 31-year-old man get out to safety.

"I ran around to the other side of the house, and I started bashing out some glass and stuff, and I got in the house," said Mark Phelps, a neighbor.

"I just wanted to lead him to the front door because he was on fire. His skin was falling off."

The Orange County Fire Authority transported the burn victim to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana, where he remains in serious condition with burns to the upper body and face.

Phelps said he saw debris flying 150 feet up in the air.

"Fire was going everywhere. It was just blowing up. I mean, there was explosion after explosion and fire balls coming out," Phelps said.

The force of the explosion was enough to blow the garage door off of the home. Four homes were damaged by the fire, and windows at an apartment complex were blown out by the explosion.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department said marijuana and other evidence led investigators to believe the explosion was caused by a hash oil extraction lab. Officials say propane and butane bottles were also located in the home.

Authorities say the people who live at the home where the explosion happened run a catering business. Five people live at the home, but only one was at home at the time.

(Copyright ©2013 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

TheCleanGame

Veteran
People Being Stupid with Solvents! Film at 11!

Stupidity is as old as mankind... nothing to see here folks, move along.

Keep it Clean! :D

Thomas Paine

Veteran
All you people with your backyard lab made $50 gram crackabis are ruining it for the rest of us.

You are nothing but a bunch of HARD DRUG PUSHERS.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
All you people with your backyard lab made $50 gram crackabis are ruining it for the rest of us.

Are those making BHO "Hard Drug Pushers" Or are they "Ruining IT for YOU?"

Are these BHO consumers giving up on HARD DRUGS that you push, thereby RUINING it for you?

:joint:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
oh boy...

drug warriors.

beating drums.

ever hear of metronomes...you're out of beat.

reefer madness has no cure.

"The wise, and the worthy, need not the triumph of a pamphlet; and those whose sentiments are injudicious, or unfriendly, will cease of themselves unless too much pains are bestowed upon their conversion." thomas paine

Last edited:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran

And you Sir are an unadulterated PRICK.

Who the fuck are You to stand in judgment of ANYONE???

Boo Fucking Whooo,,, We all hear You. You cant handle Your Shit.

Peace Out; 1TT

iBogart

Veteran
Really???? Your reasoning, for you, is fine. For me, your logic doesnt fit. But to come on and state whats fine for you and then make a veiled crackhead insult to people who do BHO is just fucked up. How can you package products different people make into the same group? Mind YOUR own damn business and keep the name calling to yourself.

You're right. I shouldn't refer to people experimenting making concentrated cannabis products with volatile hydrocarbons such as butane, as crackheads. But if they're blowing themselves up, then certainly ignorance and stupidity are fair characterizations.

I will take back the Darwin comment, even though I believe Darwin is always at work in nature.

Peace.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Can I just say that the word "Crackabis" is not only stupid but do we really need people in OUR OWN FUCKING COMMUNITY making up words that associate the thing that brings us all together with one of the most dangerous drugs out there?

I look (figuritively) at the proud pot heads around me, some who have used opiates or cocaine, some like myself who haven't, some are on the right or the left wing, some are religeos, some not, some who love modern strains, some who love the classics, we could be from any race or any nation and I say to you we're each better than the mayor of Toronto.

Lets not make negative associations for anti-drug crusaders to attack us with.

We need to destroy the word "Crackabis" before it bites us all very hard in the ass.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Is it big in sf atm?

No no no, just fuckin NO.

Don't ever try it, it is so fucking addictive.

just forget about it, the shit sux.

I hurt some people really bad, and had to go to jail. Then rehab for 30 days and 3 years probation...

I was drug tested all the time, but couldn't stop smoking weed, it was too hard, so i was introduced to "blends" and synthetics (blends are the name for them when they are sprayed on smokable herbs).

However, they are so much stronger and so much faster than weed, that after i got off probation I kept smoking them, the weed didn't even work anymore, and I ended up hopelessly addicted.

I lost over 3 years of my life to that crap. It is a depressive, nodding-out all day junky dope stone.

Don't fuck with them, please I am begging you forget about them.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Take your $50 a gram backyard lab produced CRACKABIS and shove it up your asses.

The medical community is not amused.

They look as us like crackheads. They really do.

I live in SF. Every day it seems like there is another hash oil lab explosion.

This is getting to be an epidemic.

I for one won't be sucking that glass dick anymore.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
No no no, just fuckin NO.

Don't ever try it, it is so fucking addictive.

just forget about it, the shit sux.

I hurt some people really bad, and had to go to jail. Then rehab for 30 days and 3 years probation...

I was drug tested all the time, but couldn't stop smoking weed, it was too hard, so i was introduced to "blends" and synthetics (blends are the name for them when they are sprayed on smokable herbs).

However, they are so much stronger and so much faster than weed, that after i got off probation I kept smoking them, the weed didn't even work anymore, and I ended up hopelessly addicted.

I lost over 3 years of my life to that crap. It is a depressive, nodding-out all day junky dope stone.

Don't fuck with them, please I am begging you forget about them.

They aren't normal Cannabinoids, many aren't Cannabinoids at all!
The rest are generally ones that don't occur in real plants.
I'm really sorry you hurt people. but it's not weed's fault. Weed didn't hurt those people.

And as BHO has nothing to do with these synthetics anyway... I suggest you stop trying to draw comparissons between BHO and crack

Take your $50 a gram backyard lab produced CRACKABIS and shove it up your asses.

The medical community is not amused.

They look as us like crackheads. They really do.

I live in SF. Every day it seems like there is another hash oil lab explosion.

This is getting to be an epidemic.

I for one won't be sucking that glass dick anymore.

Seriously STOP FEAR-MONGERING DUDE, WE'RE ALL SICK OF IT!

It's you who is making us look like Paranoid junkies!