What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Perlite" too common to search for, can we do something about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
See title.

The search is an amazing tool, and I can understand limitations, but that's a bit much.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
That will return results for the other term along with the message "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: perlite", thanks though.

I came across a few more of the exact same request going back to at least 2009 so it looks like this is either not possible or a pretty low priority. Oh well, so much for searching through the archives for knowledge.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've found that doing a google search with "icmag" in the query often works better than the site search function.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Yeah that's how I came across this problem being posted before. Looks like that's probably going to be the route to go in this case. I find using "search term site:icmag.com/ic" works quite well.

guineapig

Veteran
For example try "Chunky + Perlite" :woohoo:

Always wear a mask when working with perlite, or at least a wet bandana over your face...

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
guineapig, does that work for you? I tried with and without quotes. With quotes, no results. Without, the message about perlite being too common.

How about this. Anyone know of any good grow logs with people using a recirculating perlite setup?

Skip

Veteran
You cannot make a search with Perlite.

That's because the word PERL is a hacker's delight and it is BANNED from searches here.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.