What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"New Posts" time marker change

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know what precipitated the change from the actual update time of the posts to "x minutes ago", but it seems like a step backwards from a traffic standpoint. I keep that page open and refresh it every once in a while based on when the top post was updated - now I have no way of knowing when that really happened, and have found that I am continually refreshing the page.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
this is a terrible change for the way i interact with the site. so confusing.

please, change it back?

OrganicBuds

Veteran
This is the one time I am not complaining about new changes, I like it. I could go either way but I prefer the new method.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the one time I am not complaining about new changes, I like it. I could go either way but I prefer the new method.

Interesting. What is it that you like better? It's great the moment that you pull it up, but from that point on it is dated information. I keep lots of pages open, including a few other sites, and wander back and forth to the computer throughout the day. Now I have to check each page instead of glancing at the time stamp and deciding whether or not to refresh it.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I like to check my favorite threads and maybe a few more then get off or else I will be on line all day. This means I don't leave pages open and the info stays fresh for me. Also, server times are always off, so in the past you would have to find how far off the server time was, then subtract the time from present time, and so on.

However you make very valid points.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
also now when i look back in my threads i am unable to pinpoint the date of specific posts.

so much for using my grow thread as an effective documentation of my schedule.