What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

stevr59

how big is your closet indica girl mines is 3.75 sq ft 31" high by 21" by 18" well uhhhhhhh close to that any ways

G

indicagirl,

no worries I'm sure the folks here can help you through that remote ballast thing. I'll pull the lid off mine and show you the wiring if no one else has a diagram (pipe_Dream?). First you'll need

a box for the ballast - I use a 4"x4" junction box from depot with flat lid

some connectors for the punch out's in the box

a heavy duty extension cord

a male plug (the one with the prongs)

StickyGreenCola

I would recognize that cab anywhere Polar.

Welcome to all newcomers, this is a helpful bunch. Im sure we can figure out a way to help you remote that light of yours KG.

So long as you've got a cam or can post accurate descriptions as you disassemble.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Pipedream said:
Another thing that's really strange is looking at my name and avatar and realizing that folks think I'm a noobie. While it didn't matter to me while I had them, it is kind of disappointing to see that I've lost the long string of Karma that I had and the thousands of posts I was credited for. Well, I guess we're all in the same bag now. The only thing to do is pitch in and help out here as we make this our new home. (pipedream_believer)

I lost my 2000 points of Karma, and my 2000 post count too, many of those posts in carefully constructed threads. Whats more, I lost my "Mentor" title that I was so honored to recieve.

Just remember that a good person is truely known by the good works they preform, titles and karma come up way behind in importance. I am sure you will soon establish yourself in the ranks of helpful folks here!

I was really never one to join a club on OG, but a freind and I are running a 150w as we speak, so I may have something to add here :kos:

G

Glad to see you guys set up over here, this thread on og inspired me enough to run down to the hardware store and pick up a 150w. Still working on the cabinet set up (sorry no pics broke my digi cam) so I'm veggin 2 plants under 2 45w cfl's until I get things dailed in.

StickyGreenCola

I got some pics I took while OG was down. Fisrt is the next girl I got comin down:yummy:, though shes taking her sweet time. Second is the whole shabang, everything I need to keep two people smokin. :smoweed:

stonerpanda

Haha, I was thinking about starting a 150W HPS club in the normal growing forums as soon as I got some new pictures to put up but I haven't been able to borrow a camera yet. I just harvested my second grow today, first time under an actual HPS. The difference between it and fluoro tubes is amazing. Its going to be at least an oz after drying (one plant, LST'd). I also built a cheapo cool tube which is amazing... all this was inspired by the 150W club! The only thing is I used coco coir which somehow fucks with the nitrogen content and the plant practically stops mid-flowering... it took a rediculous amount of time to flower. Next time im making 3 gallon DWC buckets and I think Im going to order some floranova to play with (using BC nutes now), now that I've got growing down, I need to tweak my techniques to maximize my yield.

Ill get some pics as soon as I can, along with a final dry net weight.

StickyGreenCola that cab looks great! You build it? What's your light setup?

StickyGreenCola

They are both modified from existing furniture. The top is a speakerbox, and the bottom is a set matched dresser. Really low key.

The top cab has two 45w CFL's, and the bottom has a 150wHPS and 4 x 20w 24" flouros.

overgrowin

Hey Pipedream,
I remember your thread from overgrow.
I recently bought the e-conolight 150 hps, gutted it and did a remote ballast
in a small cab, 2 square feet to be exact.

Temps stay about 5 degrees above room temps right now but I know
I'll have problems this summer with the current ventilation setup.
been working on the bake a round cool tube so I'll be ready for summer.

Looking forward to seein' some eye candy in here!

groer

I got Sour Bubbles vegging under the 150, I got a 250 the other day and I'll be putting that in for flowering.

6104303.jpg

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Well I finally managed to recover the info from my original "Tiny Bubbler System" thread on OG and all of the associated pictures. I updated it a bit, and started a new thread here in the Indoor Hydro area. If you'd like to check it out, I've put a link in my signature, and would love to hear your comments.

StickyGreenCola

Depending on your settings you might be able to get a good deal of your old pics out of your internet cache. A few people have been processing google cache files and getting big chunks of the OG pages back.

Just a thought.

stevr59

help my 150 is off lost my mouter thanks to my lazenest i didnt check my bubbler and she ran dry and killed my mouther got 2 clones from her one will not root at all and is not looking good thsnks to spidermites the other has rooted and i got her in a bubbler and the roots just hit the water but she dont seem to be doing to good either i quess from the spider mites i am useing floranova 300 ppm any idea on when i should up the ppm lever

Hmm. I'm not that knowledable on resuscitating plants... I'd say to up the ppm when new growth starts. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could help?

Last edited:

stevr59

Well to late i threw it out all the leafts dryed up and the new shoots turned limp and kind of gray with webs all over the plant when i pulled her from th bubbler the roots where all brown and fell right off so far i got one clone from her with one big tap root that my last shot if not i got 5 seeds left so there still some hope left.

Latest posts

Latest posts