What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueDigiBerry F2

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so glad I saw this, I was beginning to regret no grabbing some of that CB x Digi bx DF dropped... and I have been drooling over your BB cut for a while so this is just as good if not better!

OldLuck

Will there be any more bdb f2's available soon? Always missing out, but would like to grab them with the bubba s1's if I could.

Thanks for sharing the gems.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'll be happy to send in a proper batch of these once the test grows are a bit further along, perhaps in about a month or so.

i would keep an eye on the bubbas though... last time i looked there were still a fair few packs up but that is the last proper batch of those i think.

VG

John Deere

Veteran
I did a little supercropping a few days ago for some canopy management and to encourage some side branching, especially on #1.

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran
And the good news is that I've got 3 girls! First the group shot.

picture.php

Here's plant 1, on the left, smallest and last to show flowers.

picture.php

Plant 2, in the center.

picture.php

And plant 3. She was the first to show and is still growing like crazy. A bb sativa would be awesome. Hope she smokes well.

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look fantastic JD! great training job too.

when do they go under the 400.?

you may have a sativa leaning plant in no.3 for sure. the sidebranching it shows ive always thought of as a thai trait. my BB cut starts to smell sweet and hashy around week 4 and then moves into cotton candy territory.

thats said all the plants are great lookers. i love n0.1 too.

VG

John Deere

Veteran
Thanks, VG. I bent them down a bit more today. With the t5 I like to keep things pretty even since it doesn't have the penetrating power of the hps. And supercropping is so dang easy.

Satori's been in the flower cab for 10 weeks today. Probably give her a couple more weeks. She's starting to bulk up and I'm seeing a few orange hairs. I prefer the fuller flavors and aromas of ripe fruit/veggies/flowers and cannabis is no exception so no early chopping for me.

#3 has huge side branching. That's one of the things I like about her. Thai, huh?

Overall aromas are getting sweeter and more flowery. 3 had a lemon citrus smell earlier but she's sweetening up, too. 1's still the sweetest.

Last edited:

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
What traits does one look for when selecting a male? If I want to try to select for Verdant's fox tail buds, what would I look for in a male?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What traits does one look for when selecting a male? If I want to try to select for Verdant's fox tail buds, what would I look for in a male?

you want to look for foxtail buds in its daughter plants...

you do that by taking and keeping clones from each male, then isolate each male in test crosses, then grow out the progeny of each one to determine which male passes the foxtail trait to his daughters more frequently and subsequently using that male as the pollen donor for your project.

if thats not feasible... the best bet, as far as I know, would be to use all the males and only use the seeds from the most fox tailed female for the next generation over a couple generations until the foxtail trait expresses it's self more frequently within the population... then finding a male that is true breeding for that trait "should" become easier

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
After asking the question,I did a little research. It sounds like you're correct. It seems that no matter what traits you select for in a male, the only way to know what he passes, is to breed with him. Oh well. I hired anything worth doing in life takes time.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah infinitesimal is right. i usually go for the 'use all the males' option, then at least you keep more genetics/variation in the line for people to select from in the future.

but also really locking in to one project and progeny testing a bunch of males would be interesting.

VG

John Deere

Veteran
Update time. The garden's doing well. Bug problems are gone. Girls are starting to develop nicely. I'm hitting them with weekly sst. The cilantro/coriander in the earlier pix is mulched into the soil and some flax seed has sprouted and is growing nicely.

Aromas on all 3 plants are fairly similar; very sweet, fruity, flowery...kind of hard to pinpoint exactly. #3 still has a bit of lemon/citrus hint to her sweetness.

Probably another week or more in the closet before hitting the actual flower cab.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

John Deere

Veteran
Plant #1. She started slowly but she's filling in nicely. Very pretty top bud structure and some nice lower buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

John Deere

Veteran
Plant #2. She's been kind of overlooked, between the runt and the super-stretch, but she's definitely holding her own. Her top buds look the fullest and she's got some nice side branch budding going on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

John Deere

Veteran
And plant #3. She's been my favorite so far. Fast growing, lots of nice side branches that are budding up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Looks pretty good considering the lack of intensity. I'm curious to see the bud structure under HID lighting. Do you have any experience with other blueberry strains to compare the smells to? Or are these your first?

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I was hoping to get my pack in time for my next run, but it hasn't shipped yet. Oh well, it'll give me time to build a male isolation chamber for the boys. Can't wait!

John Deere

Veteran
Thanks, Gil. The t5 with cfl supplements can grow some nice buds but yeah, no penetrating power at all. I'm looking forward to moving them to the flower cab. I even bought a new bulb, just for them. Another week or two. Sooner or later.

This is my first blueberry so I can't compare to others. I just gave them a good stem rub to compare now. They're all sweet overall but there are a few differences. #1 is straight sweet and flowery. It almost reminds me of roses at this point. #2 has a sour rank funk under her sweetness. It's got a bit of a bite to it. #3 has some sweet lemon citrus under her sweet.

I didn't time this grow very well with what I already had going but wanted to get these started ASAP since old bootz (sp?) has the only other seeds going that I'm aware of.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look great John, especially for saying they are under T5s. Take care when transferring them to the 400 as the blueberry pistils can be quite sensitive... so maybe keep the light a couple inches higher for a day or two. nice to see some decent variation too.

what are we about 4 weeks in?

VG