What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
few questions
1) in the first episode that muppet used some organic pesticide made from crushed seeds?, what was it ?
2) when the bud buyer/inspector (fat lad) was looking at buds he was being pretty rough and not using gloves, is that the norm for disp staff?
3) since the show aired has the place changed, still as many people going?
4) what charities do they give most of the money to?

thank you

Space Case

Veteran
few questions
1) in the first episode that muppet used some organic pesticide made from crushed seeds?, what was it ?
2) when the bud buyer/inspector (fat lad) was looking at buds he was being pretty rough and not using gloves, is that the norm for disp staff?
3) since the show aired has the place changed, still as many people going?
4) what charities do they give most of the money to?

thank you

1) No idea, and what do you mean by muppet?
2) Yea, pretty standard "vending"/selling procedure. I get buyers that will crush up a whole nug just to get its essence. You get used to people molesting your weed, after a while.
3) I was there in September, same shit, different day....
4) Themselves ;-)

Herborizer

Veteran
let's drop the "medicating" bullshit. We get fucking stoned! Pain relief is just gravy!! :)

Speak for yourself. For me this is not accurate at all. As a matter of fact, if I could grow weed that didn't actually get me stoned, but yet gave me all my medical effects, I would grow it.

paper_clip

I agree, let's drop the "medicating" bullshit. We get fucking stoned! Pain relief is just gravy!! :)

Right, this never fails to confuse me, why is it that cigarette smokers don't need an excuse for why they smoke and neither does people who drink, but when it comes to bud you have to be extremely sick or have a medical reason why you want to use it? Shit is so disturbing, it should just be as simple as having the right to use it without an excuse if you love it, and just stay away from it if you don't. Some people just love Cannabis for every single thing that it does, including medicinal benefits, but fuck needing an excuse to love it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Speak for yourself. For me this is not accurate at all. As a matter of fact, if I could grow weed that didn't actually get me stoned, but yet gave me all my medical effects, I would grow it.

Speak for yourself, you silly wabbit. Me wanna get high.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Did they cancel this show??? I have not seen it on tv since.. hmmm
anyways best to all happy growing :)

Macola

I'm WAY late here but I would just like to point out something that I've noticed during reading this thread.

On one hand some people want political correctness, suited-up, well-groomed out-of-the box-society-approved businessman and on the other hand some people have a problem because Steve said he opposes recreational use, using the word wellness instead.

Stoner or a politician, you can only have one.

Title refers to battles with authorities.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I always notice whenever "THEY" put cannabis shows on TV they always make it look like either the ppl are flakes the drug has zero medicine except to get you HIGH.. on and on.. There is no real data given in any of these episodes except stupid things like what hat they are wearing or what dress they like or how they used to dance naked BULLSHIT?? WTF does that have to do with cannabis ffs. Or how they have to fight the stupid man that is working with the feds cause he has no life.,, When I watch these shows I really wonder if the person who has put it together works for the feds lol.. I have only seen a few cannabis shows I thought were worth watching Woodly Harlelson's "Grass" was very good. and one other that name escapes me right now but the premise was cannabis seeds were making you plant them lol headband 707

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uhh man have you been IN a dispo recently? At least here in Santa Cruz every dispo I've been in looks like an episode of; " The Island of Dr. Moreau" experiment, I mean freak show is putting it midly...lol.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This can't end well....

and it didnt.........I bet he's regrettin this show right about now. And that worker they fired would never get hired by me.....the second i saw him i thought he was a sticky fingered fuck. I can see him opening his mouth to the wrong people to bail himself out. Tis what happens when ya hire kids to run ur ish.

I have only seen a few cannabis shows I thought were worth watching Woodly Harlelson's "Grass" was very good. and one other that name escapes me right now but the premise was cannabis seeds were making you plant them lol headband 707

Are you thinking of "Botany Of Desire"?

purple_man

Veteran
i guess botany of desire it is...

but hey, screw them harborside winey bitchez, and there "grower bros" who spread spider mites like pros, ... charging top $ from the sick and the poor... and having the nerve to act it all up in front of the camera and diss the same folks, who supply him with his so called "medicine" and let his weak ass capitalize upon it... and by the way, where has his bitch ass been BEFORE the 215 prop??? (i guess molesting mini hims and trying to get a puff from the "recreational growers" ...)

blessss