What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Legalizes Recreational Marijuana!

Obsidian

Veteran
POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN
means if I have a plant that produces 5lbs, it stays at home
this means any amount as Rob cory has stated.
this is a closed loop hole.

$

$$DBA Invoice1

And what will the Feds do about the new legalization laws in CO and WA?

This is a big FU! to the Feds.

BTW, I'm not seeing any requirement for people who grow at home to inform or get approval of their landlord!

Let the growing begin!

Now is the Time for all good people to OVERGROW the planet!

As of course It will eventually end up in the Supreme Court.

Gdood9

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
(a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
(b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
(c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
(d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
(e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.

It's pretty well written that it's not a hard limit when it comes to your own production. What you produce you can keep. You can only buy one ounce at a time and if you're not growing you can only possess one ounce at a time.

Obsidian

Veteran
And what will the Feds do about the new legalization laws in CO and WA?

This is a big FU! to the Feds.

BTW, I'm not seeing any requirement for people who grow at home to inform or get approval of their landlord!

Let the growing begin!

Now is the Time for all good people to OVERGROW the planet!

(6) Employers, driving, minors and control of property.
(a) NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO REQUIRE AN EMPLOYER TO PERMIT OR ACCOMMODATE THE USE, CONSUMPTION, POSSESSION, TRANSFER, DISPLAY, TRANSPORTATION, SALE OR GROWING OF MARIJUANA IN THE WORKPLACE OR TO AFFECT THE ABILITY OF EMPLOYERS TO HAVE POLICIES RESTRICTING THE USE OF MARIJUANA BY EMPLOYEES.
(b) NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO ALLOW DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MARIJUANA OR DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED BY MARIJUANA OR TO SUPERSEDE STATUTORY LAWS RELATED TO DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MARIJUANA OR DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED BY MARIJUANA, NOR SHALL THIS SECTION PREVENT THE STATE FROM ENACTING AND IMPOSING PENALTIES FOR DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF OR WHILE IMPAIRED BY MARIJUANA.
(c) NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO PERMIT THE TRANSFER OF MARIJUANA, WITH OR WITHOUT REMUNERATION, TO A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE OR TO ALLOW A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE TO PURCHASE, POSSESS, USE, TRANSPORT, GROW, OR CONSUME MARIJUANA.
(d) NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PROHIBIT A PERSON, EMPLOYER, SCHOOL, HOSPITAL, DETENTION FACILITY, CORPORATION OR ANY OTHER ENTITY WHO OCCUPIES, OWNS OR CONTROLS A PROPERTY FROM PROHIBITING OR OTHERWISE REGULATING THE POSSESSION, CONSUMPTION, USE, DISPLAY, TRANSFER, DISTRIBUTION, SALE, TRANSPORTATION, OR GROWING OF MARIJUANA ON OR IN THAT PROPERTY.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As of course It will eventually end up in the Supreme Court.

Nope, this has already been decided in the Feds favor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

On a more humorous note, came across this -

u0ujR.jpg

:dance013:

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN
means if I have a plant that produces 5lbs, it stays at home
this means any amount as Rob cory has stated.
this is a closed loop hole.
Agreed. That is how the amendment reads.

Skip

Veteran
(6) Employers, driving, minors and control of property.

(d) NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PROHIBIT A PERSON, EMPLOYER, SCHOOL, HOSPITAL, DETENTION FACILITY, CORPORATION OR ANY OTHER ENTITY WHO OCCUPIES, OWNS OR CONTROLS A PROPERTY FROM PROHIBITING OR OTHERWISE REGULATING THE POSSESSION, CONSUMPTION, USE, DISPLAY, TRANSFER, DISTRIBUTION, SALE, TRANSPORTATION, OR GROWING OF MARIJUANA ON OR IN THAT PROPERTY.

Thanks for the clarification. So it looks like renters will need the permission of the property owners. What's weird is that it sorta puts the property owners in the position of legislators since they can put whatever restrictions they choose on the use of the property. Makes it sound like they can OK sales of cannabis (which would require a state license).

It also implies they can prohibit marijuana smoking, just like they can prohibit tobacco smoking on premises.

So let's see, if you're a renter and your landlord prohibits you from smoking on the premises, and you can't smoke in public, means you'll have to find a friend's house where you can smoke, or a "coffeeshop" if those ever become reality.

Obsidian

Veteran
I think you read that wrong.
It says no one can stop a person from growing on the premises

1. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PROHIBIT A PERSON

2. OR ANY OTHER ENTITY WHO OCCUPIES, OWNS OR CONTROLS A PROPERTY FROM PROHIBITING OR OTHERWISE REGULATING THE POSSESSION, CONSUMPTION, USE, DISPLAY, TRANSFER, DISTRIBUTION, SALE, TRANSPORTATION, OR GROWING OF MARIJUANA ON OR IN THAT PROPERTY.

it says the owner can not regulate.

fungzyme

I think you read that wrong.
It says no one can stop a person from growing on the premises

1. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PROHIBIT A PERSON

2. OR ANY OTHER ENTITY WHO OCCUPIES, OWNS OR CONTROLS A PROPERTY FROM PROHIBITING OR OTHERWISE REGULATING THE POSSESSION, CONSUMPTION, USE, DISPLAY, TRANSFER, DISTRIBUTION, SALE, TRANSPORTATION, OR GROWING OF MARIJUANA ON OR IN THAT PROPERTY.

it says the owner can not regulate.

Seems like the exact opposite of that (?) - says nothing shall prohibit an owner, etc. from prohibiting or regulating the above stuff on his property, right?? Kind of like a double negative only with the word 'prohibit'...?

Growcephus

Veteran
Congratulations citizens of Colorado and Washington!!

FINALLY we have citizens with BALLS willing to step up to the plate and END the demonization and criminalization of a plant that had been a LEGAL and BENEFICIAL part of American culture for almost 200 fucking years.

FUCK YEA!!!

YOU ROCK!!!

/RESPECT

applause.gif

Z

Ziggaro

yeah obs you have that wrong it says the owner/occupier/controller cannot be prohibited from regulating
but then again the renter is the occupier and technically the controller of the house so what does that mean?

purple_man

Veteran
DAMN FAMBZ!!!

i hope this is for REAL (no time for in detail reading), but could it finally be happening? time for a celebration spliff :)

blessss
ps.: well done colorado folks!

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Renters think they can put anything in a lease they want, but often times leases are found to be against a higher standard or set of rules that the lease would violate. You can make any contract you want, but can only collect if the lease is legal to begin with.

Obsidian

Veteran
I mis read the prohibit from prohibiting

my bad

I own my own properties, I'm not worried.
If growers in the past had respected property owners maybe a different story.
To many greedy out of state a holes came here in 2009-present and destroyed so many homes with their shady grow ops.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
you did miss something;

i hope this is clear for you:

1 ounce is the hard limit for maximum you can have; and that ounce is not to leave the premises of where it was grown.

No more than one ounce for travel within state and you keep everything your 3 flowering plants produce in-home. umkay, read it again.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Veteran
sitting here in the shop, and we're all discussing this over coffee, chai, and nugs.

What do you all think this will do to/for regulation of clone and seed sales now?

We've been flooded with phone calls all morning here asking about our clones, and seeds.

It won't be until July 2013 that this whole commercial op license stuff starts, that's more than enough nuff time to formulate and get fundage. We have the team here, in fact the whole town is devoted to growing, soon as you pass the church you can smell the funkadunk.

OZZ_

Veteran
Aren't we all jumping the gun here? Its still against federal law... correct? I don't see them just laying down on the issue. surely they can over turn it or something right?

Or is that that? Its passed and that's all there is to it? If so... ill fucking move ...and take my skills in a very high demand career field with me.

Kushed

I agree OZZ_ I wouldnt want to get my hopes up.. and since the supreme court ruled on a very similar law that cali passed if i remember correctly what does this mean then? Cant/wont they just reaffirm their stance? Id stay on the low till you know for sure, but im hoping for the best for all!

Latest posts

Latest posts