What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite, No.1, Best Sativa?

My stranded-on-a-desert island 3 favorite sativas... Kali Mist, robust, hearty, great genetics, trippy, long lasting high. C5 an old NL5xhaze cross I think, that made the buildings in Amsterdam look even more like a Dr. Seuss illustration and finally Destroyer which reminds me of the 70's sativas.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Been pondering this question myself.

Lots of suggestions but many older strains.

Jack Herer, Kali Mist, Durban Poison, Amnesia Haze, SSH, C99, NL5xHaze

Are they what they used to be?

In many cases no...

Been looking at the African crosses from TopDawg but very little info from actual grows of them.

Ace appears to be a no brainer.

REALPOTency

Veteran
ghost train haze for modern hybrid,
very powerfull rocket sativa, electric effects
with the Neville haze x twreck,

kalimist, jackherer, amnesia, grapefruit sativa,
the jack herer high is the best daytime and happy mode
land races india hashplants,

WelderDan

Veteran
The local homegrown from my hometown, which was a hybrid of Colombian Gold, Thai and Acapulco Gold. Purple spears of sticky goodness that would drown out a joint with its own resin. You'd have redish goo on your lips and fingers, and the joint would just stop burning. You'd have to break up the roach in a pipe to finish smoking it. Good times, good times. Then, Colombian gold from the 70's, followed closely by Acapulco Gold from the same time frame. I miss that weed.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Panama Red n piff followed by a 80s line of puna Hawian a haZe type pheno I grew early 2000s....

I feel like malawi needs a mention, I smoke pounds of herb a year but can't always finish a straight Malawi joint to the head. Still want one with a heavier terpene profile.
I see a lot of haze on people's lists and yep that would be next go to sativa. Usually anything hazy gets my attention. Riding a Lemony electric haze bolt through the universe.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Sam's thunk is the one I have kept for many years.

Made S1 and a cross with nycd x sensi star.

Had two phenos of Ace Zamaldelica, one pineapple, and the carrot mango,
brain crushing goodness.

oldbootz

Veteran
I like the pure sativas. I will second someone earlier that said bushmen. Its the ciskei bushmen from herbaria / tropical seed co. Easy to grow, amazing terpenes like honey/vanilla/citrus so complex. The effect is also very centered and motivational for me. Not super energetic but can get things done easily. Its hard to choose a favourite from all the amazing plants but I do feel like this is the one that got away. I wish i had her back.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
What strain is this MAHA KALA?

its my favorite haze hybrid called titan´s haze. very potent and long lasting. takes only 12 weeks of flowering. I found good description of it: "When entering a room in which the Titan’s Haze has been smoked, the fragrant yet slightly acid grassy smell will make mouths water with hopes for the impending high. The taste is less sweet than many hybrids, a return to an old-school haze profile. Titan’s Haze brings back the legendary cerebral rush that sativa connoisseurs crave. The buzz soars with mildly trippy effects on heavier ouse, and a stimulating, creative impulse that endears it to artists and musicians. This is accomplished by a hint of Afghani body hit. Its powerful buzz is energizing and good for ADHD, but it may bring out a manic tendency in a naturally hyperactive person. Use caution when mixing pleasures – combined with alcoholic beverages, the potency may become unpleasant. Occasional users should show restraint to maximize enjoyment. More experienced sativa fans will delight in the ecstatic, clean, enduring high from this haze Titan.

Happy Times

its my favorite haze hybrid called titan´s haze. very potent and long lasting. takes only 12 weeks of flowering. I found good description of it: "When entering a room in which the Titan’s Haze has been smoked, the fragrant yet slightly acid grassy smell will make mouths water with hopes for the impending high. The taste is less sweet than many hybrids, a return to an old-school haze profile. Titan’s Haze brings back the legendary cerebral rush that sativa connoisseurs crave. The buzz soars with mildly trippy effects on heavier ouse, and a stimulating, creative impulse that endears it to artists and musicians. This is accomplished by a hint of Afghani body hit. Its powerful buzz is energizing and good for ADHD, but it may bring out a manic tendency in a naturally hyperactive person. Use caution when mixing pleasures – combined with alcoholic beverages, the potency may become unpleasant. Occasional users should show restraint to maximize enjoyment. More experienced sativa fans will delight in the ecstatic, clean, enduring high from this haze Titan.

By The Flying Dutchmen?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Amnesia core cut. Little tolerance build up for me and with max 20%thc imo better effect than other highgrade stuff.

I know this thread is about the best and there can't be another best but i like bushmans. Best if u can't get to much wasted but still like to smoke the whole day long.

goingrey

It won't win any competitions for being the "best". But this is my favorite:

fetch

What is it? I don't know for sure as I have lost my notes and the seeds were made years ago. But it's probably Thyphoon x Durban.

Resin content is on the low side. A similar amount of say OG Kush will create double the amount of vapor in the vaporizer. The resin itself is plenty potent though.

Effects wise it's kinda like acid. No - not "bat country" from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. But like a single/low dose of LSD. Introspective and very emotional, but without the cloudy thoughts of those emotions, rather a super clear ("intelligent") mind.

Taste and smell are very Durban-esque.

A similar high with much better potency, yield, bag appeal, and even taste/smell could surely be found easily. So why is this my favorite? For one very simple reason; it can be grown to full maturity at my latitude. And not very many sativas can - pretty much only Leb27, Thyphoon, and some autoflower/sativa crosses.

Trying a clone from the best plant from last summer indoors now, just started flowering:

fetch

Latest posts

Latest posts