What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Picture Limit?

Blaz3

Hello,since when is there a 5 picture limit per post?..is this new?..I dont remember there being a limit?

If so,is there a certain threshold you have to pass,in order to post as much pictures as you want?...post count?..reputation points?..time since registered?..

if you have any info..please reply..or pm me..mods too?..thank you brothers. :tiphat:

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
howdy Blaz3
no thresholds no special privileges..nuthin but equality..same rulez for all..the 5 picts limit
was applied a couple of months ago, just in order to improve the performance of the site.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Hey GH will this change with the new server?? or maybe some kind of locked Journal?? say a test grow, Or build outs??

just askin not stirrin ;)

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no need to mention it at all Blaz3, my pleasure.

cheers pal,
sorry bud, atm I don't really have an answer to your question..admin will surely take this into consideration and will make a decision about that..
till then, puffin n passin over :joint:
gh

Blaz3

Yes..I wont say I AGREE with this enw policy..makes posting detailed grow logs a bit harder..but if it has to be done,for the best of all the icmag family..then im all with it!

And yes..what is this talk about a NEW server..a new icmag?...will it be reborn from the ashes like a phoenix?...

Skip

Veteran
Hello,since when is there a 5 picture limit per post?..is this new?..I dont remember there being a limit?

If so,is there a certain threshold you have to pass,in order to post as much pictures as you want?...post count?..reputation points?..time since registered?..

if you have any info..please reply..or pm me..mods too?..thank you brothers. :tiphat:
You've only been here two months, this rule has been in effect way longer than that, so what other limit could you remember?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I have been here long enough to remember the pre 5 pics limit so will the new server still have the 5 pic rule? Thanks.

Blaz3

Hello Skip,Im honored by the rep point you left me ;]..

and no..Iv been around the block before,this is a new handle...Iv been with IcMag for quite some time...

At first,when I came back,I thought it was a new limit to new members...I didnt know it applied to everybody...and yeah skip,can you give us a hint?...will the new server have this 5 pic limit?

Skip

Veteran
If this server continues to run well, we will see if we can raise the limit for uploads. But the number of pics per post is unlikely to change as it affects everyone's download times per page, and many ppl now view the site on relatively slow mobile devices and must pay for bandwidth used.

"The needs of the many outweigh the desired convenience of the few..."

Now that the server speed has improved many more members are showing up and a lot more posts are being made each day. So we need to monitor the effects on the server as traffic increases. We might not need the server upgrade after all... :0)

So how are the image uploads/resizing going? Any faster now?

Last edited: